• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
Can this be sideloaded? My only android device is a GPD XD and i can't see the app in the Play Store

You can sideload, but it looks like the app requires WiFi 5G support for cloud gaming. My Honor 8X only wokrs with 2.4Ghz and the cloud options is not shown.

Is there a way to test this without an android product? I have two xboxes and a pc - i just wanna see the performance

Try with BlueStacks.

How do you access this? Is it a US only thing at the moment? I'm in the UK and downloaded the gamepass and the streaming preview app and none of them let me stream games.

Phone model? you need a phone with wifi 5ghz support

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Tried a handful of games on my retired Pixel 2 using a DS4 with clip and it works amazingly well. No noticeable lag and it looked fine on the phone. I probably won't be playing a lot, but it's nice to have the option included in GP.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
So, I managed to give it a whirl. Seemed worth a punt for a quid.
Had my Chromebook hooked up to my 40" 1080p TV, with a XB1 controller connected. The Chromebook was on Wifi, but sat right next to the router. Like, 10cm away from it at most.
Well, on the up-side there are a lot of games to chose from, and the one I tried (SOR4) had no lag that I could perceive. In terms of responsiveness it seemed just as good as Stadia, which in turn is just as good as local hardware, so thats pretty awesome.
On the downside, the 720p display did look a little rough. Not horrible, not unplayable, just rough. There was some notable macroblocking in places, and the display seemed a bit more prone to stutter, with the screen never quite scrolling smoothly. There were occasional more serious drop-outs, but on Wifi thats to be expected.
I played some Monster Boy on Stadia, on the same device, just to compare (I typically run Stadia on my CCU) In comparison, the 1080p display looked, for the mot part, like the game was running locally. There was still occasional drop-outs, much fewer than xCloud, but they still happened. Screen-scrolling was also noticeably smoother for the most part.

So, for now, xCloud streaming is ok as a 'complimentary' service, but Microsoft still has a bit to go before their streaming tech is ready to take over from local hardware for big-screen gaming.

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
So, I managed to give it a whirl. Seemed worth a punt for a quid.
Had my Chromebook hooked up to my 40" 1080p TV, with a XB1 controller connected. The Chromebook was on Wifi, but sat right next to the router. Like, 10cm away from it at most.
Well, on the up-side there are a lot of games to chose from, and the one I tried (SOR4) had no lag that I could perceive. In terms of responsiveness it seemed just as good as Stadia, which in turn is just as good as local hardware, so thats pretty awesome.
On the downside, the 720p display did look a little rough. Not horrible, not unplayable, just rough. There was some notable macroblocking in places, and the display seemed a bit more prone to stutter, with the screen never quite scrolling smoothly. There were occasional more serious drop-outs, but on Wifi thats to be expected.
I played some Monster Boy on Stadia, on the same device, just to compare (I typically run Stadia on my CCU) In comparison, the 1080p display looked, for the mot part, like the game was running locally. There was still occasional drop-outs, much fewer than xCloud, but they still happened. Screen-scrolling was also noticeably smoother for the most part.

So, for now, xCloud streaming is ok as a 'complimentary' service, but Microsoft still has a bit to go before their streaming tech is ready to take over from local hardware for big-screen gaming.

XCloud is based on Xbox One hardware, that's why it is 720p and it is intended for mobile. Next year MS will add Xbox Series hardware and it will have better quality.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
FYI, this works pretty well in an unofficial capacity in BlueStacks on PC so long as you "Force On" controller support in the settings menu. If I had to judge, it has slightly more delay than playing directly on a phone or tablet, but still definitely do-able.

I played about an hour each of ODST and Forza Horizon 4 (Lego) last night, walked away happy.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Tried 3 games. It's still terrible imho. By itself Xbox one s performance is bad. But the bitrate is terrible with macro blocks. And I put lag is here. Even with kishi. It's so far behind GeForce now and stadia is in another league. Feels like a beta. I hope they can improve the bitrate when série X blades arrive

It really isn't like that at all so no idea why it is for you.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Making a video on test results of this later today
So far my Samsung tablet is working great only one crash while loading Halo MCC
Indie games are running great double kick heroes (that game is unplayable with lag) Carrion was near flawless
Forza Horizon 4 and Outer Worlds ran great
My Galaxy 7 that's a different story most games a distorted with bad framerates

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'm part-way through Tell Me Why at the moment, so I think I'm going to fire it up in a bit, see how it holds up (it is supported, right? I need to check the game list!). I haven't actually used xcloud in a while, but I can't see that it would've gotten worse between beta and release. I was genuinely impressed and surprised with how it worked before... I guess there's a datacentre not too far from me..? Might have a look, see where the nearest is.

EDIT looks like the nearest one is actually in London, ha.

Cheers! :)

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Also in the Kishi club

Tried out Wastleland 3, Hotshot Racing, Streets of Rage 4 and Undermine.

I'm on 5Ghz WiFi and in a 5G area in the UK with unlimited data.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This thread is a duplicate of this one:
www.resetera.com

More than 150 games will be available on Android devices when cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [UP: Launched!] News

The games: A Plague Tale: Innocence Absolver Afterparty Age of Wonders: Planetfall ARK: Survival Evolved Astroneer Batman: Arkham Knight Battletoads Battle Chasers: Nightwar Black Desert Blair Witch Bleeding Edge Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Bridge Constructor Portal Carrion Children of...

Please continue discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.