• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
I know I'm spoiled with the Kishi, but I tried some of the custom controls for Minecraft Dungeons this morning. The custom on screen config looks great and like it's meant to be part of the game. Kinda felt the "streaming" aspect feel a bit less tacked on and more like a mobile game (if that's a positive thing to say...)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried 3 games. It's still terrible imho. By itself Xbox one s performance is bad. But the bitrate is terrible with macro blocks. And I put lag is here. Even with kishi. It's so far behind GeForce now and stadia is in another league. Feels like a beta. I hope they can improve the bitrate when série X blades arrive

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Tried 3 games. It's still terrible imho. By itself Xbox one s performance is bad. But the bitrate is terrible with macro blocks. And I put lag is here. Even with kishi. It's so far behind GeForce now and stadia is in another league. Feels like a beta. I hope they can improve the bitrate when série X blades arrive

I literally had the opposite experience. Where do you live? The games I tried look pretty damn crisp, and the input lag was pretty impressive. Definitely wasn't 1:1 with native console experience, but it was pretty negligible for anything not requiring twitch controls.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017

I can't try this yet because Apple fucking sucks, but the experience you describe is the one that I had on Stadia with my PC...just saying, that experience isn't what everyone is having. It will be nice if they can get the blades upgraded and the service can be more consistent...but will it ever be consistent for everyone? probably not.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Was in the preview program for a while now and really enjoyed it, can only see it getting better.

The sad thing is this was my go to travel way of playing...now there is no travel.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The tech is pretty impressive, it works great for me! Super good option when I'll be on the go. I tested this service with Devil May Cry 5 for example and found it to be perfectly playable.

Still haven't received the Razer Kishi from the German Microsoft Store. Seems still unavailable here from Amazon, too :/ Seen this on Twitter from multiple folks, too.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

You know that's not how this works, right ?
Your experience is largely dependent on how close you are to their datacenters, and isn't going to be the same many others have.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
The tech is seriously impressive. Game pass paired with the Kishi feels like an Xbox in the palm of my hands. I tried 4 games today and they all felt perfectly playable and much better than the earlier stages of the preview program where I would get connection issues. can't wait until they upgrade the blades and see how it fares.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I've been in the beta for a while now but... I'm just not interested in playing games on my phone. It's just not a great ergonomic experience even with a controller adapter.

If they can increase their streaming quality and allow people to stream from more devices, including browsers, that's when this service will start to feel competitive with the existing streaming services for me. I think people really underestimate the value of being able to log in from any browser and play at high quality. I feel like that's already the standard for a modern streaming service.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Well this blows.
I was excited to give it a try, as it looks like the app installs on my Chromebook (I dont fancy playing console games on a phone or tablet screen). But when I try to sign up for the first month of gamepass for £1, I just get "An unexpected error occurred" on their website.
Its a new account, I put in my debit card details, still get an error.
Bummer.

I guess I'll try again later.
EDIT: Managed to sign up on my phone. Weird that it wouldnt work on a chromebook.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know that's not how this works, right ?
Your experience is largely dependent on how close you are to their datacenters, and isn't going to be the same many others have.
I have 1000/1000mb optical fiber internet. And I'm in Paris I think it's very close to a data center. Performance is just not amazing because the hardware used itself. And macro blocking are the same as in the beta

actually it's still an open beta I think. Just start a game. It says beta in the bottom...

im sure it will be better when they upgrade blades. This current hardware may not be able to give a good experience.and everything is 30fps :(( (almost)

Kain3984

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm spoiled with the Kishi, but I tried some of the custom controls for Minecraft Dungeons this morning. The custom on screen config looks great and like it's meant to be part of the game. Kinda felt the "streaming" aspect feel a bit less tacked on and more like a mobile game (if that's a positive thing to say...)

I had the same experience this morning when I tried Minecraft Dungeons and was surprised how much I enjoyed it with the on-screen controls. (ended up playing for over an hour when I only meant to try it for a few minutes, hah!) I have held off on buying a Kishi (partly because I've heard the Note 20 Ultra doesn't fit in it too well) but after playing Minecraft Dungeons I'm hopeful more games can have the on-screen controls like that. For me that would be a lot easier too, as I'm not always going to want to take a Kishi with me everywhere I go and being able to just turn on Game Pass on my phone and use the on-screen controls is a lot more convenient.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting to see what my cousins' impressions are. They both have gamepass ultimate. I've been telling them about how cool streaming can be even with psnow but I suspect they will have even better results. One of them did sign up for nvidia's service before so it will be interesting to see how they all compare. I think streaming is an excellent supplement to local gameplay and has certain advantages. Exciting times ahead!

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I think I played a good twenty hours of Yakuza 0 over Xcloud and it was great. The input lag was about as bad as playing a game on a TV with no game mode which, while not ideal, is something I was able to adapt to fairly quickly.

I really like this as a value add to my existing GP Ultimate sub, I have to say. It's going to come in really handy.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait to try the Minecraft Dungeons touch controls. Game Streaming works good for me but I hope they work on adding rumble, party chat and second screen functionality so we can just use the mobile device as a screen. This would leave the controller synced (party chat, rumble etc) to the console for home streaming which is different than the current console streaming functionality they offer.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know it was a thing, but you can buy portable usb c monitors. It worked on my Samsung Phone. Run Dex mode and play xCloud.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
This works great for me, but I think I will use it more when they add it to console too so I can try out stuff on Game Pass without having to download first.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Can this be sideloaded? My only android device is a GPD XD and i can't see the app in the Play Store

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Is there a way to test this without an android product? I have two xboxes and a pc - i just wanna see the performance

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll work out a system to play your owned non game pass titles any time soon.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
How do you access this? Is it a US only thing at the moment? I'm in the UK and downloaded the gamepass and the streaming preview app and none of them let me stream games.

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Yeah, this is pretty much my experience as well. I love the big selection of games, but I really hope they upgrade the hardware asap.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good walkthrough video that was linked on another forum, using on a PC via Samsung Dex

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Solid performance and low latency on my NVIDIA Shield TV. Excellent for catching up on those exclusives I never had a chance to play.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good walkthrough video that was linked on another forum, using on a PC via Samsung Dex

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Wow! That's super cool using Dex. God damn I need an Android device now!

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I think I played a good twenty hours of Yakuza 0 over Xcloud and it was great. The input lag was about as bad as playing a game on a TV with no game mode which, while not ideal, is something I was able to adapt to fairly quickly.

I really like this as a value add to my existing GP Ultimate sub, I have to say. It's going to come in really handy.
When did you become a mod? Congrats, youre one of the most active posters on the xbox games studios thread so I see your posts a lot.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Would love to know this as well. I know PCGP and in-home XB1 streaming are things, but this service being only available on Android seems almost comically restrictive.
Android has an 87% market share worldwide.

Annoying if you are an IOS user (as I am), but you are comically wrong

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't recommend enough the Samsung a71 for cloud gaming. 300 bucks. Oled 6.7 screen. Gréât battery.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018

Did you play with a wifi connection or a cellular connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.