• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

"Last year, we said that 2019 would be a year where the curtain rises for a new stage for Platinum Games," "We're a bit late on that, but I believe we'll have several big announcements to deliver early in the new year, so please look forward to that. That's a promise I'll definitely keep."

Representative studio head Atsushi Inaba adds that you can expect more announcements "big and small" throughout 2020.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMX8kLp.gif

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't announce new games until you've finished with the ones you're already making ffs.

Unless Nier 3 is gonna be announced of course.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Bayo and Wonderful 101 at the next Nintendo Direct is what's realistic.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta 3 formally revealed, gameplay content explored, on a Nintendo Direct. Launches August 2020.
Metal Gear Rising 2, contracted by Konami, as a means of continuing the Metal Gear brand.
The Wonderful 101 ported, digital release self published by Platinum via Tencent funding.
Nier Anniversary Celebration; Nier Automata ported to Switch, Nier remake announced (base story, dialogue, content largely the same, combat system overhauled and rebuilt by Platinum)
Hideki Kamiya's new title announced.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Whatever they have I'm there day 1. Can't wait to see what's next!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is probably related to their self-publishing efforts (see also the deal with Tencent thread).

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I for one hope they finally have a game with light/heavy attack based combo strings and a focus on dodging, perhaps with special effects!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're making a sequel to Madworld with even less color

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
That's Wonderful news! "Early" 2020 probably means sometime within the first 101 days of the year, I would guess.

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
Nier remake for later this year, and hopefully a next-gen Nier 3 announcement for a 2021 release?

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if it'll be at a Playstation 5 reveal event, since they announced the PS4 at an event in February right?

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
I was impressed with how fast NieR: Automata came out after its announcement, so I'm looking forward to hearing what they've got coming up.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Luca Strikes Again: Bayonetta
Astral Chain 2: Lappy's Revenge

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The first big announcement was likely their partnership with Tencent. Now the big question will be when they'll announce their self published game/s. They've been teasing doing that for some time now.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Bayo3 and TW101 port HERE WE GO!!!
source.gif

Bayonetta 3 formally revealed, gameplay content explored, on a Nintendo Direct. Launches August 2020.
Metal Gear Rising 2, contracted by Konami, as a means of continuing the Metal Gear brand.
The Wonderful 101 ported, digital release self published by Platinum via Tencent funding.
Nier Anniversary Celebration; Nier Automata ported to Switch, Nier remake announced (base story, dialogue, content largely the same, combat system overhauled and rebuilt by Platinum)

TW101 is a nintendo game though, just like astral Chain.
If they didnt buy back the rights, that i wouldnt think so, Im sure Nintendo is gonna let them release it again on the switch.
Dont know if before or after Bayo3, but it will happen.
The Tencent publishing is probably for any new games were they dont want to work with Nintendo as they want it multisystem (PC, PS5 and series x). Something tells me they will still work with Nintendo for some of their games with money coming from directly from Nintendo.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
🤢, one of OG Nier's charms is how fun it is once you become OP, largely thanks to the Sealed Verses. The Pod Programs in Automata were not nearly (excuse the pun) as satisfying.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
TW101 is a nintendo game though, just like astral Chain.
If they didnt buy back the rights, that i wouldnt think so, Im sure Nintendo is gonna let them release it again on the switch.
Dont know if before or after Bayo3, but it will happen.
The Tencent publishing is probably for any new games were they dont want to work with Nintendo as they want it multisystem (PC, PS5 and series x). Something tells me they will still work with Nintendo for some of their games with money coming from directly from Nintendo.

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

🤢, one of OG Nier's charms is how fun it is once you become OP, largely thanks to the Sealed Verses. The Pod Programs in Automata were not nearly (excuse the pun) as satisfying.

I agree with this. I liked it. But people constantly pile on Nier's combat. If it gets a remake, I can see Platinum redoing it.