• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
At PAX East 2020 in Boston, Gematsu sat down with Platinum Games executive vice president and studio head Atsushi Inaba, and senior vice president and game designer Hideki Kamiya to talk about the recently Kickstarted The Wonderful 101: Remastered, the newly announced Kamiya-directed hero game Project G.G., and the newly established Platinum Games Tokyo.

Full Interview : Gematsu

Gematsu: The Wonderful 101: Remastered was announced as a Kickstarter project in early February, and a May release date was announced later in the month. Can you explain what from the funding went into the game itself?

Atsushi Inaba : "Well the actual reason we decided to do a Kickstarter campaign was not for funding at all, it was more about gauging interest in The Wonderful 101. This is a game we've always wanted to revisit at some point in time, so we thought it would be a good opportunity to bring the fans together—to unite them—and gauge interest. And in essence, to release the game. So it wasn't really about the amount of funding at all, it was about self-publishing, bringing fans together, and revisiting The Wonderful 101."

Last edited:

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
I'm worried about Metal Gear Rising 6's development

On topic: Will read when I have time. Awesome guys.

May 21, 2018
PG is cooking with gas now that they've got their own creativity kitchen up and running. New IPs from them are always interesting.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why? It's a Nintendo game. Nintendo doesn't want to show it until they decide whenever they want to start marketing it. They literally haven't talked about anything other than Animal Crossing this year.
I was joking, because in the interview they not to worry about the bayo 3's development like 4 times.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Good to see they're not eschewing contract work even though they are looking to do more self-published things.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Would you say that because you guys are moving towards self-publishing that you're moving away from working with other companies?

Kamiya:
"That's not the intention at all. We've established a lot of fantastic partnerships, so we want to continue doing that, while also expanding and working and self-publishing our own IP."

Sounds like they'll probably keep working with Square and Nintendo for the forseeable future as long as nothing terrible happens with any of those partnered projects.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before we go, can you do that thing where you tell me development on Bayonetta 3 is going well and there's nothing to worry about?

Inaba:
"(Laughs.) There's nothing to worry about at all. There's nothing to worry about. Things are going very well. Really, there's nothing to worry about."

giphy.gif

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
When we first spoke about The Wonderful 101: Remastered back in September, Kamiya-san mentioned an Xbox One version as a planned stretch goal. Can you speak a bit to what happened there?

Kamiya:
That's very true, and we did plan and want to release on Xbox One. But the fact of the matter was that the original engine for the game and the engine for the Xbox One are very different, and it's not easy to port like the other systems. So as a result of that, unfortunately and regrettably, we had to relinquish the Xbox One release."

Is an Xbox One version something you would rule out entirely?

Kamiya:
"It's just a very costly thing to do and we don't have the ability to do it in-house. I don't want to say it will never happen. If the right things come together and we get enough money, it might be possible, but it's just an expensive thing to do. We did want to do it—it's purely for that reason that we couldn't."

Thats a bullshit answer if I ever saw one.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm worried about Bayonetta 3's development.
they keep reiterating that the development is going smoothly. it's not up to them to show off the game or talk about details, and nintendo isn't talking about any game right now, even ones who are confirmed for 2020.

edit: nevermind i see it's a joke about the interview, lol

Last edited: