• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Considering their close relationship, I guess I could see Nintendo throwing PlatinumGames a bone and funding a port. I would be into it.

goddamnimglam

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm, now that looked just like:

giphy.gif

You know I never noticed Bill's tongue until just right now.

Anyway I will buy it if it comes to Switch, although if I'm being honest I sort of hope it's discounted.

Oct 25, 2017
Man oh man, make it happen. W101 is my top-requested Wii U to Switch port, beating out 3D World, Xenoblade X, and TMS.
Hell, Wonder-Red is still my top choice for showing up in Smash Bros. Hopefully for the sixth game (because I've lost faith in him being one of the four DLC picks).
If 101 shows up on Tuesday along with Astral Chain and maybe Bayo 3, I will lose it.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I wonder, what could you do with a sequel in terms of scope? Thinking about it feels like imagining a Gurren Lagann sequel, I just can't see a logical next step unless it's a rethread of sorts.
Kid Icarus Uprising had this problem too, where they did so much with the story and setting for just one game.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's not a straight port since they would have to tweak a few things.

It's not exactly a type of game like Mario Maker 2 or Splatoon 2 where they could keep a lot of the same content but add some more stuff and it'd be a sequel, but I wonder if they can call it like "W101 Remix" or something like that where it's somewhere between a "remaster" and a new game. Maybe add some new modes, new heroes, and new levels?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cool. I own it on the wii U but never actually played it. Might play it on switch though.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What on earth are you doing bro? Don't bump threads like this for things like that.

P.S. You're in for a treat.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah. And if they get another game, I could really see a potential Smash rep if they do a fighter's pass 2.

Apr 21, 2018
I can see it being announced this fall and released in Q1 next year.

Hoping it can sell over 250k. I'll double dip if they remaster the controls. Great game, but I don't think I can do it again with some significant QOL updates.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I hope I'm also right to be patient with Xenoblade X.

These Wii U masterpieces can't stay in the Wii U graveyard.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lets not bump old threads when no new news is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.