• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
Looks neat, interested to see how that combat controls with those summons fighting with you.

Guess I have another reason to pull out the Switch this year.

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
W3u9gc2RmY_sJpHFQcadivJbpgoT3FqA.jpg

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This one is hype! More PlatinumGames goodness is always a good thing.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I really thought this was a Monolith Soft game, one of my favorite game developers, but I still think it looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of this game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Inflammatory generalization
Finally got to watch the trailer instead of still screenshots now that I'm out of work.

They really couldn't give the female lead pants, huh? Always gotta have hot pants and a fucking thigh gap, eh Japan? Even on a police officer? So sick of this shit.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Same. Cops aren't great protagonists if I have to think about the police seriously for even a second. Also... the game isn't really cyberpunk if you're playing as the POLICE.

But I can bracket some of that if the art and gameplay are good enough.
80's sci-fi cops from Japan are fucking dope.

EDIT: Obviously this isn't 80's, but reminds me of those anime from back then.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't remember the last time I had a trailer on repeat for the music but here we are.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully you can get different suits, I'm not really a fan of the metal chest with the word police, other than that looked dope.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to watch the trailer instead of still screenshots now that I'm out of work.

They really couldn't give the female lead pants, huh? Always gotta have hot pants and a fucking thigh gap, eh Japan? Even on a police officer? So sick of this shit.
It's not like cops dont wear shorts...
3f1195d86547fced94885db14af8357e

Like sure. The thigh high boots are a little anime overkill but if we're talking offensive sexualised designs I think cop uniform with thigh high socks and shorts is on the lower end. It's basically the same look but with shorts. No crazy bust or ass. no thong, not bikini battling, no cleavage window. The NPC girl cop has pants, even.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Platinum Games at it again. Astral Chain looks crazy good. At first I thought this has some Xeno vibes. Day one for me.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah that's pretty weird. She's wearing body armour, but doesn't care about her exposed femoral artery.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Same. Cops aren't great protagonists if I have to think about the police seriously for even a second. Also... the game isn't really cyberpunk if you're playing as the POLICE.

But I can bracket some of that if the art and gameplay are good enough.

Taura worked on NieR Automata. It's very likely that the police are the bad guys, or some kind of twist like that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's pretty weird. She's wearing body armour, but doesn't care about her exposed femoral artery.

Seriously. I don't understand why they even have her in armor at all if she's going to leave two of her most critical weak points that exposed. One solid strike to the femoral artery and she'll bleed out in the goddamn street.

It's not even sexy, it's just...utterly transparent pandering at this point. "Gotta have our zettai ryouiki!"

Kamiya will literally block you for praising his games lol

Kamiya is a gigantic asshole and I don't know why people put up with him.