• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Ohhhhh shit nvm i figured it out.

4 leaf clover

Platinums new wing will be called Clover Studios.

Screenshot this.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
that's not a 4.

Super-smash-Bros-Ultimate-Switch-hub.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting.
1.The logo on the website glitches out from time to time, very reminiscent of NieR Automata.
2. Sometimes the 4 does a barrel roll, so Star Fox (Zero).

PG wouldn't tease a Square Enix or Nintendo game.

This is most likely about their upcoming first self-published games.

Either it's 4 brand new game announcements, or 4 remasters if TW101 is one of this.

Also, Bayo and Vanquish 10TH anniversary remaster bundle was already announced for release later this month, now there's rumblings about TW101 being out for current consoles, makes me believe that these four games might be remasters.

Can't guess the 4th game, but I'll be very surprised if Nintendo lets go of Bayo 2.

That Bayo/Vanquish bundle is a SEGA release though.

And why would Nintendo let go of B2 ? :D

Bayonetta is only Nintendo for 2 and 3, and even then not only Nintendo but also Sega. Never forget Sega owns Bayonetta the IP, Nintendo only half owns the rights for the actual games 2 and 3.

Pretty sure B3 is all Nintendo. B2 is co-owned as both funded that game.

Last edited:

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Theory:

Tomorrow it changes to a 3. Then a 2, then a 1....and Friday is a Nintendo Direct with Bayo 3 info....

May 21, 2018
I mean, if you want to get really technical about it, that entire ordeal was basically a "Platinum Five".

MadWorld, Vanquish, Infinite Space and Bayonetta were all part of the deal they signed with Sega, which they extended to five with Anarchy Reigns because Sega were really happy with the collaboration.

Hell, Infinite Space even mirrors Capcom Five's Killer7 in that it wasn't technically "developed" entirely by Platinum!

Someone may need to do a proper translation, but I believe Platinum did use the "Platinum Three" name themselves.

Translated, that says Madworld, Bayo, and Infinite (Space) yeah.

Point still stands that Anarchy wasn't one of the three (as stated incorrectly on Reddit)... however, we stand corrected on Vanquish not being one of those three either.

In the end, it all brings to mind how most of the games either underperformed or outright bombed ._.

I did my part though.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I am with other people that I feel the weird things the site does if you sit on it for a while may mean something.

I'm not going to read two deep into it, but the glitch effect that occasionally happens does look like NieR Automata's, and the way the four spins does look like the 4 is doing a barrel roll. That could literally mean they're porting NieR Automata and Star Fox Zero to things, or it could mean something else.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I am with other people that I feel the weird things the site does if you sit on it for a while may mean something.

I'm not going to read two deep into it, but the glitch effect that occasionally happens does look like NieR Automata's, and the way the four spins does look like the 4 is doing a barrel roll. That could literally mean they're porting NieR Automata and Star Fox Zero to things, or it could mean something else.

Drakengard 3 tied into Nier's plot as well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all the effects might just be a "remember all the cool games we made? give us money and we'll make more!"

May 21, 2018

I'm not going to read two deep into it, but the glitch effect that occasionally happens does look like NieR Automata's, and the way the four spins does look like the 4 is doing a barrel roll...

Totally agree with you. That barrel roll in particular is rather suspicious.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018
PlatinumGames brings to you the chance of contributing into the development of these 4 fully-owned fully-original brand NEW PG Projects:

1. Watchful Josh
2. Musketeera
3. Divine Leg
4. Kanino

As a personal contibution goal, every person who donates at least $60 will be getting a copy of The Wonderful 101 instantly for their platform of choice(PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC*... Wii U).

If you donate at least $30, you'll get a lifetime unblock license from Hideki Kamiya. He'll call you "little insect" as an alternative, if you are into that.

Coming to Kickstarter.

*Advertised as Steam copy unless... you know

Actually, if there's a thing I like about HIdeki Kamiya is how he usually tries new genres from game to game. I think these will be 4 new IP projects, or 3 + TW101

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum bought Star Fox

Cause god knows Nintendo doesn't know what the fuck to do with it

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
PlatinumGames brings to you the chance of contributing into the development of these 4 fully-owned fully-original brand NEW PG Projects:

1. Watchful Josh
2. Musketeera
3. Divine Leg
4. Kanino

As a personal contibution goal, every person who donates at least $60 will be getting a copy of The Wonderful 101 instantly for their platform of choice(PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC*... Wii U).

If you donate at least $30, you'll get a lifetime unblock license from Hideki Kamiya. He'll call you "little insect" as an alternative, if you are into that.

Coming to Kickstarter.

*Advertised as Steam copy unless... you know

Actually, if there's a thing I like about HIdeki Kamiya is how he usually tries new genres from game to game. I think these will be 4 new IP projects, or 3 + TW101
Platinum first person combat game???

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Would it really make sense to announce 4 new things at once though... Seems weird

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
A teaser for a kickstarter will rub some the wrong way if this is related to the 101 stuff.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
I've just been waiting for the next Kamiya game. If this is actually a tease for multiple, smaller-scale projects, there's no way one of them isn't a new Kamiya title, right? Even if it's "just" Viewtiful Joe-scaled, I'd be really excited.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Man imagine if Platinum were working with Capcom to remaster the Clover games not available on current platforms. Viewtiful Joe and GOD HAND.

Dec 23, 2017
After staring at the 4 for awhile, it glitches out in different ways but it happens so fast I can't tell if the glitches form something.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I've just been waiting for the next Kamiya game. If this is actually a tease for multiple, smaller-scale projects, there's no way one of them isn't a new Kamiya title, right? Even if it's "just" Viewtiful Joe-scaled, I'd be really excited.
Yeah, one of the 2 original P* games Inaba has talked about for months/years is Kamiya's current project.