• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Seriously hoping something happens, I've played Bayo 2 on Wii U, I wouldn't double dip the switch version but would most certainly buy it again on ps4. I don't know the specifics but if this new funding Platinum has can fund ps4/xb1/pc versions of B3 that would fill me with such joy!

You can check two pages back instead of bringing back the same discussion that this thread has already adressed several times.

Or, you can wait for your Breath of the Wild port on PS4 too... I'm saving space on my Switch for that Bloodborne port that's coming.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to see Bayonetta 2 on PS4, and then an announcement that B3 has shifted development to multiplat with PS4 and XB1 in mind too.
I think that's a bit much, but I won't be surprised if Bayonetta 2 Remastered is a thing. Sega has shown a willingness to milk the franchise and Nintendo has signaled their willingness to allow for ports of their games developed by PG (at least those not based on classic Nintendo franchises, since I think PG developed a Star Fox game at some point).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering MLB I'm hoping the rumoured San Diego developed Uncharted game is now multiplatform with Switch and Xbox. It's definitely possible right?🤡

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can check two pages back instead of bringing back the same discussion that this thread has already adressed several times.

Or, you can wait for your Breath of the Wild port on PS4 too... I'm saving space on my Switch for that Bloodborne port that's coming.

lmfao no need for that... have played the shit out of both of those titles already. My sentiment for wanting Bayo 3 multiple is for platinum to have more to work with in terms of scale rather than just focusing on switch, either way its whatever tho

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
This port begging in the face of all logic and business sense...you gotta love it.

Somehow port begging is not only allowed on Era now, but it's trendy.

I would go for the most improbable one EVER. Let's bring Smash Ultimate with all those crazy number of licenses... to Google Stadia (because why not). If we deeply believe on it maybe it happens, right?

Also, Mario Kart appeared one time in Google Maps, right? It happened before.

Esnaibus

Jan 8, 2020
I want a Kickstarter to bring NieR:Automata to Nintendo Switch. Well... I expect something similar.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
lmfao no need for that... have played the shit out of both of those titles already. My sentiment for wanting Bayo 3 multiple is for platinum to have more to work with in terms of scale rather than just focusing on switch, either way its whatever tho

Do you believe, for one second, that Nintendo is going to pay THE FULL DEVELOPMENT of Bayonetta 3 to appear on PS4 and Xbox?

The Platinum funding doesn't matter at all here. The game has been fully paid by Nintendo. You can't take a game produced by a company and launch it on its competitor systems without the authorization of that company, nor do a port by youself without their authorization. Business wise doesn't make any sense. It's easy to understand why.

Again: Bayonetta situation by Kamiya himself

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's a bit much, but I won't be surprised if Bayonetta 2 Remastered is a thing. Sega has shown a willingness to milk the franchise and Nintendo has signaled their willingness to allow for ports of their games developed by PG (at least those not based on classic Nintendo franchises, since I think PG developed a Star Fox game at some point).
They showed willingness for one game they obviously weren't doing anything with.

Obviously one instance makes a pattern and they're gonna port everything now.

Sega sure was willing to milk the franchise which is why Nintendo had to foot the bill for two sequels.

Oct 27, 2017
PS/Xbox people asking for Bayonetta 2, Switch people asking for Persona 5, PC people wanting Bloodborne...port begging is just a fact of life lol. That said, the entire premise of the thread is that a Nintendo first party game is now being funded for other platforms via KS. Not a whole lot of precedent for that, so it's not unreasonable for people to speculate if something similar could happen to a game that was under similar(ish) circumstances like Bayo 2.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
PS/Xbox people asking for Bayonetta 2, Switch people asking for Persona 5, PC people wanting Bloodborne...port begging is just a fact of life lol. That said, the entire premise of the thread is that a Nintendo first party game is now being funded for other platforms via KS. Not a whole lot of precedent for that, so it's not unreasonable for people to speculate if something similar could happen to a game that was under similar(ish) circumstances like Bayo 2.

It's only not unreasonable if you're willingly ignore an official communication from the dev via Twitter, an interview with said devs about the current situation about W101, the situations around the games in talk regarding success, currently available ports and actual ownership.

So ... to me it looks very unreasonable.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I can't complain about port begging because I've been complaining about the lack of a Vanquish Switch port since December lol

Oct 27, 2017
It's only not unreasonable if you're willingly ignore an official communication from the dev via Twitter, an interview with said devs about the current situation about W101, the situations around the games in talk regarding success, currently available ports and actual ownership.

I'm sure people would have thought it unreasonable a month ago for W101 to be coming to PC/PS4 considering it was built from the ground up as a new IP for Nintendo but here we are lol. I'm not saying Bayo 2 coming to other platforms is likely, in fact it's highly unlikely, but I can't fault people for speculating when all of this is new ground.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, people are welcome to feign surprise if B2R happens, but pretending it's a situation entirely different from TW101R is naive at best.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, people are welcome to feign surprise if B2R happens, but pretending it's a situation entirely different from TW101R is naive at best.
You mean besides Nintendo clearly actually giving a shit about the Bayonetta IP, having an official port without Kickstarter, having the main character in Smash, and funding another sequel.

But yeah other then that the situation is identical.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

That would be too much work to do before opening your mouth.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure people would have thought it unreasonable a month ago for W101 to be coming to PC/PS4 considering it was built from the ground up as a new IP for Nintendo but here we are lol. I'm not saying Bayo 2 coming to other platforms is likely, in fact it's highly unlikely, but I can't fault people for speculating when all of this is new ground.

Yeah, here we are. In a situation that even P* themselves consider, i quote, "an exclusive siutation". Actually, Nintendo selling off a half-owned IP isn't a too unreasonable thought, neither is Nintendo allowing/being fine with a PC port for stuff they've had a hand in. So honestly, the only surprise here is Nintendo keeping the IP and allowing the PS4 port.

Still, this doesn't change the fact that you need a really remarkable amount of mental gymsnatics or ignorance to the situation and available information, to think for yourself "Yeah, this is possible now!".

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I thought that port-begging was not allowed here.
It is not allowed

Resetera said:
Avoid Port-Begging

Whenever there is a new and popular third-party game there will usually be 'begging' for ports to other platforms; this trend is repetitive, low on substance, and often an impediment to better discussion. It can often be seen in replies to existing threads, and sometimes even in the creation of new threads. It is not always easy to determine where the line is between harmless speculation and actionable port-begging, but the latter generally refers to comments that are disruptive to an existing discussion, fuel for console wars, or completely without substantive basis. Please do not make such posts or threads. If no platforms have announced for a game, speculation about potential platforms is acceptable.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that port-begging was not allowed here.

Well, it feels like anything can happen now with MS releasing their games on Switch. Sony releasing games on all platforms and Nintendo allowing Platinum to kick start wonderful 101.

Won't even be surprised to find out that the next character reveal for Smash to be kratos from God Of war wearing Master Chief's amour with 30 songs selections from other IPS owned by Sony and Microsoft now.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can they somehow revive Viewtiful Joe
Sounds very reasonable as well, should PG pursue it.
Well, it feels like anything can happen now with MS releasing their games on Switch. Sony releasing games on all platforms and Nintendo allowing Platinum to kick start wonderful 101.

Won't even be surprised to find out that the next character reveal for Smash to be kratos from God Of war wearing Master Chief's amour with 30 songs selections from other IPS owned by Sony and Microsoft now.
Per PG, they were already in talks to do this 101 port even before the Tencent funding. With the money from this investment, they could be seeking to further control their IP, maybe even acquiring it back from the publishers (in the case of IP they oversaw the creation of, of course, so this wouldn't affect stuff like MGR or Nier).

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't think Bayonetta 2 and 3 will go multiplat, I find immediately overdefensive jumping on anyone suggesting this kinda transparently fanboyish.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
While I don't think Bayonetta 2 and 3 will go multiplat, I find immediately overdefensive jumping on anyone suggesting this kinda fanboyish.
I kinda just hope that Platinum steps in to specify that the 4 projects in question are self-published efforts, and thus not gonna be concerned with ports of their most successful games.

Given the recent blurring of lines when it comes to exclusives, this is a discussion that I feel deserves its place. But not here, since in the end we'll probably end up with some brand new IPs and half the people will be disappointed because it's not more Bayonetta or Nier news.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda just hope that Platinum steps in to specify that the 4 projects in question are self-published efforts, and thus not gonna be concerned with ports of their most successful games.

Given the recent blurring of lines when it comes to exclusives, this is a discussion that I feel deserves its place. But not here, since in the end we'll probably end up with some brand new IPs and half the people will be disappointed because it's not more Bayonetta or Nier news.
I would wager that a new game announcement could gather even more attention than a remaster, honestly. Of course, it depends on what the new game looks like, what genre it belongs to, how it is revealed and so on. Their last original game kinda came and went, though, in regards to the buzz it garnered.

Oct 24, 2019
I can't wait to play God of War on my Switch. And if you use reasonable points to shoot down my dreams, you're a fanboy.

God of War is developed by a studio that Sony owns though, so your analogy is useless.

It's more similar to Cuphead or Ori. Yes Microsoft helped fund them (despite not owning the developers) and thus they were exclusive for a while, but eventually they got opened up to new systems

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God of War is developed by a studio that Sony owns though, so your analogy is useless.

It's more similar to Cuphead or Ori. Yes Microsoft helped fund them (despite not owning the developers) and thus they were exclusive for a while, but eventually they got opened up to new systems
Ori works. Cuphead doesn't. MS helped with funding, but Studio MDHR published it themselves on every platform.

And Ori on Switch is part of a longterm strategy by Xbox to expand platform reach. Nintendo has made no indication of such a strategy, outside of exclusive mobile software.

In conclusion, I can't wait to play Bloodborne on my Switch

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Bayonetta 2 was co-developped with the Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 1 equivalent from EAD

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
So was TW101, AFAIK.

And Nintendo is supporting the multi-platform release of TW101. So, unless both SEGA and Nintendo support a multi-platform release of B2/B3... It won't happen ! :D

Technically they are right, whereas Bayonetta 2 is © Nintendo, Bayo3 is © SEGA on Platinum website
www.platinumgames.com

BAYONETTA 3 | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite

The official website of PlatinumGames Inc., developer of NieR:Automata, the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN and more! We develop games of a wide range of genres, from the Japanese fantastical combat of World of Demons to the free-form of shooting SOL CRESTA.

But considering how early in development Bayo 3 is (or at least was when they put online the website), I wouldn't read too much into it.

I mean, I certainly hope that no one will be trying to use that website as some kind of "source" in the future when the vice-president of the studio behind that website said that it was decided from the very beginning that Nintendo would fully fund B3 (which wasn't the case for B2).

What I said is accurate: it's a Nintendo-published game, but Nintendo doesn't own the game. The legal info on Platinum's website and in the teaser trailer explicitly states Sega is the sole copyright claimant.

I think you're reading a little too much into that website. Like I said earlier, B2 wasn't fully funded by Nintendo while B3 is so... Most likely an error.

And from what we know, it's both funded and published by Nintendo.

Hope one of these is Platinum and Fuzz redoing Matsuno's Lost Order as a console game.

I'd like that !

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
User banned (5 days): Hostility, trolling

Persona is a Atlus IP. The job of Atlus is to sell their games, not to sell PlayStations.

Nintendo is investing money in Bayonetta. Nintendos job is to sell Nintendo hardware.

You can get Bloodborne trough PS Now. Never got that rumor.

This shit is rather easy to comprehend, but since this is the Trump era, I shouldn't be surprised.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

I expect the other 3 announcements will be new and probably smaller scale stuff.

I can't wait to play God of War on my Switch. And if you use reasonable points to shoot down my dreams, you're a fanboy.

It's less the actual likelyhood, of it happening, and more that the eagernesse to defend exclusives comes off as being fueled by being too invested in a specific platform. It's the same vibes i got in those Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC threads or similar threads in the past where people see exclusives going multplat as some sort of L for their team and not as an objectively good thing for everyone.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Not waging into the port discussion lol
I would think all four projects would have to be really noteworthy to reveal this way. TW101 remaster is very noteworth, but the only other port/remaster I could think of that would generate as much buzz and is actually even somewhat feasible would be Viewtiful Joe, since I could see Capcom letting platinum work on it since they aren't doing anything with it.
Other than that, I expect the rest to be new projects.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I wonder if PlatinumGames was able to acquire the God Hand IP from Capcom? Cause if so, I can see them wanting to Kickstart a remaster for it to see if there's still enough demand to turn a profit?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
So I haven't really read through the thread but do we have any clue when they are revealing the next thing or is it just going to be an out of the blue kind of thing?