• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if they're ports or new games

really the only thing left to port would be Nintendo and Sega games, which I doubt will happen

Oct 31, 2017
Assuming there will be 3 more ports/remasters, I wonder what they could be? We know Vanquish, Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101 are coming, so maybe Bayonetta 2, Madworld, and Revengeance for the other 3?

B2 > Nintendo
Madworld > SEGA
MGR > Konami

Unlikely unless some deals were made.

Just curious, do you know why Bayo 1 was eventually allowed on other platforms, but Bayo 2 hasn't been? Wondering if that exclusivity deal expires at some point

That's a SEGA game.

Feb 5, 2018
How much do you think is left for the other three reveals?
In a dream world:

- Metal Gear Rising Revengence 2 (Konami; Multi-platform).
- Scalebound gets revived (Microsoft sold rights to Platinum)
- New IP

We already know Bayo 3 and Babylon Falls are coming, and I'm not entirely sure the next Nier would be revealed by Platinum over Square wanting to drop it themselves. I can see Konami letting Platinum announce MGR2 (please, do MGR2)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I doubt Konami would allow it, but man, I want one of these announcement to be Metal Gear Rising being brought to PS4.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So yeah, 100% confirmed now this is 4 different announcements. Wonderful 101 Kickstarter is the first of four.

bb24af21024e925535008231601509e3.png
Wonder how soon.
Is it safe to assume this will be 4 games published by Platinum!
I don't think so

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
In a dream world:

- Metal Gear Rising Revengence 2 (Konami; Multi-platform).
- Scalebound gets revived (Microsoft sold rights to Platinum)
- New IP

We already know Bayo 3 and Babylon Falls are coming, and I'm not entirely sure the next Nier would be revealed by Platinum over Square wanting to drop it themselves. I can see Konami letting Platinum announce MGR2 (please, do MGR2)
I have expressed myself badly, sorry, English is not my first language.

How long do you think there is until they announce everything?

Oct 31, 2017
The self-published titles will probably be small in scale so that they don't take away resources from the large productions.

Pretty sure they already confirmed this in one of those interviews.

Yeah, I don't expect it to be part of this series of announcements, but with anything Kamiya I always have Joe on my mind.

I edited my post afterwards but ultimately, if they stroke a deal with Capcom, they would make a Collection first. There are millions of players that don't know that series after all !

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I feel its going to be all new ips and maybe a port of something like Mad World

I feel that if any of them were Bayo related, everyone and their mother would have already leaked it

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
At least one of these I will bet is a new IP. Atsushi had confirmed in 2019 that they were working on two new IPs, I feel like at least one of them have to be revealed in this batch.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I assume these are all ports. What could the other 3 be?

Nier to Switch/ps4/x1 maybe?

I have no idea what games they have copyrights to.

May 21, 2018
Apparently, the reason this happened with TW101 the way it did is because P* actually co-owned the IP already (with Nintendo).

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Feb 5, 2018
Yeah that's fair. Though Vanquish, Bayonetta, and now W101 are all coming in very close proximity of each other, so who knows
Thats not part of the announcement though and Sega is in charge of that rerelease.
I assume these are all ports. What could the other 3 be?

Nier to Switch/ps4/x1 maybe?

I have no idea what games they have copyrights to.

They have no publishing rights to any of their games save for W101 it seems.

Square owns Nier and Babylon. Nintendo owns Astral Chain and Bayonetta 2 and 3. Sega owns their first 4 IPs. Konami owns Metal Gear.

This is why i doubt we will get additional ports. Now i can see new announcements related to the above, provided the publishers approved it.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
"Now, with the support of Nintendo, we have been given the opportunity to bring this game to the Nintendo Switch and other platforms as well!"

Sounds like Nintendo gave them the "go ahead" sign ! So yeah, it sounds like this is close to the SEGA/Shenmue 3 situation.

I'll back a physical copy but I'd like a physical tier game + full OST and it doesn't seem like there's one (yet) !
I'm glad this is the case, if money was involved to buy back the IP or license it from Nintendo I would have side eyed Nintendo hard.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I do not see impossible that there are other ports. Maybe SEGA has done like Nintendo and said "You can port Vanquish to Switch if you pay."

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
NieR Gestalt/Replicant Remake that includes an English version of Replicant, Drakengard 1 & 3 Remaster and Drakengard 4, baby!

Nah, seriously though, I'd kill for anything Drakenier.

Oct 31, 2017
I doubt they are just ports. They only can port W101 because they own publishing rights, either alongside Nintendo or got the rights from them.

"Now, with the support of Nintendo, we have been given the opportunity to bring this game to the Nintendo Switch and other platforms as well!"

Sounds like Nintendo gave them the "go ahead" sign ! So yeah, it sounds like this is close to the SEGA/Shenmue 3 situation.

I'll back a physical copy but I'd like a physical tier game + full OST and it doesn't seem like there's one (yet) !

I played the demo on Wii U and wasn't in love with the gameplay at the time. I'd rather just wait, and if I really enjoy the game I'll pay full price for whatever DLC they put out. It's pretty rare that buy DLC anyway

As someone who loves the game, that demo was pretty bad as you need like 3 chapters before "getting it". The learning curve is pretty steep but when it clicks, son... Oh boy ! :D

Feb 5, 2018
That honestly supports my argument even more lol. Its only due to Nintendo's generosity that they could do that.

I doubt the rest of the announcements will be ports as a result.

NieR Gestalt/Replicant Remake that includes an English version of Replicant, Drakengard 1 & 3 Remaster and Drakengard 4, baby!

Literally none of that is platinumgames.....

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loves the game, that demo was pretty bad as you need like 3 chapters before "getting it". The learning curve is pretty steep but when it clicks, son... Oh boy ! :D

I've still got time to convince myself before the kickstarter ends :) Who knows, could be some post-PS4 stretch goal game addition that convinces me.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX

I feel like when Square is ready to show what's next for Nier, they're going to want the spot light to be very much on themselves and on Yoko Taro, more than letting it be part of a spotlight on Platinum. They're not going to want people thinking of what has suddenly become one of their more valuable IPs as a Platinum game rather than a Square game.

I'd guess this is new IP stuff being done at a smaller scale, since so much staff probably is on Bayonetta and on some future Nier thing, remaining projects are probably smaller.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
So a new Infinite Space will be one of the Platinum 4, right? Right?

It's certainly an interesting way to build up hype, with the throwback to the "Capcom 5" and all. Hope we hear about the rest of them soon...