• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
fH7PnmX.jpg

Jodeki Kamijo was just a mild mannered 18 year old 6'5" bodybuilder until one day...
I'ld totally buy a Jojo game with Kamiya as protagonist

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I don't think Platinum is nearly as important to Nier as you might believe. All they did was take the preexisting framework for the first game and staple a mediocre, stripped-down version of Bayonetta's combat mechanics onto it.

Basically everything people love about Nier Automata was already there in the first game. Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito can make one of them anywhere.
Nah I get that. But the masses association with the NieR brand I think would mostly land on Platinum rather than SE seeing as Automata sold something like 5 times as many copies as the original did. I played the first close to release and I know that my brain generally lands on Platinum before SE despite knowing better.

May 21, 2018
It would if they plan to release 4 games this year and one of them is a nier game which with a W101 port it could be and would make 4 games they could release this year

Highly unlikely that they'll be releasing four games within a single year. For all we know, the "4" could actually mean Feb 4th on Japan's time schedule (and this is just a single game announcement).

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we won't get four games with the same slowmo dodge gameplay Platinum loves so much.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Seems to be showing an homage and montage of history towards their previous games. Platinum logo changes if you stay on the screen. One time it's the NieR glitch-screen, the other is the barrel roll from Star Fox, and so on. My guess is it's just showing their legacy and history while looking forward at what's coming in the future, including the return of W101 on multiple platforms.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I expect these to deviate at least slightly from the usual Platinum beat 'em up gameplay. Probably a couple will be in genres we haven't seen Platinum tackle yet.

None of the big sites have reported on this tease. They probably already have marketing material on what these games are.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't think Platinum is nearly as important to Nier as you might believe. All they did was take the preexisting framework for the first game and staple a mediocre, stripped-down version of Bayonetta's combat mechanics onto it.

Basically everything people love about Nier Automata was already there in the first game. Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito can make one of them anywhere.

This is complete and utter nonsense.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
This is complete and utter nonsense.
It's really not. The story telling elements people praise in Automata were largely present in the original Nier and Drakengard 1/3. It's just that more people finally started paying attention to the franchise because:

1. Platinum logo
2. Muh butt, muh boobies
3. A (relatively) big marketing push from Square

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's really not. The story telling elements people praise in Automata were largely present in the original Nier and Drakengard 1/3. It's just that more people finally started paying attention to the franchise because:

1. Platinum logo
2. Muh butt, muh boobies
3. A (relatively) big marketing push from Square

"Platinium logo."

You mean, faith that the gameplay would be great?

"Muh butt, muh boobies."

... Uh, right. Great argument you're putting up here.

Downplaying Platinum's involvement in what made Automata as fantastic as it was is absolutely ridiculous. Of course, this was already covered by numerous replies to yet another bad PlanetSmasher post on the last page.

this is incredibly unfair and basically minimises the massive role that an entire dev team played in developing that game in favour of auteur theory. a game is more than writing.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, 100% confirmed now this is 4 different announcements. Wonderful 101 Kickstarter is the first of four.

bb24af21024e925535008231601509e3.png

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The Steam goal seems certain. We might make it to $500K. Does Platinum really need that much to port the game to those platforms?