• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
If (and this is a big if) it's tied to a potential Direct, then it could be Bayonetta 3. I've been assuming these are all self-published though, but you never know. The difference in dates is intriguing.
I would say too that these 4 titles will be self-pulbished and also new announcements, so anything related to Bayonetta seems very unlikely to me

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Did some very quick testing, the location doesn't seem to change the date on the website.

Accessing the website from Europe (ENG website) 26.02
Accessing the website from Europe (JPN website) 27.02
Accessing the website from Japan (ENG website) 26.02
Accessing the website from Japan (JPN website) 27.02

So it's just a different image loaded based on the website language you select.
That makes more sense.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, the 4 are described as "new challenges" for Platinum. I don't think that has to mean only self published, maybe challenges from a game design perspective too.

I can easily see a "new challenge" being Bayo 3 considering they've said they want it to be a turning point for their studio, right?

May 21, 2018
What makes it seem that way unless I missed a leak or something

Just looking at the calendar, is all. Nothing concrete, but those dates coincide with an upcoming Direct.

Of course this may not even mean anything.

FWIW, the 4 are described as "new challenges" for Platinum. I don't think that has to mean only self published, maybe challenges from a game design perspective too.

I can easily see a "new challenge" being Bayo 3 considering they've said they want it to be a turning point for their studio, right?

I truly, truly hope the remaining three are all new IPs. The world needs more of P*'s originality.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at the calendar, is all. Nothing concrete, but those dates coincide with an upcoming Direct.

Of course this may not even mean anything.

I truly, truly hope the remaining three are all new IPs. The world needs more of P*'s originality.
But we also don't need P* working on like 5+ new games at once. Bayo 3 has been announced since 2017, it's time to show it :/

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Good point. A few rumors had lead me to believe there would be a direct on the next Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see what happens.

Are any of you expecting this game to 'not' be on the Switch? 🤔
Yes, because I'm expecting it to be a mobile title

/s

(Honestly, I got nothing against the Switch. As long as all games release everywhere, and don't skip PC, I'm all for it.)

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
The ending of the new Mega64 video, it's tie into the Wonderful 101 Kickstarter, the Platinum announcement for the 27th, Kamiya/ Platinum holding a panel at PAX East on the 29th (and Mega64 is going to PAX as usual) all has me wondering what's being announced next week.

A new Kamiya game?

May 21, 2018
But we also don't need P* working on like 5+ new games at once. Bayo 3 has been announced since 2017, it's time to show it :/

I see what you mean, but none of their new projects would hinder B3. They were confirmed by Inaba to be AA-tier and self-published. B3 is a golden goose AAA level project funded by a platform holder -- that will have all the resources and time that it needs. Our Umbra Witch will continue to dance in style, Phendrift.🙂

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The ending of the new Mega64 video, it's tie into the Wonderful 101 Kickstarter, the Platinum announcement for the 27th, Kamiya/ Platinum holding a panel at PAX East on the 29th (and Mega64 is going to PAX as usual) all has me wondering what's being announced next week.

A new Kamiya game?
Honestly I'm guessing it's a new Kamiya game. It's been directly said before Platinum has two new IPs in the work within the last couple years, I feel one of these is going to be revealed as this Platinum 4 thing. I've noticed they've been specifically shining a lot of light on Kamiya with the Wonderful 101 Kickstarter and things, I do take Kamiya flying to see Mega64 as a sign they may be at their PAX panel which is two days after this reveal. I imagine he'd go there to talk about a new game if he was directing it.

So my honest guess is this next reveal is a new IP directed by Kamiya.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Honestly I'm guessing it's a new Kamiya game. It's been directly said before Platinum has two new IPs in the work within the last couple years, I feel one of these is going to be revealed as this Platinum 4 thing. I've noticed they've been specifically shining a lot of light on Kamiya with the Wonderful 101 Kickstarter and things, I do take Kamiya flying to see Mega64 as a sign they may be at their PAX panel which is two days after this reveal. I imagine he'd go there to talk about a new game if he was directing it.

I hope it's Kamiya's next game. If it is then that means it's probably a fairly big project.

May 21, 2018

A torrent of excitement came over me by the time I got to your last sentence. Would be awesome if this turns out to be the case. Everything you said lines up perfectly.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States

Hype induced.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
God, the prospect of a new Kamiya game is so exciting to me. You never know what to expect with him.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017

I hope so. Kamiya is one of my favorite directors and the cancelation of Scalebound ranks up there with Mega Man Legends 3's in personal disappointments.

My collection of games he designed, wrote or directed (disregard Okamiden). I want to add Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble and the Switch port of the Wonderful 101 to it-
kamiya.png

okami_coll_2.jpg

darz1

Dec 18, 2017

I hope so, but them shining light on Kamiya with W101 isn't surprising, that game is his baby, even more so than Bayo, he threw his all into that game. The Iwata Talks with Kamiya about W101 showed how personal that particular game is to Kamiya. I mean he is literally in the game.

Oct 31, 2017

My guess for quite some time now has been Platinum Man by Kamiya so we'll see soon enough ! :D

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017

I would love this to be true, but didn't he take on a different role within the company? Not that that would preclude him from directing his own game but I thought he Kinda moved up the ladder and would only be overseeing things kind of like Mikami.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
With the reveal of #2 only a day away I was expecting this thread to filled with more hype and speculation!

It has to be something on the same level as or higher than the Wonderful 101 Remaster, right?

I'm guessing for the next three:
- another surprise remaster (MGRising)
- exciting sequel (Astral Chain or Neir)
- Bayonetta 3 re-reveal with a proper trailer

Avada Kedavra

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
With the reveal of #2 only a day away I was expecting this thread to filled with more hype and speculation!

It has to be something on the same level as or higher than the Wonderful 101 Remaster, right?

About a year ago it was announced that Platinum was working on two new IPs which should be self-published and probably of AA size. That's likely what will be announced in Famitsu.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
They're just telling you to look at the stars on the website as one of them shows the date for the next reveal, there is no hint here.

About a year ago it was announced that Platinum was working on two new IPs which should be self-published and probably of AA size. That's likely what will be announced in Famitsu.
2 years ago they already mentioned those projects. And yeah they're definitely not teasing anything Bayonetta related or any game owned or published by other companies with this Platinum4 site.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm guessing it's none of those.

Considering they've said that they more often want to self-publish and are working on two original games that they own the IP of, it seems likely that all of these announcements are games they're putting out on their own.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The new challanges makes me think it's not all new IPs but just things they have never done before, so I can see sequels from other publishers being part of this project.

My 2 cents are on 2 new mid budget new IPs (one directed by Kamiya) and Bayonetta 3. I think Nier is gonna be in house at Square, Capcom doesn't care about Okami and Konami is done with MGS. Also Astral Chain sequel was probably already greenlit considering how well it sold but it's way too soon to talk about it.

It is not going to be anything another company has a hand in (nier, astral chain, bayonetta 3 and mgr)

Their first project was literally a Nintendo IP.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
People here still don't get that it's not up to Platinum to reveal sequels or games developed by them but not owned or distributed by them. No Bayonetta, Astral Chain, Nier, Metal Gear Rising, etc

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
People here still don't get that it's not up to Platinum to reveal sequels or games developed by them but not owned or distributed by them. No Bayonetta, Astral Chain, Nier, Metal Gear Rising, etc

For all we know Bayonetta 3 can be revealed in the next Direct and then added to the list. There is no need for it to be revealed by Platinum.

Still, my guess is a mobile game next. If it was something interesting or console related I think we would have got insiders hinting at it already like we got for TW101.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it was a Shenmue 3 type of situation. Like if they got the rights and go ahead to make a Viewtiful Joe 3 while Capcom was hands off and not funding it.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
And Nintendo isn't publishing it. Platinum's doing the Wonderful 101 remaster on their own, all Nintendo did was give them permission to do so.

It's still a game Nintendo has a hand in, being their game.

I just can't see it being 4 new projects. That's definitely too much work for Platinum.

Bayonetta 3
Babylon's Fall
TW101 remaster
3 new IP
A almost sure Astral Chain sequel

That's 7 projects in development at the same time, 8 if they also got the Nier: Automata sequel.

Last edited: