• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
MGR 2 would be amazing, but Konami....

maybe we'll get a port to current gen, including switch but I already own it on PC. Senator armstrong is more relevant than ever Lol

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Until proven otherwise I still believe the next 3 announcements will be for brand new games that PG will self publish, I doubt they're gonna use that Tencent money in an attempt to buy IPs they've worked on previously as it wouldn't bring them any significant revenue in the short term.
I also don't understand the point in them revealing games they're already known to work own and they don't own. Platinum 4 seems like a very "personal" initiative if that makes sense.
Maybe they'll revive that old mobile game (World of Demons) they were working on which seemingly got canned and they'll turn it into a mid sized action game for consoles (unless Dena owns the IP)

Oct 31, 2017
So uh, its been a week, when's announcement two coming

Next month or after TW101's release ! :P

Until proven otherwise I still believe the next 3 announcements will be for brand new games that PG will self publish, I doubt they're gonna use that Tencent money in an attempt to buy IPs they've worked on previously as it wouldn't bring them any significant revenue in the short term.
I also don't understand the point in them revealing games they're already known to work own and they don't own. Platinum 4 seems like a very "personal" initiative if that makes sense.
Maybe they'll revive that old mobile game (World of Demons) they were working on which seemingly got canned and they'll turn it into a mid sized action game for consoles (unless Dena owns the IP)

Tencent's money is only for new projects.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Two hours to see if this is a weekly thing or not (at the very least the Wonderful 101 Kickstarter dropped at a little past Noon PST, like 12:05 PM here).

I have my doubts that it is, but I am hoping this is weekly.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It would be pretty cool to see something from them in an hour.

I'm still confused at how they can juggle so much. Their studio isn't that big (to my understanding), yet they've got Bayonetta 3, Babylon's Fall, the W101 port and potentially other substantial projects in the works.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they show something more soon, I think a week or two is probably the max you could squeeze out of these announcements without hype cooling down, but the W101 kickstarter going on at the same time might mean they take more time.

If not we're back to more weeks of fanboys argueing Bayonetta 2 definitely will/won't come to other platforms.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine they'd reveal projects when they're ready to be revealed? No need to rush them.
At the very least, I'd expect the next game to be announced sometime after this kickstarter is over.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't mean to shit on you guy's parade but I was thinking they'd wait for their first KS to be done before announcing one of the three others. :P

Oh well, I wouldn't mind to know earlier of course.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think they will want to tie the next three reveals to bigger events so that they have more eyes on them. Nintendo Direct, State of Play, next-gen console reveal event, etc. It'd be nice to see another one announced today but I don't think it will happen.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Last minute predictions, let's go Anarchy Reigns

I don't actually think we're getting anything today

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, doesn't look this is going to be a weekly thing after all. Maybe next month will have the next announcement, after the Kickstarter's over.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Hopefully they won't wait all the way until after the Kickstarter ends to announce the next game. A trailer in the next Direct or the PS5 reveal would be nice.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think Platinum is stupid enough to try and launch a bunch of port kickstarters one after the other, folks. Inafune tried it (with new games, no less) and it backfired horribly on him - it's likely the other announcements are newer projects. They wouldn't do this kind of teaser setup for a bunch of kickstarters and nothing else.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
My prediction that these aren't all self-published and might be things like Bayo 3 after being shown off at the Nintendo direct can still come true.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
My prediction that these aren't all self-published and might be things like Bayo 3 after being shown off at the Nintendo direct can still come true.
If that's the case, then they would have listed Babylon's Fall on the website already. It had a (unflattering imo) re-reveal of sorts in the last State of Play.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If that's the case, then they would have listed Babylon's Fall on the website already. It had a (unflattering imo) re-reveal of sorts in the last State of Play.
Wasn't that pretty brief? It might have a bigger reveal at the PS5 event which is likely coming up.

If I had to make a guess it would be
1 — W101
2 — Bayonetta 3 (Feb 13th Direct)
3 — Babylon's Fall (PS5 reveal event)
4 — Nier 3 (PS5 event or E3?)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that pretty brief? It might have a bigger reveal at the PS5 event which is likely coming up.

1 — W101

I doubt Nier will be on this site unless Square announces it early and gives them a lot of uncharacteristic leeway to market it. S-E would be in charge of marketing any Nier titles rather than Plat.

This of course assumes Plat is even developing it for Square at all, which is not a guarantee.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya from PlatinumGames will be giving an illuminating talk about how they united, where they're going, and what they have in store for the future. Attendees will receive a set of two The Wonderful 101: Remastered limited edition buttons, but supplies will be limited!

PAX Online

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I doubt Nier will be on this site unless Square announces it early and gives them a lot of uncharacteristic leeway to market it. S-E would be in charge of marketing any Nier titles rather than Plat.
Yeah that's why I think it'll just be whatever trailer Square Enix shows off first without much additional info.

It's kind of odd to market Bayo 3 and Nier 3 as "the Platinum 4" that way, but the alternative being that they have more self-published ports coming seems even less likely unless it's more cheap IPs that were complete flops like Anarchy Reigns.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Yeah that's why I think it'll just be whatever trailer Square Enix shows off first without much additional info.

It's kind of odd to market Bayo 3 and Nier 3 as "the Platinum 4" that way, but the alternative being that they have more self-published ports coming seems even less likely unless it's more cheap IPs that were complete flops like Anarchy Reigns.
The most likely and logical outcome is 3 brand new self-published IPs

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Platinum is back baybee, with 5 new games and a port all in development simultaneously. Based Tencent really digging deep there.
We already know they have had at least two "small" new IPs in development for a few years. What would be more realistic, a third "small" IP like I suggested or the AAA NieR sequel you mentioned on top of that?
And again, it's no coincidence that PlatinumGames posted the "Future Heroes" figurines trio teaser on their blog right after TW101R was revealed.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
We already know they have had at least two "small" new IPs in development for a few years. What would be more realistic, a third "small" IP like I suggested or the AAA NieR sequel you mentioned on top of that?
And again, it no coincidence that PlatinumGames posted the "Future Heroes" figurines trio teaser on their blog right after TW101R was revealed.
Wasn't one of the new IPs Astral Chain? If I'm remembering that correctly, then I could definitely see the other being part of the Platinum 4 along with Bayo 3 and Babylon's Fall. I'd still be pretty shocked if those two aren't included at all though — that's just a lot of irons in the fire for a relatively small and mostly unsuccessful studio.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I think more than anything else we might see some projects of varying sizes. Smaller downloadable games or a mobile IP and then ONE more big game.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Wasn't one of the new IPs Astral Chain? If I'm remembering that correctly, then I could definitely see the other being part of the Platinum 4 along with Bayo 3 and Babylon's Fall. I'd still be pretty shocked if those two aren't included at all though — that's just a lot of irons in the fire for a relatively small and mostly unsuccessful studio.
Nope, they were talking about new self-published IPs and they even said it again after Astral Chain's reveal.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

1 — W101
Babylon's Fall wont have new info until this summer.

Oct 31, 2017

1 — W101

You're crazy ! :D

And BF isn't even a PS5 game, why do you expect it at the PS5 event ?

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think Platinum is stupid enough to try and launch a bunch of port kickstarters one after the other, folks. Inafune tried it (with new games, no less) and it backfired horribly on him - it's likely the other announcements are newer projects. They wouldn't do this kind of teaser setup for a bunch of kickstarters and nothing else.

People forgetting they got that investment from Tencent recently, which is very clearly going to be funding whatever these other projects are.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People are going to be so disappointed when the second announcement is just a new design and new figure for CEO Weapon Ken-ichi