• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
I don't believe that account is the source of the trailer, as it was up on Youtube several hours before they tweeted it. I could be mistaken though.
No idea, I'm under impression it's the same person because they are posting some additional info and there should also be some leaked gameplay coming out later.

Anyway, EA already took it down.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
No idea, I'm under impression it's the same person because they are posting some additional info and there should also be some leaked gameplay coming out later.

Anyway, EA already took it down.

From what I can tell I think they're just going to post gameplay from the "Picnic" (codename for Battle for Neighborville) alpha playtest from earlier this month, which was available to sign-up for and be played by the public.

What kind of game is it?

Like the Garden Warfare games before it, a team based asymmetrical third-person shooter. More or less asymmetrical Plants vs Zombies themed Team Fortress with Overwatch style abilities, to put it basically.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I can tell I think they're just going to post gameplay from the "Picnic" (codename for Battle for Neighborville) alpha playtest from earlier this month, which was available to sign-up for and be played by the public.

Like the Garden Warfare games before it, a team based asymmetrical third-person shooter. More or less asymmetrical Plants vs Zombies themed Team Fortress with Overwatch style abilities, to put it basically.
Cool. Loved GW. GW2 not so much.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Doubt it. EA hates Switch. Either he's lying or was fed misinformation.
This is probably the most fitting IP EA got for the Switch audience besides maybe The Sims; but of course they won't put this game on it and keep selling lesser versions of FIFA until they can justify stating their games don't sell on Nintendo systems :\

...trailer looks cool though (is already down now)

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like one of those cases when they are mainly building up on what came before it which is 100% what I wanted.
Also this time am gonna get this day one on PC before the game dies out.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
In terms of new classes, I see a mushroom ninja, an acorn that can turn into a tree stump, and an afro zombie on rollerskates. What else am I missing?

I dream of a PvZ:GW game that isn't a grindfest. Both 1 &2 were beautiful games with smart, asymmetric play potential, but they had the same grind-for-random-mechanical-options bullshit that made Star Wars Battlefront 2 utter trash. No more random unlocks, please. Just let people start out with numerically high-level versions of each class, then let them focus their grinding on clear objectives. These games are good enough that they don't need any stupid carrot-dangling to keep people hooked.

And, yes, CROSS PLAY, for goodness sake.

Oct 8, 2018
Anyone have a theory on why someone would break NDA only a couple of days before the announcement and not any sooner?

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I won't say much as to not break NDA, but playing the alpha was dope af. It's a day 1 if you like the series already.

Last edited:

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, hopefully split screen is still in?
That was a cover up answer. Obviously there was bad blood between EA and Nintendo, so don't expect anything from EA other than FIFA (might be contractual obligation) and indie games they publish but do not own on Switch.
Yeah EA-kun snubbed Nintendo-chan during valentines, ohh the drama~

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Anyone want to help me get trophies for the 1st and 2nd games? Send me a pm.

Anyways these are always fun. The co op modes are fun too.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I liked chasing the trophies for the most part on the first and second game even though some of them are so tough. I don't think I would want to go through that with this game since it can be frustrating. But I am interested in the standard PvP and solo stuff. Cautiously optimistic on this since I liked GW1 more than GW2

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It was a closed alpha, game has all GW1/2 maps
Lord oh my god wat. I watched a bit of leaked alpha gameplay and it looked just like Garden Warfare 1/2 to me but you're telling me it also has all the maps!?!? Game is a dream come true.

Do we know if there's garden ops in this as well?

Really hope there's still splitscreen in this one, didn't see any splitscreen station in the hub in the alpha video. GW2 has one of the most solid split screen implementations in a modern game, would hate to lose it.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great with the colourful visuals. Hope it's not to much of a grind or requires online.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the name at all but I'm more than willing to give this a go.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't shake the feeling that this'll be a free2play game like fortnite. The last screen screams fortnite imo.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I LOVE the Garden Warfare games! Got 100% Achievements on both!

Dunno if I have the interest in multiplayer games as much these days though, I don't even have Xbox Live Gold at the moment. Maybe if it came to Switch though...