• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
EBz0ZrZU4AIbTCF

Last edited:

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
PvZ could literally go to any other company and it would be a better franchise.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No platform list? I assume XBOX/PS/PC only, given that recent article by EA saying that nobody buys their games on the Switch?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
When we had rumor of a new one coming, I hoped in vain it would be the regular PvZ and not the PvP spin-off, oh well.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Such a fun trailer! But EA is not to be trusted.

No shade to PopCap though.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Always a shame when stuff like this leaks early, especially if it's a Gamescom trailer and we have to wait over a week for the final version to be shown officially.

Looks great anyway, after nearly 6 years of Garden Warfare I'm ready for this.

Did this trailer leak before the alpha gameplay came out?

There's been some alpha gameplay floating around, but EA usually takes it down pretty quickly. I imagine the same for this trailer.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I don't like what's happened to the franchise as much as the next person but that trailer actually got me itching to play some PvZ. Both the original AND Garden Warfare.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is Garden Warfare 3, right?
I know they were using the art style first, but all I could think of was Fortnite and battle royales from that trailer.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the original PvZ and the original Garden Warfare.

Didn't enjoy PvZ 2 and Garden Warfare 2 seemed more crazy, less balanced, and less fun.

Maybe I'll try this out? Idk.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
That song is catchy as fuck please send help.

I assume the game will be chock full of microtransactions and gacha, sadly.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Aw dang it there's no "the" in the game title either. And after I already asked the mods to fix Neighborhood to Neighborville too.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
No platform list? I assume XBOX/PS/PC only, given that recent article by EA saying that nobody buys their games on the Switch?

That was a cover up answer. Obviously there was bad blood between EA and Nintendo, so don't expect anything from EA other than FIFA (might be contractual obligation) and indie games they publish but do not own on Switch.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to pick this up on PC since I'm currently console-less, but the PC community for these games are always dead.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The beta last weekend was pretty good. Excited to see this officially released alongside some more info

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
I'd love to pick this up on PC since I'm currently console-less, but the PC community for these games are always dead.

As a PC player as well, I can't speak for regions other than EU (though I believe US is as good as or better) but Garden Warfare 1 and 2 had quite healthy populations for the first several months at launch, and even now you can still easily find full games of Turf Takeover and Mystery Portal.

Outside of those modes and occasionally out of peak hours, you will likely struggle to find healthy lobbies though.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
That song was actually a jam. Hope this is on Switch but I'll probably pick it up regardless, I had a lot of fun when I got back into GW2 a while ago.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like GW2 was just a bit too much. it played significantly different to the much more simple GW. i hope they can strike a good balance in this one.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
i feel like GW2 was just a bit too much. it played significantly different to the much more simple GW. i hope they can strike a good balance in this one.

I agree. My friends and I spent countless hours on GW1 but 2 felt like it busted the doors open too wide. Felt a bit overwhelming tbh.
Hoping this is simple and streamlined.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
My little sister is obsessed with GW2 so if this is more of the same she'll be happy.

(they're actually pretty solid games)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Garden Warfare 2 consistently got updates and got weirder and weirder as time went on. They eventually added co-op bosses that reminded me of complex Destiny encounters and at some point added Battle Royale, I wonder where they're going with this one.

I hope there's a campaign, their spoof on the Modern Warfare AC130 mission was fun.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
BASED ON THIS TRAILER AND NOTHING ELSE, this seems INCREDIBLY FUN and VERY SIMILAR TO THE FIRST GARDEN WARFARE.

Also, this is totally going to be F2P. Book it.

Last edited:

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
The leaker said it's also coming out on Switch.

Edit: more info

Last edited: