• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
1080x360

6pm CEST for the reveal

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
rad. I loved the previous Garden Warfare games. Im nervous about what kind of EA-bullshit it will have though.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Garden Warfare 1 and 2 are so fun, can't wait to see what they add for the next entry

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Garden Warfare is one of my favorite IP of this gen (and technically last gen). Hope this one delivers, and EA doesn't EA it up too much

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Do we know for sure it's Battle for Neighborville and not just related to PvZ3?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
They used the word "neighbor" and the thread title is also a question, not a confirmation.
I know about it being a question, I was just curious if there was more confirmation out there besides that. The nut in Garden Warfares prior had a slightly different design than that, so it left me wondering.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but is this the Garden Warfare successor (ie online multiplayer shooter) and not some phone/FtP thing?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I hope there is as much of a fully-fledged splitscreen co-op mode as Garden Warfare 2 (plus the ability to actually have AI buddies in Garden/Graveyard Ops when you play two player).

If it doesn't (like the first) I'm not interested. My daughter and I played the shit out of the second game.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Their Twitter changed avatar and banner to the BfN logo and if you use a thumbnail grabber you get

That seems pretty conclusive, thanks! I can now allow myself to be excited, though hopefully it's more than just the leaked trailer.
Forgive my ignorance, but is this the Garden Warfare successor (ie online multiplayer shooter) and not some phone/FtP thing?
Battle for Neighrborville is essentially Garden Warfare 3, Plants vs. Zombies 3 is coming as a mobile title.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
If only there was some event tomorrow that could be used to pass information about games Direct to us.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this isn't PvZ3? Is an actual follow-up to Garden Warfare? Holy crap I'm much more interested now. Also, there's this video premiere planned on youtube for 9 AM Pacific, 12 PM East.

Also, I'm surprised is gonna be paid, looking at the art style, this could easily go for the Fortnite money, kids love PvZ after all (me too).

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I stuck to my guns and abandoned this entire series after PvZ2 never got a PC port.

Remember Popcap, y'all?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Featured in the Direct probably?

There was a leak claiming a Switch version, so I guess I could see it being in this direct considering they are on the same day, so we'll see. I'm just hoping it runs alright on Switch if it is gonna be there

Seems like switch port ?

Plants vs. Zombies is a EA-published franchise and considering EA's allergy to Nintendo's hardware...signs point to no.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
Coincides nicely with a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. I could see this springing up right after the direct or just prior.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
So excited, really hope the rumoured release date of October 18th is accurate, can't wait to play this.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the price will be. Hopefully not some F2P bullshit with MTX galore.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hate that the PvZ games went mobile and f2p. I recall being seriously disappointed with and deleting the second game within a week.

Garden Warfare 1 still gets a lot of play time from me, I have yet to play the sequel.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
ERSB rating confirms PC, XBOX ONE and PS4 as platforms

This is a third-person shooter in which players compete as members of either the Plant or Zombie faction through story-based missions and multiplayer matches. Players roam around levels/stages and use "cartoony" weapons (e.g., laser pistols, gas blasters, pea shooters) to defeat opponents and enemy bosses. Battles are frenetic and accompanied by large explosions, gunfire, and screen-shaking effects; enemies collapse to the ground and quickly disappear when defeated. A handful of characters can be heard burping/belching, and one zombie character wears an outfit that reveals a small portion of buttocks (e.g., "plumber's crack")./