• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like an early access Founder's Edition is out now for $30. Says you can play and earn rewards for 6 weeks leading up to launch on October 18th.
Xbox One - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/p...r-neighborville-founders-edition/c43t5kzdpfm3
PS4 - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA10863_00-PVZGW3PS4FOUNDER
Origin (Included in Origin Access Premier) - https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/plants-vs-zombies/pvz-battle-for-neighborville

Wait, you get the whole game for $30 if you buy it today? Fucking sold

Are we SURE this isn't F2P?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh you can play it now?? Might have to cop this, I loved GW2. It's so close to BL3 though ughhh.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why they're releasing this with such a short announcement-to-release time. Kinda feels like they're sending it to die.

I played the closed alpha, and while I believe I'm not legally allowed to say what exactly I played, I will say it felt fine. Perfectly competent.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why they're releasing this with such a short announcement-to-release time. Kinda feels like they're sending it to die.

I played the closed alpha, and while I believe I'm not legally allowed to say what exactly I played, I will say it felt fine. Perfectly competent.

ea expects to sell 1-2 million units by the end of FY, they have low-resonable expectations

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
PvsZ GW2 was a mess for the new characters and the unbalanced chaos that it got. Now they double down on it by adding more charaters and spam... eh, it's cool from the trailer but I already know that it will be a pain to play :/

GW1 will remain something special...

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
pretty smart move by EA. Iam 100% sure not everybody who is buying it today would have bought it in october with all the other games releasing. I know i wouldnt have i am sure but here i am waiting for the download to finish.

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
Is this a hero shooter or a garden-warfare like game? I'm only interested in the latter. If it's essentially GW3, I'll buy tonight.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer got me confused. Are the old gamemodes back? What's open world now and where do those 12 maps mentioned come into play? Looked like some kind of single player MMO :/

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the first PVZ game to use the latest Frostbite version that has PBR that is why everything looks realistic when interacting with the lighting.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I absolutely loved Garden Warfare but I couldn't get into the sequel. I hope this game is more similar to the first game than the second!

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I played GW1 when I got it free from EA during some event a few years ago. Bought the sequel and put maybe 150 hours into it.

I'm tempted to get this, but also not sure how the local co-op is handled.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder for how much time will EA's shareholders will tolerate their company's refusal for personal reason to support Switch, the hottest console in the market right now. Obviously their personal grudge is above their financial health, it seems.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder for how much time will EA's shareholders will tolerate their company's refusal for personal reason to support Switch, the hottest console in the market right now. Obviously their personal grudge is above their financial health, it seems.
They probably just don't want to release inferior ports on comparatively weak hardware.
Don't think it's a personal grudge lol

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It's sooo tempting. I loved the previous games (got the platin for both of them) but I don't have actually time to play it right now. I'll probably buy it anyway.

Like what? Personal grudge? Really?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I love GW1 and enjoyed GW2.. if this isn't a microtransaction fest I might get it on early access after i'm done with Gears 5.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They probably just don't want to release inferior ports on comparatively weak hardware.
Don't think it's a personal grudge lol

This don't seem to be bothering AAA developers anymore, Switch's support is growing rapidly, there's money on the table there, even EA is aware of it as they had solid numbers with their FIFA efforts. Yes, it's personal and is acknowledged even by some EA's shareholders here. It's EA's loss. Cynicism won't hide the obvious.

Personal grudge by a company, lol.

Oh, don't be naive.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So my friend and fellow Era user, Rafisher, was excited for this, however he's just loaded into the game and thinks it looks super blurry.... BUT... I don't see it.

Top image [All Ultra Settings, no changes]
Ws9h5Do.jpg

Bottom Image [All Ultra Settings, upped contrast + lowered brightness]
g8PgFGn.jpg

What do you guys think? Bloom? Artstyle? To me it all looks pretty crisp. He did say he managed to fix it/make it less blurry by upping the contrast and lowering the brightness... but could totally be a placebo effect. He also thinks the top image is super washed out and blurry, while the second image "looks perfect, but is still a little blurry".

It's worth noting, this friend of mine aka Rafisher also thinks Monster Hunter World looks "blurry as fuck" so much so that when he got that game on Xbox One, he returned it. He also tried playing it on PC but still said it was too blurry looking even with/without AA on, he messed with all the settings.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Quoting myself in here as well for visibility:

It also has hub-based world exploration. One of the first worlds, before you visit this, shows you this screen, and you can explore the map to find all these things.
The map is sort of Destiny, sort of World of Warcraft, in some way. Things spawn and you explore and do quests on it.

This is just the first one, so I don't know how the rest is.

oOyyxbo.jpg

This is the first map. Sorry for the spoilers. :p Sweetie is a pretty bad ass plant. :D

JdU55GR.jpg

Screenshot with some quest givers. Obviously a goofy story and all that, but still. :D

sF5pj1G.jpg

You can grow some plants here as towers to fire at nearby zombies. Some zombies can be seen spawning in the distance.

1cJKm9t.jpg

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So my friend and fellow Era user, Rafisher, was excited for this, however he's just loaded into the game and thinks it looks super blurry.... BUT... I don't see it.

Top image [All Ultra Settings, no changes]
Ws9h5Do.jpg

Bottom Image [All Ultra Settings, upped contrast + lowered brightness]
g8PgFGn.jpg

What do you guys think? Bloom? Artstyle? To me it all looks pretty crisp. He did say he managed to fix it/make it less blurry by upping the contrast and lowering the brightness... but could totally be a placebo effect. He also thinks the top image is super washed out and blurry, while the second image "looks perfect, but is still a little blurry".

It's worth noting, this friend of mine aka Rafisher also thinks Monster Hunter World looks "blurry as fuck" so much so that when he got that game on Xbox One, he returned it. He also tried playing it on PC but still said it was too blurry looking even with/without AA on, he messed with all the settings.

Looks much better with the contrast turned up IMO. The colors look kind of washed out in that first screenshot.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe y'all making me wanna get the new PvZ Garden Warfare. It does look great! Need to see some matches.

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
Is there single player? Without an internet connection?
What's the difference?

To me, "hero shooter" means something like Overwatch, Paladins, Battleborn where gameplay is PvP in online matches. I've mostly played the Ops mode in Garden Warfare (or multiplayer against bots) so there's a PvE aspect to the GW games that I've never seen in the other games. That's what I meant in my earlier comment.

Does anyone know Where Garden Ops is in this game?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I can't believe y'all making me wanna get the new PvZ Garden Warfare. It does look great! Need to see some matches.
I haven't been able to dive into this version yet but I uh... have experience with the game - it's great! Feels like a great blend of the first two games, definitely scaled back in the areas where Garden Warfare 2 went too far.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I loved the first 2 games so much, even 100% Achievement'ed them (which was quite the challenge)!!

But I don't think I'll be playing this one for awhile. :( I don't even have Xbox Live Gold anymore. :'(

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been able to dive into this version yet but I uh... have experience with the game - it's great! Feels like a great blend of the first two games, definitely scaled back in the areas where Garden Warfare 2 went too far.
That's dope to hear. I may grab it soonish. September is crazy!

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Does this include the Gardens & Graveyards multiplayer mode?

Not right now in early access but it will by launch I believe.
Looks like a game that should be free. Not saying that in spite but I feel that this game would work better in a F2P environment.
I agree, I'm surprised it isn't to be honest given the success of Apex and Fortnite. They've even priced it lower. Seems like a game that would do gangbusters for free - just generally feels like F2P makes a whole lot of sense for it, even down to the change in naming for the series.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
What's the difference, for those new to these games?

Well they added a campaign which is not bad.

They also added a bunch of new classes most of which were annoying for different reasons (the imp is the worst) and this new game has brought over a bunch of these classes i hated and some more. they've also removed all the fun variations the classes had from 1 and 2.

They also decided that menus for choosing what you want to play shouldn't exist so the only way to get to what you want to do is to go around a hub map to physical locations to choose what to do. 3 has gone this route to.

Also in 3 the way you get the myriad of sweet customisation items for your characters has changed drastically. You no longer get to choose which sticker pack of varying costs you want to open which gave you the choice on whether you wanted to get zombie items, plant items or consumables etc, its now just open a prize ball and get 1 item (before you got 3-5 per pack i think). That may have just be a beta thing though.

The maps were also terrible in comparison to the simple maps of the first game. in 3 one of beta maps also had lava cheese which basically insta killed when you land in it and its just no fun at all.

They also changed the voice of my favourite character the cactus which now sounds awful and is a completely pointless change.