• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Super chill one for me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Friday:
Doing Captain Marvel write-ups for the rest of my work day.
Playing DMC 5 with a few beers. My partner's away until Sunday so should get lots of game time in.

Saturday:
Probably catch up on some Netflix - Ricky Gervais' new show After Life and the Original film Juanita
Going for drinks with some friends, should be fun
More DMC 5

Sunday:
Partner gets back from her trip, so have a day with her, maybe go for a walk if the weather's nice.

You lot?

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea why I only see these threads when I'm due to work over the weekend.

But yeah, working 12-hours shifts and not seeing much of my wife over the course of it. Pretty dull.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Having a AW starting in a couple of hours, but it will be just a couple of beers. Then heading home and chill for the rest of the weekend after a rather busy week at work.

Have a good weekend people of era! And happy international woman's day to all women of era!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a whole lot, mainly sticking home. I'll take a round of shopping on Saturday in town, other than that staying at home with my fiancé. Mainly juggling between Rocket League and catching up on TV shows, probably.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Been studying all day Saturday and Sunday since the beginning of January. I finished the exam and I don't know what to do with myself.

Oct 28, 2017
Might pick up DMC 5 tonight, otherwise I'm alone so I might make dinner and watch a movie.

Tomorrow I'm driving to pick up a new drum kit. Playing a show with my band tomorrow night.

Sunday - probably do some stuff outside with my gf since it's gonna be a really nice day.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Food:
Trying to figure out how to get out of dinner with my family tonight. I will probably fake sick then get take out and eat it in the car and be free.
Going to a new dumpling restaurant with some people from work tomorrow that I'm nervous about because I don't like onions and there seems to be onions in everything.

Errands:
My SO has a scratch on their glasses that I'm urging them to get fixed but they don't want to. It's very noticeable but they "didn't get the insurance" so they won't go.
I need to get resized for a tuxedo which means having to admit how much weight I've gained since I bought it in 2015.
I'm a little overdue for an oil change. I should probably do that.

Leisure:
I'm also back on my bull shit breeding Pokémon on my 3DS for competitive scenarios that I will never, ever use. I hate my 3DS and I don't like this Pokémon game but here we are.
I really need to watch Spider-Verse.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Assignments. Have to find a gene in an unknown sequence from an unknown species (yay). Have to evaluate a novel genome assembly, the tools they used, and do further QC on my own in a paper of my choice (bleh). I also have a million things I need to learn.

I kind of miss work because there was a greater demarcation between work time and free time.

I'm also back on my bull shit breeding Pokémon on my 3DS for competitive scenarios that I will never, ever use. I hate my 3DS and I don't like this Pokémon game but here we are.
I really need to watch Spider-Verse.
Any Pokémon game recommendations for someone who hasn't played one since Emerald? I've been eyeing Platinum, Black, and/or Soul Silver.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Assignments. Have to find a gene in an unknown sequence from an unknown species (yay). Have to evaluate a novel genome assembly, the tools they used, and do further QC on my own in a paper of my choice (bleh). I also have a million things I need to learn.

I kind of miss work because there was a greater demarcation between work time and free time.

Any Pokémon game recommendations for someone who hasn't played one since Emerald? I've been eyeing Platinum, Black, and/or Soul Silver.

I always recommend Platinum or Soul Silver, personally. The DS Era is probably peak Pokémon and it's hard to go wrong. Skip Diamond and Pearl though because Platinum improves on it too much to make them relevant.

Or, if you're like me, you can just play the latest games for hundreds of hours whether you like them or not.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting our new dishwasher and kitchen faucet installed. House is old so I'm sure it's going to go very smoothly...

If I have any extra time I have DMC5 coming today as well.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I've got to get an outfit for the daddy daughter dance tonight. I've got to go to the grocery store cause the kids are out of pancake syrup. I've got to finish Leon B and get the last two files.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I always recommend Platinum or Soul Silver, personally. The DS Era is probably peak Pokémon and it's hard to go wrong. Skip Diamond and Pearl though because Platinum improves on it too much to make them relevant.

Or, if you're like me, you can just play the latest games for hundreds of hours whether you like them or not.
I think I'm going to start with Platinum, then. (SS for later since that's a gen I'm more familiar with.)

I'm definitely going to jump on Moon later, too, so don't worry. I really want to check out all the Mega Evolutions, too. Maybe not the hundreds of hours part, though... 👀

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Started mine early as always. Got my chap detailing the car at the moment so off down the seafront for a few sherberts. Trying to be good this weekend but it'll probably go tits up and we'll book ourselves into a hotel somewhere.

Cheers era!

yPuFZtW.jpg

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
Girlfriend is staying with me this weekend. So probably captain marvel tonight.

then swan boats at lake eola and science center on saturday.

sunday brunch.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
First time in a while they I'll have the weekend off. Plan to go clothes shopping and stopping by at a local bbq place that's only open on weekend.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friday: Play guitar, learn some Spanish. Two friends are coming over. We are going to play games and have a few beers.
Saturday: Go to the gym. Then I'm going to open DMC5 and probably play it all day...
Sunday: Write a couple of pages, play guitar, play DMC5, visit my mother & brother and then some Netflix, probably Brooklyn 99. I'm on Season 3.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see... I don't think I have plans for tonight, so I'll probably tidy up a little and then veg on the couch.
Tomorrow WifeMG says I have to tackle the weeds that are threatening to take over the world starting with my back yard. I may also try to clean out and fill my hot tub. I've been missing soaking in it. Then Saturday night I'm going to my parents' to celebrate my mom's birthday.
Sunday I'll go to church with my wife, and then probably try to do some more cleaning. My wife has people coming over Tuesday night, and we'll want the house clean for that.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Friday:
Going to a petanque tournament with the company - gonna get stinkin' drunk and throw some balls around.

Saturday:
Got a lot of projects I need to finish up. Put up some coat hooks in the hallway, finish painting some projects, maybe go to sweden and buy some lamps.

Sunday:
No idea, hang out with a girl - make some food I suppose.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Looking to score some weed. Was supposed to grab a coffee or/and bite to eat (burger) with a friend yesterday, but his schedule made it difficult. Because it was going to be bit late at night, we are trying again this weekend. Other than that, don't really have anything special planned as I usually don't. So some Era, films and TV, maybe games. I'm about 1/3 through Ken Follet's Pillars of Earth and should download Titanfall 2 for the campaign, as I subscribed to EA basic access for a month. And if my friend just has the time for it, I'm definitely going to watch her play Witcher 3. She just recently reached Novigrad.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Friday: Being here at the office till 1 pm (We leave early on Fridays because it's summer), then I'm gonna see the girl I'm currently dating and go to the movies (gonna check what we'll watch, not Captain Marvel though coz that's for next weekend as we already arranged to go with some friends), after that I'm not really sure, will probably go to a market and grab some stuff for the grill and alcohol because Saturday and Sunday plans are...
Saturday: Gonna be at a friend's beach house because it's another friend's birthday and we'll be staying there for the weekend (her bday was yesterday actually), so yeah beach, grill, alcohol, sleeping, partying and whatnot. Sadly I can't take the girl I'm dating with me because there's some stuff that would make it awkward if she went (I used to bang the birthday girl and stopped doing that about 2 months ago, right before I started dating the current girl, who happens to be from the same school and year as the bday girl, so yeah...).
Sunday: Waking up, breakfast, trying to cope with the hangover and having grill for lunch, then maybe heading down to the beach and coming back to the city at like 6 pm, after that it's only sadness because Monday is close.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Should hopefully be a fairly relaxed weekend. Going to be catching up with an old friend a bit, playing some Assassins Creed Origins which i'll likely do while listening to some podcasts, and Apex Legends when my friends are available, and probably a bit of baking.

Oct 25, 2017
Painting LOTR strategy battle game miniatures. Specially Uruk Hai, working my way through about 8 different test schemes to see which is my preferred option. And really all that effort is because I want to nail the look of the armour.

Going to a surprise birthday party tomorrow. Which I don't think is actually going to be a surprise after all.
I'll probably do some ironing and laundry? Play some more Detective Pikachu, and continue with Horizon Zero Dawn. Plus do some reading on study methods.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Stay indoors because we're going to get hit with another round of 9-12 inches of snow, to go with the foot and half we've already got.

This winter here in Minneapolis has been bullshit.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Kingdom Hearts, AC: Odyssey, Dabs, Drinks, Pizza, try my hand at cooking some Gyudon, Duolingo lessons (Japanese), Youtube some keyboard lessons, play some board games, dread and fear the coming Monday.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Friday: work, gym, probably Kingdom Hearts 3 after I put my kid to bed, and last minute studying.

Saturday: Network+ exam, taking my son out since it won't be snowing for once, then off to see the captain at my local Drafthouse.

Sunday: Lots of DMC 5 whenever my son is napping or gone to bed.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
I have a Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop session. I am looking forward to it after making a series of entertainingly horrible choices last time.

Barrin

Dec 12, 2017
After work today: Going to kick it with a friend today and also get my Samsung Galaxy S10 from her since I signed up with her family plan to save some money.

Saturday: Go to same friend's house to play our weekly D&D session.

Sunday: Shopping among other errands and then play Kingdom Hearts DDD.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Nothing much tonight. Mostly work Saturday. Probably a hike and nice dinner on Sunday for our anniversary.

Will play some more Anthem with a friend. Still having fun with it, bugs, crashes etc aside.

Feb 16, 2018
Heading to Barcelona for my spring vacation right now, first time in Europe I'm excited. Today is pretty much all flights and airport stuff then I'll actually arrive tomorrow morning.

Shiny Pokemon Hunter

Alt-account
Banned
Mar 5, 2019
Will watch Captain Marvel early on Saturday.

Today just gonna go to the gym and finish some Computer Science homework.

Rest of the weekend I will be playing RE2 and DMC5.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Go to the car wash and put together a high chair for my son.

Wife is away Saturday afternoon so I'll be hanging out with my son then. We'll see if he goes down for a nap or not.

I already cleaned the house Wednesday night so I just have to vacuum the bedroom and were good.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Nothing for me tonight, since the wife is going out to catch up with a friend. Probably just hanging in, catching up on some chores, doing some laundry and watching more Twilight Zone.

Saturday it's swimming bright and early, and I'm taking the family plus in-laws to see Captain Marvel in the afternoon. We might grab dinner after that. I hope we do, anyway.

Sunday I'm taking my son and I to get our haircuts, but he's going shaggy, so it might be me flying solo. I want to work on a few recipes for my St. Pats party next weekend. Been kicking around a few things in my head, just need to get off my rear end and give them a try.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no plans and it's fucking glorious!

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Spending time with my wife, we've been binge watching Raising Hope and Master Chef. Maybe play some games with my oldest kid. I'm on a school schedule so I'm going to have the next week off. Maybe fix my turntables finally.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Birthday Dinner, Captain Marvel, and DMCV

Been waiting for this weekend for what feels like forever haha

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Friday: Go have Dinner out, Play DMC 5
Saturday: Do some odd errands, Play more DMC 5
Sunday: Play even more DMC 5

I have waited over 10 years to play a sequel to DMC 4, so I am going to savour it this weekend.

Nov 8, 2017
Worms Battlegrounds online with friends. Destiny 2 online with a friend. Breath of the Wild (I will finish it one day!). And working on my indie-game hobby project.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Well, i was thinking about having some white wine and beer and listening to some tunes to wind me down from the week and relax but fucking hell dont ever go and just pick a wine because jesus christ this french white im having has an awful aftertaste, the description said its on the sweeter and fruitier side but all im getting is bland dishwash water

Still going to drink it all, of course, paid good money for it

Just dont go wandering with the selection

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Probably will get some DMC 5 in tonight before seeing Captain Marvel with my fiancée. Saturday is looking to be a lazy day, and I'll be getting up early Sunday to prepare for my future step daughter's birthday party.