• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yay, or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 994 61.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 612 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Nah.

Even if it was, until it gets rebooted development 2 times and goes missing for 6 years it won't exist yet even if they toss out some random over priced cgi. SE essentially lost my fandom hype after 13.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I went with yay because I want it to be true

wouldn't it make more sense for the poll close BEFORE the event though?

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
XV was released back in 2016, so I would say it is about time they started teasing the next entry. I'll say it is going to happen tomorrow.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Important note to keep in mind:

Not a single insider has directly said that FFXVI will be at tomorrow's event. Simply that it exists and is in full production now.

The idea that there's "smoke" about the announcement, is purely speculation and wishful thinking.

(I just don't want jerkwads giving reliable insiders a hard time, if it's not revealed tomorrow)

Edit: For clarity, I also believe it will be there.

quoting this because i still see people saying "insiders are saying..." and they're not

i think it will be there, but no one is going to be wrong if it isn't

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
It's Square-Enix, of course they're going to announce the next mainline FF before the new console generation launches, regardless of how far off it is.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll make an avatar bet. If they don't reveal it tomorrow, I will add a dunce hat to Sora on my avatar. Unless someone can think of something better.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It in development for years (2) if it's not come tonight, it will be at some event non the rest through 2021.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Has SE ever let the release of a brand new PlayStation pass by without announcing the next mainline Final Fantasy beforehand?

I think it'll be there.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Channeling all my energy into YES, Friday is my B-Day so this would be the perfect gift.

tenor.gif

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
I hope it's none of that old Tolkien magic elf stuff. Cyber high fantasy like FFXV is top tier. More of that please.