• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yay, or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 994 61.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 612 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. The real bet will be will we see FFXVI be released on the PS5 when it is eventually released.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
If they don't reveal it here, we would probably be waiting until next pseudo-E3. I'd like to hope it's gonna happen tomorrow.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Since when did Square Enix not show off a new Final Fantasy prior to the start of a new generation?

I'm going with yes.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
I want to believe, but if there isn't gameplay, I'd rather not see it at all, I think.
This. We saw a CG trailer of FF Versus XIII, and it got its title changed, plot changed, a character was completely removed, a new director took over, along with who knows what else was going on, and it finally got released 10 years later on a next gen console.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Too much smoke. And to be honest, what else does Square have as a big AAA IP? FF7 is not going to be yearly, ya'll can stop thinking that right now. Kingdom Hearts isn't gonna be coming out anytime soon. They've got Project Athia but that's not next year. They're big enough that having years where they don't publish a major game looks weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Important note to keep in mind:

Not a single insider has directly said that FFXVI will be at tomorrow's event. Simply that it exists and is in full production now.

The idea that there's "smoke" about the announcement, is purely speculation and wishful thinking.

(I just don't want jerkwads giving reliable insiders a hard time, if it's not revealed tomorrow)

Edit: For clarity, I also believe it will be there.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
As much as I'd love to see something on it tomorrow, I don't want to see it if it's more than 2 years out. 2 actual years btw, not Squeenix 2 years which is more like 5.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I'm voting nay. I figure if it gets announced that's awesome. If not, I'll be drinking heavily from the schadenfreude and salt online tomorrow evening. Either way I win 😂

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I voted yes.
The rumors are all a bit nebulous, so they don't give me any confidence, but I want it to be revealed.
But if it's not, I won't be mad. This year has been crazy with corona and whatnot so I wouldn't be surprised if everything is put back a few months.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe. Like, VIIR was fine, and I have XIV, but I'm hankering for a new Final Fantasy.

especially since i started xv a month or so ago and it's like... ehhh. I wanna be excited again!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I don't think it will be there. I wish it was. It's been forever since we've had an original Final Fantasy to look forward to. Nothing I've read has given me the confidence that it will be there. Supposed "insiders" are full of shit most of the time.

there's no reason to treat insiders like this. People can get stuff wrong.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Not a single insider has directly said that FFXVI will be at tomorrow's event. Simply that it exists and is in full production now.

The idea that there's "smoke" about the announcement, is purely speculation and wishful thinking.

(I just don't want jerkwads giving reliable insiders a hard time, if it's not revealed tomorrow)

This is true. Of the people who were positive it'd be there before, none of them have said it HAS to be here. Can't say I blame them. If it was supposed to be shown off this year and got moved, I'd be silent until it actually appeared now.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
No. They suggested that we would see more of the launch lineup so I'm imagining the games in launch window that they've already announced will get shown again (mm, rc, dsremake)

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of expect it, but on the other hand won't be surprised if it isn't. I have no clue with SE

Well to be fair, no insider has really chimed in at all about the possible content of today's event.