• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yay, or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 994 61.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 612 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
On your average day, I'd definitely say no. But there's way too much smoke from insiders and journalists about this. The chances it gets revealed are quite high, I think.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been four years since XV, it's the start of a new generation, and there's a ton of smoke from insiders. Why not?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Lots of insiders credential rides on tomorrow's presentation. Godspeed.
But there hasn't been anyone actually pointing at tomorrow as the day XVI will show up unless I'm missing anything, right?

Like, there's been some comments by both credible and verified people about the game being in a presentable state/aiming for a sooner date than some think and aiming (at least early in the year) for a June showcase, but that's it iirc.

In any case, I'm way into the hype train rn to say I don't think it'll be there, so yeah, I think it'll show up. Please.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nay, I expect a lot of sad people tomorrow when FF16, Silent Hills and Socom etc are nowhere to be seen.

I'm going into this event expecting nothing, So if good stuff is announced I'll enjoy it more.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
That's where I'm at. And even if there's gameplay, I remember how long FFXIII and FFVIIR took after their gameplay reveals

FFVIIR took 11 months from the May State of Play to the April release.

Unless you mean the 2015 PSX... which was when CyberConnect was still running development and released 'concept' gameplay. 😉

If shown, I'll be surprised if XVI is more than 15 months out. S-E seems committed to shortening reveal-to-release times *side-eyes Project Athia*

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
If there's one thing I've learnt over the years, it's to always get your hopes up as high as possible for everything, no matter how unlikely. Absolute fever pitch, every time.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Combined with all the other rumors about FFXVI this year I say yes. However it'll be a tone trailer with a logo and nothing super substantial.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think it will be there. I wish it was. It's been forever since we've had an original Final Fantasy to look forward to. Nothing I've read has given me the confidence that it will be there. Supposed "insiders" are full of shit most of the time.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will, although I am curious to see if we'll get a date or not. Wouldn't surprise me if it's just a "now in development." :P

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see it so at least this event has some megaton, but I'm not sure. I think the crossfirings on if it's supposed to be shown has me in a doubtful space.

If everybody said it was coming, like how VII Remake was just before it, I'd be hard yes. I'm slight yes though.

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XVI Part 1 will be announced tomorrow.
SE might see the profit in Peter Jackson Hobbiting these things.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Full announcement, 16-minute gameplay demo, shadow drop after the show (PS5 is also shadow dropped).

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The poll is going in a opposite way as it did in the thread I created for the PS5 showcase in June:

www.resetera.com

[Poll] Will Final Fantasy XVI be announced tomorrow?

So the PS5 event is upon us, people are expecting many announcements like Silent Hill, Resident Evil 8, Horizon 2 and etc. But what about a new mainline Final Fantasy? As we know it, both Final Fantasy XIII and XV were announced in their respectives E3's before a new Playstation is release. So...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What made so many people so sure? Did something leak?