• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yay, or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 994 61.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 612 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
What doth thee foretell? A new generation is upon us. Maybe.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I going all in on Nay.

Silent Hill(s) also won't be present.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure it'll be shown. That could still mean merely a title card, like Metroid 4, followed by years of no progress report, like Metroid 4.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going to put my chips on "no", I reckon Square Enix wouldn't want to repeat the issue of announcing the game way too early (a la Final Fantasy 7 Remake), and so I think they'll only announce when it's less than 12 months to go, which will probably be E3 2021 at the earliest.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not precisely sure where this rumor came from, minus a bunch of Twitter randos trying to gain flex their insider "cred". Maybe I missed something; happy to be told what's what if I did.

(Note: I have absolutely no idea)

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Nay. Is there even more than ONE insider that explicitly hinted at FF16 being there tomorrow.

Nov 23, 2017
Not only will it appear so will the Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5 update which includes a patch for both PS4 and PS5 along with DLC for
Zack's Alternative Timeline version of FF VII Remake (just Midgar still)

This would be my Easy Allies Final Bet lol

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would like to instead place my best that FFVII will be mentioned in some form. Most likely the announcement of a free next gen upgrade and MAYBE a tiny teaser for part 2.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it's part of a Final Fantasy highlight reel that also mentions FFXV getting upgraded as well.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
While I believe it will... I think it's more of a "now in development" kind of announcement with almost nothing to show.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It feels like it's about time. I mean, what other major announced upcoming projects does SE have? They've cleared the docket.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
They will show a trailer showing FFVIIR-2 logo, which morphed into FFXVI logo.
Followed by and image of Cloud face slowly morphing into Lightning face.
Followed by "directed by Motomu Toriyama".
Followed with "featuring Joker from Persona series..."
"...and Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts series".
Then the trailer closes with "Pls Be Excited"

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy that it'll be the first single player numbered FF with a new world revealed in over 10 years if it is

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. My predictions:

1. Contemporary, Magick setting, more desert and arid. Fantasy setting (mages, airships, etc) will be minimal.
2. Main Character will be a Heroine

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be happy for even a purely cinematic trailer with no gameplay or release window, if only to finally get something fresh from the series (i.e. not a remake or a game that's been in development for almost half my life lol).

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019
No, but I suspect there will be some kinda surprise there.

Hopefully not a first-party surprise, because those are more fun. Kinda.

Oct 30, 2017
It has been a habit now for a main numbered entry of Final Fantasy to be always revealed with new Playstation console.

So yes.

ShutUpPabs

Mar 14, 2018
If its anything like FF7Remake, im down. I remembered 15 fondly until i played 7remake. Is it really going to be an exclusive?