• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
NBSC-Hero-Image-1024x731.jpg

www.cnn.com

Pizza Hut rolls out a new stuffed crust — minus the pizza

Pizza Hut is doubling down on one of its classic innovations as the pandemic-era pizza wars rage.

New York (CNN Business)Pizza Hut is doubling down on one of its classic innovations as the pandemic-era pizza wars rage.

In a nod to the 25th anniversary of stuffed crust's debut, Pizza Hut is offering a pizza-less ring of cheese-stuffed dough.

The name? "Nothing But Stuffed Crust," of course.

The cheesy promotion — which comes just weeks after rival Papa John's rolled out its own stuffed crust pizza — is limited to participating locations in Dallas and Los Angeles this Tuesday through Thursday. The company says Nothing But Stuffed Crust is free for the first 50 customers who make a $10 purchase. Customers can also buy a three-topping stuffed crust pizza for $11.99 for a limited time at participating restaurants.

"Many have tried to recreate it, but there's still only ONE original stuffed crust pizza," Pizza Hut said in a statement.

Competition among big chains has been fierce during the coronavirus pandemic, which has fueled a surge in pizza demand from Americans who are spending more time at home and avoiding dine-in restaurants. Papa John's, Domino's (DMPZF) and Pizza Hut began hiring thousands of new employees in the spring.

On October 29, Pizza Hut's parent company Yum! Brands (YUM) reported the chain's offsite sales had surged 17%-21% during the third quarter of 2020. Pizza Hut also opened 148 new restaurants in 32 countries during the same time frame, according to financial records.

Yum! CEO David Gibbs says the fast food conglomerate's year-over-year digital sales set a single quarter record of $4 billion between July and September.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
is limited to participating locations in Dallas and Los Angeles this Tuesday through Thursday

Thats some bullshit right there. Get fucked Pizza Hutt, you know you can roll this out everywhere for more than a few days.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Why would you not essentially make this a stuffed crust loaf or pie instead of a large stuffed breadstick that will waste cardboard?

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was gonna be, y'know, breadsticks with cheese on the inside. Literally loled seeing the pizza box with the big empty space in the middle.

That's marketing alright.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This looks and reads like a parody lol. I'll buy it though. I've always been a big fan. I didn't know it was around for so long. I remember it being a thing for as long as I can remember.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's just a gimmick in a couple of areas, weak.

I love Little Caesar's stuffed breadsticks, thought it was gonna be something like that

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Also available: Nothing but the bill, pizza! Forget the box and the pizza altogether! No delivery driver needed! Stay in your home and all you need to do is click buy! Get 4 for the price of 3!

Oct 27, 2017
Memphis, TN
Listen as much as this is just for the memes that end up being free marketing. Pizza Hut is here to offer me a bread tube filled with cheese. Who am I to say that isn't all I really want in life?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff crust is kind of not great, this looks completely unappealing on top of wasting a shitload of cardboard.

Jul 1, 2020
The stuffed crust pizza annoys me because they give you less actual pizza. You pay a premium over a large pizza for what is essentially a medium sized pizza with really large crust.