• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
uY8wZug.jpg

Cardu20201013172387.jpg

photo-5f854256ed822.jpg

Following the success of the boba-flavored pizza as well as the stinky tofu and ramen-inspired delights, Pizza Hut Taiwan has announced a new "black pizza" for Halloween, with an all-black appearance that has many people saying: "Italians are about to attack Taiwan!"

The Halloween-themed garlic bamboo charcoal chicken pizza topped with crispy fried garlic chicken boasts black cheesecake crust, a new recipe that will surely put Twitter on fire.

The black cheese crust is made from bamboo charcoal powder, which is extracted from natural moso bamboo, and kneaded into the dough.

chinapost.nownews.com

台灣比薩新口味引熱議 老外諷:從火葬場出來的? | Taiwan pushing pizza lovers to limit with new Halloween-themed delight | The China Post, Taiwan

繼珍奶、臭豆腐、拉麵披薩,必勝客推出「黑比薩」迎接萬聖節的到來,全黑外皮讓網友直呼:「義大利人要進攻了喔!」 萬聖節限定蒜香竹炭雞比薩撒上高溫酥炸的蒜香炸雞,搭配炫黑芝心餅皮,外型相當吸睛。 限定版披薩即日起至11月9日,為期一個月限量推出,每個大披薩售價新台幣459元。

The actual pizza does look close to the picture in the ad, usually they don.t
hIuWrYX.png

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've had charcoal crust pizza before. Doesn't taste bad at all, actually liked it pretty well, and neo-hippies and/or Gwyneth Paltrow say it's good for you. Definitely doesn't taste like normal pizza crust though.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of green dye....... already getting PTSD shit flashbacks of Burger King black bun burger

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is the taste of the bamboo charcoal like eating something that has been burned?

I'm still kinda interested to try it since Im a sucker for limited edition food in those kind of restaurants

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Is the taste of the bamboo charcoal like eating something that has been burned?

I'm still kinda interested to try it since Im a sucker for limited edition food in those kind of restaurants

From what I've ate, it's activated charcoal (don't really know what that means except it's supposedly healthy), and tasteless. There is a bunch of that stuff going on like charcoal ice cream that's black, charcoal toothpaste, but it has to be "activate".

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I'd eat it. But I'm not in Taiwan lol
BTW, anyone on meds, activated charcoal absorbs them and makes you expel them, so it's a no-no.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'd eat a cheesecake crust pizza once. But that's not what this is apparently.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Time of year to remember that do not ingest charcoal if you are on any kind of medication as it can mess with your absorption of it, and this includes birth control like the Pill

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so it's not charcoal? Is this false advertising?

Injesting minute amounts of charcoal is a thing, apparently because it "absorbs toxins" or something.

It doesn't absorb toxins. It absorbs medication and gas in your intestines. It can actually be dangerous because of this.

don't eat charcoal

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I really liked Pizza Hut Taiwan's kimchi pizza when I was there.

And yes, cheesecake crust is a mistranslation.