• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Source

After a three-year long innovation process, Pizza Hut announced today that it has accomplished the "inconceivable" by improving on its Original Pan Pizza with a crispier crust and more flavorful blend of sauce and cheese.

The new take on the brand's Original Pan Pizza is baked in a newly engineered pan, which "perfects the golden-brown, crispy buttery crust," and comes topped with a new blend of cheese and sauce to enhance the flavor and complement the pie's chewy center.

Pizza Hut says the finished product is the result of a lengthy innovation journey that the company embarked on, focused on "combining art, science and culinary expertise to bring the taste of the Original Pan Pizzato the next level."

Starting today, the new-and-improved Original Pan Pizza is available at participating locations as part of a "Everyday Low-Price Deal" where anyone can get a large 2-topping Original Pan Pizza for $7.99 when ordering online for a limited time.

If this is anywhere close to how their pizza was in the 80s-early to mid 90s, I'm hyped.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the same... they're claiming they're going to use better quality cheese and sauce. I'm probably gonna grab one tonight.

I'll definitely give it a shot, I used to really like their pan pizza back in the day. But I haven't had one in years so I don't know if I'll notice the difference. But whatever, good is good.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
cAUdN1c.gif

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
By far my favorite pizza. Michigan and Pizza chains go hand in hand.
I actually shit all over Jets when I got their Bold Fold pizza on Yelp and the guy who owns the entire chain called me personally and was like "I don't even like the Bold Fold, I'm gonna give you some coupons for two free 8 corner pizzas. Go try that." and I ended up revising my review after that. Now it's my favorite pizza ever.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Just 8 dollars for a Pizza Hut pizza!?
Now i'm jealous. Where I live the prices convert to 17 dollars...

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is hype. I still love Pizza Hut but their pizza has not been the same since the 90s

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually shit all over Jets when I got their Bold Fold pizza on Yelp and the guy who owns the entire chain called me personally and was like "I don't even like the Bold Fold, I'm gonna give you some coupons for two free 8 corner pizzas. Go try that." and I ended up revising my review after that. Now it's my favorite pizza ever.
Detroit style man, detroit style.

I live close to Sterling Heights (bless their Golden Butthole) where their HQ is at, so their pizza is always amazing no matter where I go in the area. Their Hawaiian Pizza will make anyone a pineapple lover.

Pizza Hut quality just plummeted over the years (do they still sell those poppin cheese bite pizza's only thing I miss from them). I'm curious about their original pan pizza. But then again, I can order Jets, whenever, and know I'm getting an amazing pizza. Not to mention there is Cloverleaf, Happy's PIzza, Buddy's, Green Lantern, Dolly's, Papa Romano, and even amazing local pizza places like Carlos. There is an overabundance of amazing pizza chains in my state. So ultimately I just don't have a reason to a subpar chain like Pizza Hut, but $8 for a Pan Pizza is worth looking in. Though Pizza Hut dough is legendarily awful so I can't see putting it into a pan would improve it.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Detroit style man, detroit style.

I live close to Sterling Heights (bless their Golden Butthole) where their HQ is at, so their pizza is always amazing no matter where I go in the area. Their Hawaiian Pizza will make anyone a pineapple lover.

Pizza Hut quality just plummeted over the years (do they still sell those poppin cheese bite pizza's only thing I miss from them). I'm curious about their original pan pizza. But then again, I can order Jets, whenever, and know I'm getting an amazing pizza. Not to mention there is Cloverleaf, Happy's PIzza, Buddy's, Green Lantern, Dolly's, Papa Romano, and even amazing local pizza places like Carlos. There is an overabundance of amazing pizza chains in my state. So ultimately I just don't have a reason to a subpar chain like Pizza Hut, but $8 for a Pan Pizza is worth looking in. Though Pizza Hut dough is legendarily awful so I can't see putting it into a pan would improve it.

Well, when it says "crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside" I'd hope for quality closer to Jets but that's a tall order. Jets is actually pretty far from where I live but sometimes I have to have it, even if it gets home lukewarm.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Try Jets pizza. It reminds me of when Pizza Hut used to be good in the 80's

Hell yeah my dude.

still gonna try this out. i know it's not the best, but pizza hut is the childhood nostalgia pizza for me. the dark, cavernous interiors with the greasy, dubiously maintained arcade games are something the children will never understand.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, when it says "crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside" I'd hope for quality closer to Jets but that's a tall order. Jets is actually pretty far from where I live but sometimes I have to have it, even if it gets home lukewarm.
I mean crispy outside chewy inside is just a Detroit-style pizza. You should just look at pizzeria's that offer that.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I love pizza hut pizza. It is a guilty pleasure. I'm going to swing by my local hut and get one on my way home tonight, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a shot. Don't really have it much now, but it was pretty dope back in the day.

MegaZubat

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just ordered a pan pizza from them last night. Think I can return it and get the new improved one? /jk... kinda lol

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Still won't get me to order anything other than my go to:

Thin crust pepperoni lover's with light sauce and the hut favorite crust. With extra cheese sometimes.

I probably have a gutter palette but I'd rather have that than a lot of this $20 "artisan" brick oven pizza nonsense supported by whatever local microbrewery that all tastes pretty similar anyway.