• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still say MJ got sick because the pizza might have sat too long before he ate it.

I once got food poisoning eating breakfast sausage links that sat too long before I ate them. Haven't look at breakfast sausage the same way since.
How long did you wait exactly? Days?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is in the playoffs on the road, you don't call a restaurant and say "star player of the opposing team would like some food please".

How did the pizza place know the food was for Jordan? Even if they knew what hotel the opposing team is staying at, the odds are what one in 100 it's even going to any player let alone the star.

He got sick and doesn't know how is most likely.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
He would've had to have eaten it long before the game - food poisoning normally sets in a while after you eat it.

Additionally, it's hard to think of anything that could cause food poisoning on a well-cooked pizza - so long as you eat it within 90 minutes of it being delivered.

If it was food poisoning at all, it's more likely what he ate for breakfast or something the day before.
This has always been my experience. If you eat something wrong for dinner, you don't feel sick until late at night, or the morning after.

I've had food poisoning set in within just four hours. And I know it was that long because it was the first meal I had eaten in over 24 hours after I was doing catering events and was busy as hell, when I finally managed to sit down and have a meal.

Do we know how long it was before it hit Jordan? The story from the pizza guy sounds like the pizza was possibly delivered around 3-4pm.

Even if it was 4 hours, you'd have to put room-temp pepperoni on it, and then not cook it properly to get sick - or have raw/under-baked dough - which on a thin crust, isn't likely.

I don't know - it seems very unlikely that the pizza is the culprit here.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Its been an open secret since 98. Its amazing how many people are like "Nope. That didnt happen." While we have stories like Weinstein, Trump and Epstein in modern day.

Like I said in the other thread, these top tier nba players always have a side girl with them on the road. There's no way to prove my story until MJ or his trainer, who has now lied twice about this story based on his original story and now this delivery guy calling him out. The security guards are all dead according to the doc director and no one else to confirm who was in the room. Too many holes in the story. Especially his security leaving him to go get dinner.

I still say he was drinking, smoking and fucking one of his side pieces. Maybe he got sick from the girl, maybe he got sick from the windows being open. He didnt get sick from the pizza

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Food poisoning almost always takes days to hit someone but it's also possible to occur within hours or take as long as a week. My vote is chlamydia.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
When he said he got sick, I just assumed he ordered from Dominos.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you peons know that Jordan had sex before the game with a prostitute who made him sick??? Known facts.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Do we know how long it was before it hit Jordan? The story from the pizza guy sounds like the pizza was possibly delivered around 3-4pm.

Even if it was 4 hours, you'd have to put room-temp pepperoni on it, and then not cook it properly to get sick - or have raw/under-baked dough - which on a thin crust, isn't likely.

His trainer says they got it "late at night" "around 9pm" so fuck who knows anymore

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States

The pizza was delivered at around 10:30-11pm.

Jordan was sick at around 2:30 AM.

goku01899

Oct 29, 2017
When he said "Stay tuned" he meant it......
screen-shot-2019-11-27-at-9-04-54-am-1574863777.png

.....Papa John was Aizen all along...

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the "5 guys" thing is meant to imply that 5 villainous dudes employed by Puzza Hut showed up with a tainted pizza. Isn't it more likely that the delivery guy, by some means or other, found out he was delivering to MJ, or someone on the Bulls, and picked up some of his boys hoping to catch a once in a lifetime glimpse of someone famous?

And the food poisoning (or not) isn't linked to that at all.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the "5 guys" thing is meant to imply that 5 villainous dudes employed by Puzza Hut showed up with a tainted pizza. Isn't it more likely that the delivery guy, by some means or other, found out he was delivering to MJ, or someone on the Bulls, and picked up some of his boys hoping to catch a once in a lifetime glimpse of someone famous?

And the food poisoning (or not) isn't linked to that at all.

Exactly. The 5 guys were there to try and see MJ.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
The way they phrase it and the tone of it being depicted in the show is that everyone was just watching MJ eat a pizza by himself when the fact of the matter is that he's a fucking athlete that could probably down a pizza in two bites. That pizza was meant to be just for him or else more pizza would have been ordered lol

Deleted member 15311

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its been an open secret since 98. Its amazing how many people are like "Nope. That didnt happen." While we have stories like Weinstein, Trump and Epstein in modern day.

Like I said in the other thread, these top tier nba players always have a side girl with them on the road. There's no way to prove my story until MJ or his trainer, who has now lied twice about this story based on his original story and now this delivery guy calling him out. The security guards are all dead according to the doc director and no one else to confirm who was in the room. Too many holes in the story. Especially his security leaving him to go get dinner.

I still say he was drinking, smoking and fucking one of his side pieces. Maybe he got sick from the girl, maybe he got sick from the windows being open. He didnt get sick from the pizza
Why are you putting MJ (even if he had mistresses) on the same level as rapists? What are you trying to acomplish here? I say, maybe he drank a few beers, maybe he slept with a prostitute, he still could have food poisining, wtf...

I doubt you ever had one, because the state at that guy was, that sure as fuck was not a hangover, if you know of a sickness that you can get overnight by sleeping with someone other than his wife, just tell us please.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Based on this account, here's what we can reasonably believe, in my opinion:

1. Pizza was in fact ordered and delivered
2. Two guys went from the pizza place, not 5
3. The was a lot of cigar smoking, likely much by MJ.
4. MJ was playing cards in his hotel room with his guys when the pizza was delivered.
5. The pizza was not intentionally tampered with.

That's about it.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Why are you putting MJ (even if he had mistresses) on the same level as rapists? What are you trying to acomplish here? I say, maybe he drank a few beers, maybe he slept with a prostitute, he still could have food poisining, wtf...

I doubt you ever had one, because the state at that guy was, that sure as fuck was not a hangover, if you know of a sickness that you can get overnight by sleeping with someone other than his wife, just tell us please.
MJ has mistresses, he got sued by one.

...the flu. From swapping body fluids and drinking out of the same cups/bottles.

My original post in the other thread included Kobe(also a rapist) Magic and Shaq all cheating on their wives in the other thread. Simple secrets everyone knew in the open but no one spoke about. Certain posters in the OT thread think its crazy that MJ had side women he paid or that he'd stay up all night drinking before a big game(he did it for the Olympic Gold Medal game too, probably others we dont have stories about too).

I just used these three scumbags because they were non sports stories with open secrets that the public knew.

Feel free to read the Last Dance OT. I already went through this with NinjaScooter in there.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

4. MJ was playing cards in his hotel room with his guys when the pizza was delivered.

That's about it.

6.Michael Jordan was having sex with a woman who had the plague

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

That's about it.

Any sacrilegious omissions of hookers and CIA cover ups in your write up means that it fails.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
What if the dude just didn't wash his hands?

Norovirus is a helluva virus. As are other food-Bourn illnesses.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We all know what really happened.

George Koehler (Jordan's bodyguard): Mike was throwing up everywhere. He was flying around the room like a fire hose, throwing up on the curtains, the ceiling, everything. He threw up so hard that his eye popped out.

Michael Jordan: No one throws up better than Michael Jordan, and I proved it that night. I'm the best in the world at basketball and throwing up and crafts and swimming.

Phil Jackson: When we got to the stadium, Michael was still in no shape to play. He was lying in a heap on the locker room floor, only breathing every 20 seconds or so. I could sense that he needed some words of wisdom. I knelt down next to him, peeled open his eyelids, and said, "Michael, today is basketball. " And right when I finished talking, he released his bladder. You could tell I'd gotten through to him.

I'm in tears.

The pizza was delivered at around 10:30-11pm.

Jordan was sick at around 2:30 AM.

Ooo...the plot thickens then!
Where did you find that out? Is it in the documentary?

The likelihood of a thin crust pepperoni pizza having food poisoning due to improper preparation is still incredibly low, just based on how pizza is cooked and how warm it would've been upon delivery. All that would've killed most bacteria.

...but there is a chance, if it was delivered that early.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States

efr has a specific scenario he believes happened that specific night. Efr doesn't have evidence or corroborating statements from anyone that this is what happened that night. Instead they provide information that make it *possible* that MJ could have done this to match his specific scenario. That's about it.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I still say MJ got sick because the pizza might have sat too long before he ate it.

I once got food poisoning eating breakfast sausage links that sat too long before I ate them. Haven't look at breakfast sausage the same way since.
When I worked at Six Flags in college, I learned that Papa John's wouldn't serve anything but cheese or pepperoni in the park because the other toppings (ham and sausage specifically) spoil too quickly, and combined with the exertion from the heat gives food poisoning.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

efr believes that Michael Jordan and his team completely fabricated a story about having food poisoning because if he admitted the truth, that he had the flu, people would realize he got the flu from having sex with a prostitute. Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds, but its important you have that context when you are trying to make sense of these inane ramblings.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
efr believes that Michael Jordan and his team completely fabricated a story about having food poisoning because if he admitted the truth, that he had the flu, people would realize he got the flu from having sex with a prostitute. Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds, but its important you have that context when you are trying to make sense of these inane ramblings.
Yeah this is a better summary than mine.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not speaking to his pizza. I'm speaking generally. He could have had food poisoning from anything.