• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Detroit vs Chicago

• Detroit Style

Votes: 511 76.3%
  • Chicago Style

Votes: 153 22.8%
  • Chicago Thin Crust

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20170216-detroit-style-pizza-47-1500x1125-1-750x563.jpg

VS

chicago-pizza.jpg

There can be only one! Which is it!?

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

Keto-Chicago-Style-Thin-Crust-Pizza-14-1.png

Last edited:

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't even a fight. Detroit-style pan pizza is S-tier and Chicago Pizza isn't pizza.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Detroit style looks like Sicilian Pizza. What's the difference?
I'm voting for Chicago for being original.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Easy choice, but I might be biased. Detroit style is the best style period.

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
First time having Detroit Style was in Toronto and it blew my mind. I can't believe there aren't any Detroit Style places in Vancouver

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I expected the poll to go the other way around. People really like their deep dish.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
The "it's not pizza" thing is always going to be dumb for pretty much all of time. It's about as useless to spout off as "sportsball" at this point.

But Detroit style is still better.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I've only had a frozen Detroit style and even it was amazing. Really wish it were more popular at pizza places here.

Jul 18, 2018
Detroit style reminds me of the fluffy DiGiorno pizza. But I hate how DiGiorno tastes and it always upsets my stomach

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
I love both but would choose an Chicago pizza over any other style any day of the week.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Can't vote, since I've never tried deep dish (although Chicago style is just as much about thin bar style pizza, which is great), but I LOVE Detroit style. Amazing crisp bottom and airy crust.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I don't want a quiche, and I don't want a fucking cake.
Just give me a normal slice of mother fucking pizza.

That said, who is gonna turn down any pizza?

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
a chicago style deep dish is always a nice change of pace, esp when they go bonkers with the toppings. i support it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The great pizza wars of our time continues.

Detroit.

Chicago style seems more like bread lasagna to me. It's good, don't get me wrong. I won't turn my nose up at it. But it barely feels like pizza to me.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago style pizza is actually a distinct thing from Chicago Deep Dish. We're not crazy people who only eat deep dish pizza lol

Chicago style (non-deep dish) pizza is the best though. Whenever I'm away from Chicago for too long I always start to miss that and the hot dogs.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
But deep dish pizza isn't the type of pizza that Chicagoans typically eat. Even so, give me a Pequods deep dish over anything.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
i typed up a whole post about how despite chicago pizza looking delicious, it's not what i would want if i was in a pizza mood. but then i thought of "pizza pie." look at pictures of pies. look at chicago pizza. look at other pizzas. visually...chicago pizza actually looks like the words "pizza pie" moreso than other pizzas if you take what a pie often looks like and make it with pizza ingredients. so for that, i'll try to let go this thought of chicago pizza not being pizza.

but uh...detroit style lol. i still have my preference of what i want if i'm in a pizza mood, and detriot fits that craving more.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Detroit style beats Chicago deep dish, but thin crust chicago style is also quite good

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Can people shut the fuck up about Chicago style not being pizza

I don't care if you hate it, I voted for Detroit style too, but stop it with this dumbass nonsense

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I love it when the pepperoni curves upward, err, convex.

I haven't really had either as a person in the west coast. I did recently have a small Chicago-style pie, but it was very slim.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit style looks like Sicilian Pizza. What's the difference?
I'm voting for Chicago for being original.
It's vaguely similar, but baked in a deep pan that the dough has risen in. They also put cheese right up against the pan. The crust ends up crunchy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside, and the cheese against the pan carmalizes (although the one in the OP looks a little dark, you have to use certain types of cheese). Some places also put the sauce on top in strips.
Buddys.jpg