• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

We are seeking a Principal Graphics Programmer to contribute to our development process as we tackle exciting innovation and rendering opportunities through a collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation. This position specializes in programming that centers around the graphics functionality of the PlayStation 5 and Unreal 5 game engine, but with our small team, responsibilities will be diverse.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Given how much Unreal has boasted about 'film quality assets' in the UE5 demos, this could be a pretty spectacular looking project.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Uhh… this is very exciting?? Spiderverse, The Mitchells Vs. The Machines… Sony Pictures Animation has been on a tear lately

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I loved Concrete Genie, so I'm looking forward to this one. Interesting that they're collaborating with SPA - curious as to how that is going to work, but good to see Sony leveraging its entertainment assets.

Has PixelOpus been growing or are they still less than 20 developers?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That's a really smart collaboration based on UE5's capabilities.
give me a spiderverse game.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool. I liked Concrete Genie a lot, and am looking forward to a hopefully bigger and more complex new game.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
What people forget is that a lot of devs from PixelOpus (and Sony San Mateo) are coming from LucasArts. Dominic Robilliard himself was a Creative Director of Star Wars 1313.

Their team has a huge potential.

Nov 21, 2017
Ah yeah KPop Demon Slaying here we come.
Ev-1srjVkAAaBAI

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
A game with visuals similar to Into the Spider-Verse/The Mitchells would be very interesting, I'm growing fond of that style.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Concrete Genie was really cool, can't wait to see their next title and damn that's an exciting collaboration thinking about the visuals and animation for their next game.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I would have bet on them going down the Mm route and choosing to remain a small studio. Rapid growth, and big technical collaborations with a top tier Animation studio are welcome surprises. If this new game is as much as a leap, as Concrete Genie was from Entwined, yeah, this could be their big break.

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
Imagine a Spider-verse game which is aimed for younger audiences recreates the style of the movie. Insane sales if true.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sony Pictures Animation?

No fucking way, don't tell me this is a Spider-Verse game.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
And some people here were saying Sony will close them, because Sony only cares about AAAA blockbuster games.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need a second Sony studio doing Spiderman games. One is more than enough! Hope it's a new ip

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
Loved CG, i just hope that they learn from bend's mistakes in doing something that fits their size.
I still firmly believe that if bend didn't make an open world game it would have been received better, just keep it simple and grow a bit with each game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Well I was going to say they forget to mention PS4 too (after the recent fiasco) but I saw UE5 and I got some relief that it will be PS5 only this time.
Then again UE5 can work on PS4, so...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The studio is very small. I really doubt Sony would put a tiny team that last we know has a little over 20 devs on Spidey.