• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Man. Maybe I'll play it eventually

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Driveby posting
Sta lol dia

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, hopefully it won't be confined to a platform that is available only in a few countries for too long. Game looks good.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Like I would like to know the goal of the game, but it definitely looks interesting.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
That's a really nice art style. Reminds me of that other game, whose name I always forget, only slightly more cel-shaded or something.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This looks cool but no real interest in using Stadia when the future looks rocky. Don't blame Q-Games for taking the money though when their games seem to sell just enough to continue.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of TowerFall releasing exclusively on Ouya... Fortunately their next game was Celeste.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
I don't blame Q-Games. Pixeljunk games haven't been multi-million sellers, no matter how many platforms they release on.

I own every Pixeljunk title, and I adore them to death but I've seen them for 90% off, if not more, countless times.

Good on them for making money upfront (hopefully).

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. Maybe I'll play it once it's rescued from Stadia.

Art style's pretty close to Sable.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a very financially sound decision

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Game looks pretty good. If it's a legitimate 'exclusive' for STADIA I'll likely never play it, but I certainly hope that those holding on to the service do.
I'd love to see Dylan Cuthbert and Q-Games have a bonafide hit.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Might want to also add to the OP, but this is going to be free for Pro subscribers. If you want to try it out then just sign up for a free month.

OP
OP
CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm sure they've considered what a port to other platforms would look like, this does seem to utilize that "Save State Sharing" feature in a pretty fundamental way in-game. I wonder how they would tweak that on other platforms.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I can't imagine any Stadia exclusive deal happens based on revenue generated by sales. It was likely the exclusivity deal itself that made it enticing. At which point, guaranteed money as opposed to a gamble on sales is smart
Hasn't the talks about Stadia deals being woefully underwhelming and that Google is throwing close to zero at indies to show up there?

OP
OP
CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Might want to also add to the OP, but this is going to be free for Pro subscribers. If you want to try it out then just sign up for a free month.
Done!

Hasn't the talks about Stadia deals being woefully underwhelming and that Google is throwing close to zero at indies to show up there?

I dunno. Q-games can make their own decisions. If they didn't feel it was a worthwhile deal, they wouldn't have made it. I could see the PixelJunk brand enticing Google to give them a bit more than a completely unknown IP.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
My two snarky comments:

congrats releasing on a dead system!

also…
No Man's Haven?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is what a contract signed a while ago being executed looks like