• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's currently on sale for switch. I liked the demo, and I used to love the first game. I remember not buying this because I read it wasn't as good as Monsters 1. But what is the opinion of most people now?

Edit: nevermind, based on the newest replies I bought it.

Outside of the load times on switch, I think it's really fun. It definitely feels like it's harder at times, but it's certainly slower, and you really have to replay levels multiple times to "get it right" (which sucks a lot on Switch...because of the load times).

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the load times on switch, I think it's really fun. It definitely feels like it's harder at times, but it's certainly slower, and you really have to replay levels multiple times to "get it right" (which sucks a lot on Switch...because of the load times).
Thanks, I did end up buying it. Feels good so far.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long load times might be my greatest gaming pet peeve. But I loved the original too much to not buy it.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Long load times might be my greatest gaming pet peeve. But I loved the original too much to not buy it.
What's it on sale for on Switch? If it's near the $10 price range I'd dive in, load times be damned. Honestly the game isn't paced fast enough that the load times are a big deal (IMO) unless you rage quit halfway through to start over. I typically finish out a level no matter what, and then start again if I don't get the rainbow.

I think there's a demo, so you can probably give it a shot before you dive in.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's it on sale for on Switch? If it's near the $10 price range I'd dive in, load times be damned. Honestly the game isn't paced fast enough that the load times are a big deal (IMO) unless you rage quit halfway through to start over. I typically finish out a level no matter what, and then start again if I don't get the rainbow.

I think there's a demo, so you can probably give it a shot before you dive in.
$6.59 for the Deluxe bundle. And true, stages are long enough that loading screens shouldn't kill the vibe too much. It shouldn't be anything like Sonic 2006.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
$6.59 for the Deluxe bundle.

Oh with all the DLC? For SURE jump in then. That's a solid deal for quite a bit of game (there are 4 main regions with 3 or 4 levels each I think, two special regions with another 4 levels, and then 2 DLC regions with another 3 or 4 stages each). Plus weekly challenges.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the Deluxe Edition on the eShop ready for when I get my Switch Lite in September, can't wait to jump in! 😁

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
The game is on a deep sale on the eShop, grabbed the Deluxe versione for less than €7 (don't know if it's a mistake or if they've fixed it but the Deluxe -which includes some DLCs- is also cheaper than the standard version).

After falling in love with the demo, I'm glad to finally play the full game. But I forgot a bunch of things and can't find the tutorial stage that was in the demo? I only see the boards explaining How To Play, but the tutorial stage was a much better teacher. Where is it? Don't tell me it's missing from the full game and that I need to download and play the demo again...

Also, is there anything I should know/be aware of, to enjoy the game at its best?

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The game is on a deep sale on the eShop, grabbed the Deluxe versione for less than €7 (don't know if it's a mistake or if they've fixed it but the Deluxe -which includes some DLCs- is also cheaper than the standard version).

After falling in love with the demo, I'm glad to finally play the full game. But I forgot a bunch of things and can't find the tutorial stage that was in the demo? I only see the boards explaining How To Play, but the tutorial stage was a much better teacher. Where is it? Don't tell me it's missing from the full game and that I need to download and play the demo again...

Also, is there anything I should know/be aware of, to enjoy the game at its best?

The biggest game changer for me was realizing you can push the round boulders on some stages to kill enemies.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I've noticed when playing Pixeljunk Monsters 2 on the PS5 the screen will periodically fade darker and back to bright... anyone else noticed anything like that?

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed when playing Pixeljunk Monsters 2 on the PS5 the screen will periodically fade darker and back to bright... anyone else noticed anything like that?
I have the Switch version, but I'd really like to know if this is an issue on ps5. I was hoping the ps4 version played on a ps5 could make the loading times much faster. It's on a deep sale on eu psn now.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I have the Switch version, but I'd really like to know if this is an issue on ps5. I was hoping the ps4 version played on a ps5 could make the loading times much faster. It's on a deep sale on eu psn now.
I think that was a ps5 problem, literally playing it this past week and right now actually and haven't had any problems.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Could you say anything about loading times, please? :)
definitely better than launch I know that. I don't wanna give you exact loading times because I never timed it and I'm not near my ps5 right now.

At launch I hated this game and I came back to it like a week ago and its so much more playable with the new camera perspective and dlc.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
definitely better than launch I know that. I don't wanna give you exact loading times because I never timed it and I'm not near my ps5 right now.

At launch I hated this game and I came back to it like a week ago and its so much more playable with the new camera perspective and dlc.
Alright, thank you. Double dipped.