• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a fairly laid back film from the concept art, should be fun to watch whenever cinemas re-open again.

Oct 25, 2017
Its a damn shame Disney cares more about making money from homophobic authoritarian regimes and won't let this be queer

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how Disney is going to kill off Lucas parents or older sibling within 30 minutes of the film starting. Placing bets, the kids can't wait!

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
First thing that came to mind was Future boy Conan one of Miyazaki's earlier works.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man what a coincidence. I was thinking just a few days ago if Pixar was gonna make a movie centered around Italy and Italian culture.

Of course this looks really neat, but I'm also having a hard time picturing this actually coming out in theaters (even if it is a year away) the way things are now.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The plotline is two boys live in Italy and an alien crash lands in their backyard and they need to get it home

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Could be fun! The setting should certainly be pretty at least.

Pixar has experimented with different render techniques, so it would be nice to see it come to fruition.

I love how Pixar gives animators and artists a chance at the director's chair
Rarely, unfortunately.

Most directors in Pixar are from the story department, and it's why SparkShorts was set up to allow people from throughout the company to direct their own short.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
There better be someone cumming in a peach.
A different animated property already beat this to the punch...

James-Giant-Peach.jpg

EdenOfTheEast

Banned
Jul 1, 2020
Reading that synapses and seeing the image ... I can already feel the tears 😭 and hear the musical score

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Something different from the usual Disney/Pixar hyper-realistic rendering style. CGI movies can in fact look different than that, like Spider-Verse, The Red Turtle, Connected or even the Lego movies.
Yeah, it would certainly be refreshing to see.

Pixar has dabbled with it (like the tech demo I posted above), and Disney with experimented with different styles with Paperman and Feast.

The Red Turtle is mostly hand drawn by the way, aside from the turtle itself.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it would certainly be refreshing to see.

Pixar has dabbled with it (like the tech demo I posted above), and Disney with experimented with different styles with Paperman and Feast.

The Red Turtle is mostly hand drawn by the way, aside from the turtle itself.

It's a shame Disney/Pixar still hasn't take those technology beyond shorts. I think they experimented a lot with Tangled but had to give up in the end, being too expensive? I can see Soul doing some interesting things in segments, perhaps borrowing a bit from the Rhapsody in Blue part of Fantasia 2000.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I just barely talked my wife out of naming our son Luca recently because I knew it was becoming too popular. I win

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pixar always reveals their movies with a title card, a piece of art that looks more interesting than the actual movie, and a vague one sentence premise and then people assume and speculate what the movie is about and are usually wrong or disappointed.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Pixar always reveals their movies with a title card, a piece of art that looks more interesting than the actual movie, and a vague one sentence premise and then people assume and speculate what the movie is about and are usually wrong or disappointed.
Meanwhile in reality, Pixar is in fact, well loved.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with the premise unlike the premise of their last few movies which is simply just a sad premise. I liked when Pixar made movies that didn't seem like a sad premise but then would have heartwarming or sad moments.

Toy story, the toys are secretly alive!! Oh but it's also a movie about growing old and friends and accepting yourself.

Onward..... Two distant brothers can bring their dead dad back but only for a day.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I somehow missed one of the characters being a sea monster.

It's a shame Disney/Pixar still hasn't take those technology beyond shorts. I think they experimented a lot with Tangled but had to give up in the end, being too expensive? I can see Soul doing some interesting things in segments, perhaps borrowing a bit from the Rhapsody in Blue part of Fantasia 2000.
It would certainly be great to see them experiment more.

It would also be nice to see Disney make a 2D feature again, but such a thing feels like a pipedream at this point. The most I feel we could hope for would be an evolution of what we saw in Paperman and Feast.

SpongeCab

Banned
Sep 30, 2019
Some new info on Luca
thedisinsider.com

'Luca' Main Character Reportedly Pays Homage to a Studio Ghibli Classic

Disney filed for a new copyright register which revealed some new information aboutPixar’s 2021 release, Luca, a movie set in the Italian Riviera.
animationguildblog.wordpress.com

Disney During Lockdown

It’s safe to say that COVID-19 has been the worst thing to happen to human civilization since the World War 2, as it has changed and caused a number of events to happen, 98% of is definit…