• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
Those complaining about more people being able to play a great game like GoW are absolutely the worst. Entitled bunch of insufferable pricks.

Also, can we add a note to every OP of every Jimquisition thread with their preferred name/pronouns so people stop being stupid about it and derailing the threads?

Edit: Just seen the Official Staff Communication. Good!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen a single person complaining about GoW coming to PC tho
There's people on this site doing that - in the PS OT thread where its apparently devaluing the brand or some other stupid reasoning. Basically stupid fanboy reasoning like I'd see from 10 year olds back in the day when we'd complain about Snes and MD in the playground, except I assume these people are older (though going by their posts you couldnt tell)
I'm on board with more ports, Im hoping Bloodborne and everything else Sony wise is next (but seriously, do Bloodborne next, it could greatly benefit from it...)

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
God, some of these quotes are quite something lmao! Can you imagine reactions once everything is getting on PC/PS Now (including streaming on mobile/tv's etc) day 1?

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Definitely seems like a tempest in a teapot. I have seen people complain about this announcement, even here on ResetEra, but it's been a really small number of people. I'm comparing this to the amount of gnashing of teeth over cross-gen shenanigans, and the PS3 store stuff, and this is just a blip.

I'm not sure telling gamers how to feel about what platform GoW is released on is even worth the effort necessary for a forum post.

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This has to be an incredibly small minority of people. This does nothing but help further the Playstation brand which is good for Playstation fans. You'd have to be an incredible weirdo to be against the PC ports.
Not that I'm against PC ports, but what Console maker has/had put their games on PC and it increased the brands perception in terms of Quality, Reach, Effciency and being a power player?

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose it's rather akin to the little pang of self-entitled sadness you can experience when a really niche band that you discovered and love suddenly hits it big in the mainstream. Perhaps they'll cheer up again when Sony takes the money raised and buys more studios? These folks seem to love that.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Not sure why someone would be against more people being able to experience great games. In a perfect world Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo would be software developers that put their games on everything.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I can only await the meltdowns for Gran Turismo 7. That's going to be a bigger impact when that happens, as it's just about the only major simulation-style racing game not on the PC ecosystem. Crossplay would be huge for that game.

People getting mad feeling like they got the "worst" version are a bit silly. It's not like this version came out two weeks after the PS4 game. It's three and a half years old on PS4. It's $20 on PS4. There's a PS5 upgrade that gets you 60fps support for free if you have a PS5 and this game. It's $30 more for this experience for the PC version. People gotta chill.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I'm against PC ports, but what Console maker has/had put their games on PC and it increased the brands perception in terms of Quality, Reach, Effciency and being a power player?
So you think having PS and Xbox FP games on PC is a negative? That getting it out in front of more people doesn't increase the brands visibility? Interesting.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
What's wrong with people complaining about false advertising?
False advertising? Where?

Someone should tell juiceXgamer6 that Rachet & Clank was on the Nvidia leak lost, along with Horizon Forbidden West, Demon's Souls, and Returnal.

I'm sure that'll brighten his day.

Not that I'm against PC ports, but what Console maker has/had put their games on PC and it increased the brands perception in terms of Quality, Reach, Efficiency and being a power player?
I'm not sure how people are supposed to take this as a question asked in good faith, when there are only three console makers, and Microsoft is obviously the only one that is putting their games on PC with a sustained initiative.

You are reaching for an answer you already have in your mind, so just make the statement you want to make.

Alpha_ulquiorra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well Microsofts games have been consistently in the steam top selling charts all the time basically.
MS isnt on the same level as Sony in the Console space, and not in the same space as Sony and Nintendo in the game making Space. We'll see about the future after they bought a major publisher.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
My only complaint is that it isn't sooner. The moment the shit hits greatest hit status it should be on PC. God of War is 2 years late.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how people are supposed to take this as a question asked in good faith, when there are only three console makers, and Microsoft is obviously the only one that is putting their games on PC with a sustained initiative.

Microsoft also has a significantly bigger reason to push the pc platforms that Sony and Nintendo don't: they make the operating system they're putting the games on.

Alpha_ulquiorra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
False advertising? Where?

Someone should tell juiceXgamer6 that Rachet & Clank was on the Nvidia leak lost, along with Horizon Forbidden West, Demon's Souls, and Returnal.

I'm sure that'll brighten his day.

You are reaching for an answer you already have in your mind, so just make the statement you want to make.
I meant ever, in the history of consoles. Thats not to say i dont think gaming should expand though. But has MS's initiative to put games on PC increased their standing?

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
MS isnt on the same level as Sony in the Console space, and not in the same space as Sony and Nintendo in the game making Space. We'll see about the future after they bought a major publisher.
So you asked a question that couldn't be answered because there is only one such scenario and it doesn't count apparently? Why even make the question then?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Microsoft for sure, since they started putting their games on Steam. But I guess you're now going to move the....
... goalposts!

Alpha_ulquiorra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Platform Warring over a Series of Posts; History of Platform Warring
Microsoft for sure, since they started putting their games on Steam. But I guess you're now going to move the....

... goalposts!
Isnt MS the weakest of the 3 currently in terms of Games? The later half of the 360 gen and most of the last gen they werent worth much in terms of games (relatively). I mean yeah they put their games on steam but are they getting 20 million sellers every year like Sony and Nintendo?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Isnt MS the weakest of the 3 currently in terms of Games? The later half of the 360 gen and most of the last gen they werent worth much in terms of games (relatively). I mean yeah they put their games on steam but are they getting 20 million sellers every year like Sony and Nintendo?

Sony is not getting a 20 million seller every year lmao

What the fuck are you smoking?

After a small dive in your post history it's crystal clear what a type of poster you are.

Have fun not gonna bother anymore.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I meant ever, in the history of consoles. Thats not to say i dont think gaming should expand though. But has MS's initiative to put games on PC increased their standing?
The answer to your question is: Who cares? Why should we as consumers care at all about the 'brand benefit', over simply the expanded access to more gamers?

The only true statement on the matter, is that releasing games on PC can in no way hurt a console makers standing in the market.

Calling games exclusive when they are not? Happens all the time with Sony
Anyone who actually feels bad if a game isn't exclusive to the platform is exactly who Stephanie's video was about, it's absolute immaturity and silliness.

An adult shouldn't hold onto a brand like that.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Very few people think this way. It's not like a PS exclusive going to a Microsoft console.
Sony should have started porting these tittles sooner. Now make them day and date releases.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yes but it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact their games are on Steam and you know it.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
If you check, you can find pretty much everything on the internet, but a few dozen people don't represent the vast majority

This is just giving useless attention to a few fanboys

Highlighting toxic gamer shit when encountered is important, as that kind of behaviour should be ridiculed, condemned and pushed as far as possible. It will be beautiful day, when that behaviour become so exceptionally rare that no one will feel the need go "they don't represent fans".

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's sad that people are such fanboys of a brand. Sony (and MS) are huge corporations that exist to do one thing, make money. Loyalty to a corp is horrible.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
Anyone who actually feels bad if a game isn't exclusive to the platform is exactly who Stephanie's video was about, it's absolute immaturity and silliness.

I personally won't refuse another option to play a game on, but I'll definitely call Sony out on its bullshit, PC and PS gamers deserve to know when and if games are going to another platform, that's all

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
You talked about reach, sales are irrelevant for that when people can play your game without having to buy it. But for instance, Was Sea of Thieves played by more people than God of War? Yes it was, that's gotta count for something at least in terms of 'reach'. Also please note that im not saying one game or one brand is better than the other, im just answering your question.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I'd say MS is now more relevant in gaming than ever, and Sony is scrambling to catch up to them.

Sony still doesn't have cross-buy support on PC or anything. No linked playstation account stuff, etc.

When you play FH4 on your xbox or PC you're logging on on the same XBL profile, loading up the same cloud save, getting the same achievements, etc. and you don't need to re-buy the game if you have it on your account digitally, because it's the literally same game on PC and console.

Sony wants you to buy GoW initially on Playstation and then pay for it again a second time if you want it on PC, all with zero PSN integration.

They're years behind and aren't on the same level as Microsoft when it comes to the user experience, seemingly not even interested in working towards improving it. Aren't they the ones who even resist cross-platform multiplayer in games?

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those things I see way more of on Twitter and other broader social media than on gaming forums. Although it was a pretty hot topic even here when Horizon got announced. Now that it's obvious the floodgates haven't opened, it's more muted with God of War.

I think this place would break in half if they started doing day-and-date PS5 games though.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
the more systems the better, it's not like ps5 users are screwed. Building a rig that can give you ps5 performance will cost more than the console anyway. So I don't get how this devalues the console exclusive experience (if you're even lucky enough to find one)

Alpha_ulquiorra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony is not getting a 20 million seller every year lmao

What the fuck are you smoking?

After a small dive in your post history it's crystal clear what a type of poster you are.

Have fun not gonna bother anymore.
Uncharted 4 2016 is appraching 20 i think
Horzion 2017 might be
2018 with Gow and Spiderman
2019 DIdnt have one admittedly even though i think Days gone had the potential if not for the weird media backlash
2020 TlOU 2 is the candidate
2021 horizon and Gow got delayed So thier probably wont be one.

Even if the titles arent at 20 then even the 15 million or so they hit last reported MS isnt consistently hitting.
The answer to your question is: Who cares? Why should we as consumers care at all about the 'brand benefit', over simply the expanded access to more gamers?

The only true statement on the matter, is that releasing games on PC can in no way hurt a console makers standing in the market.

Read the comment I initially responded to.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch right now, but definitely worth having a broader conversation about fanboyism which - though it's better here than it was on the old board last gen - there's still quite a ways to go. Hopefully Stephanie talks about the biggest reason to bring all games - all! - to PC though - game preservation. The PC space is permanent BC that automatically scales with hardware. And it's particularly relevant with how shitty Sony has been at it. To me it's the biggest advantage of MS' current strategy and of Sony's (hopefully sustained) PC port strategy.