• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PinkFloydWallCoverOriginalNoText.jpg

Truly one of the most important albums in music history and it's story and message is just as relevant if not more so than it was when first released, espeically with the rise of the alt-right and trump.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I love this album.

When I started buying records of my favorite albums, The Wall was the only record I sought out an original pressing. I didn't want a digital transfer of the album.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Is it a good album? Yes. Is it Pink Floyd's best album? Sure. But is it the best album of all time? Also yes.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Great album, although not as good as Dark Side, Animals, Division Bells or Wish You Were Here.

It has some fillers but also some of the greatest songs of all time.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
I know I'll be against the flow here, but I really think it was a poor album and the beginning of the end for the band. The Final Cut is worse though.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
So ya...thought ya...might like to...go to the show.

This somehow sneaked into being my favorite Floyd album a couple of years ago after considering a good portion to be filler for so long. I love how it repeats motifs and melodies. It all repeats.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
First album I ever got when it was released. I was 9. Played the entirety of it at my school christmas party. I remember one of my teachers being very surprised I had the album. Used to doodle the Gerald Scarfe teacher when I was bored at school. And just as importantly it was the reason I learned to play guitar.
Let's just say it absolutely help define my musical, philosophical and political thinking for years to come.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood the plot of The Wall until I watched the movie. It's been a while, I need to watch it again. All-time classic album, of course.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I want to go home
Take off this uniform and leave the show
And I'm waiting in this cell because I have to know
Have I been guilty all this time?

I fucking love Stop. Great Album, Animals is my favourite, but damn The Wall is great.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Funny I was just listening to it yesterday. It's a superb album.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Amazing album. My dad bought it back when it launched and he still has the record, though in very bad state cuz it got soaked with water one time and the cover got an ugly green kind of moisture. The vinyls are still fine though. Buttttttttt, I still consider Dark Side to be the absolute GOAT from Pink Floyd.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'll be against the flow here, but I really think it was a poor album and the beginning of the end for the band. The Final Cut is worse though.

I don't think it's poor but it's not nearly as good as the 3 albums that preceded it and I just find it kind of a slog. I don't listen to it much when I'm in the mood for Pink Floyd.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Incredible album. I prefer DSOTM but The Wall is s ambitious and raw. There was a fantastic exhibition at the V&A a couple of years ago which I'm so glad I go to see (twice).

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Amazing album, I prefer Animals and WYWH but it's wonderful. I want a time machine to see the live show.
The live album is brilliant as well.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's poor but it's not nearly as good as the 3 albums that preceded it and I just find it kind of a slog. I don't listen to it much when I'm in the mood for Pink Floyd.

Yeah. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I rarely listen to anything post-Animals. TBH I don't listen to Wish You Were Here much either.