• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Donkey Kong didn't skip GC. Jungle Beat was a main entry for that system. It just wasn't a DKC game because the DKC series was retired since the SNES. But every Nintendo system has had a new Donkey Kong game. The case with Pikmin 4 is super strange and i hope we get more news on it sooner rather than later.
DK didn't but DKC did.
Pikmin is the usual song and dance where Nintendo teases the game for years and somehow delivers or not.
During Wii era, Nintendo teased Pikmin 3 longer than they teased Zelda, just let that sink in for a moment.
we're not expecting anything. i just don't see them the same as splatoon or smash where a sequel supersedes them and makes the previous game kinda sorta pointless.
Then considering how different Mario Party can be between entries, it shouldn't be crossed either.
My point is that as far as Nintendo is concerned there's no real reason to expect Color Splash or Yoshi when they released sequel to critical and (most importantly) commercial success.
Like everything is possible, especially after they remade Luigi Mansion at the end of the 3DS linespan for no reason but still.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Hoping we get remasters of the first two at some point but any Pikmin is good Pikmin. What exactly constitutes "Deluxe" here will determine its I buy or not but glad that more people get to plat this. Never beat it on Wii U but had a blast for ten or so hours.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I can't even view transactions past two years, so now I'm gonna spend the next six hours at work wondering if I bought the Pikmin 3 DLC way back when or if I'm just forever fucked.
I'm pretty sure if you boot up the game, get to the DLC parts you can either see if you can buy them or even see if you did buy it too.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pikmin 3 and Paper Mario get dropped in tweets but Bakugan gets a 20 minute reveal breakdown

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then considering how different Mario Party can be between entries, it shouldn't be crossed either.
My point is that as far as Nintendo is concerned there's no real reason to expect Color Splash or Yoshi when they released sequel to critical and (most importantly) commercial success.
Like everything is possible, especially after they remade Luigi Mansion at the end of the 3DS linespan for no reason but still.
that's just my version of it based on personal opinion. it's an image file, you can save it and cross those games as well :)

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm pretty sure if you boot up the game, get to the DLC parts you can either see if you can buy them or even see if you did buy it too.

Gonna bet the eShop link within the game itself just leads to a dead page, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

I feel like I redeemed at least one of the three DLC packs back when they were available on My Nintendo, but I honestly don't remember.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
60 bucks? Catching it on a sale then.
why are these remasters re-releases full priced, no thanks
$60 for a remaster, not even a sweet remake like link's awakening

I mean, seems like they are creating a decent bit of new content for this. I'm not bothered by it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Pikmin 3 and Paper Mario get dropped in tweets but Bakugan gets a 20 minute reveal breakdown
Classic Nintendo.
Drops bigger bombs in the most confidential manner and waste hours on useless stuff no one cares about.
that's just my version of it based on personal opinion. it's an image file, you can save it and cross those games as well :)
As a Mario Maker enthusiast, I'm feeling particularly seen with the crossing of that one when it's so different!

Gonna bet the eShop link within the game itself just leads to a dead page, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

I feel like I redeemed at least one of the three DLC packs back when they were available on My Nintendo, but I honestly don't remember.
I can check actually
It's gonna be EU shop but still worth a try.
e: it's gone like it was never there.

Last edited:

emperor_ing

Jan 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Perhaps one of the worst kept secrets in history, but hey, I've never played a Pikmin game before (dunno how I managed to pass on the original releases), so yeah might finally pick this one up!

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Man if a rerelease of Pikmin 3 is one of Nintendo's fall games this year it continues to be a disappointing year for the Switch. I'm surprised it's not at least a bundle with 1 and 2 if its one of their big holiday releases.

I'm seriously beginning to doubt the Mario rumors if they aren't even going to bundle the older Pikmin games as the Pikmin franchise is easily one of their more niche IP's. If they are going to milk Pikmin why wouldn't they charge full price for a 64 remaster which is guaranteed to make them way more money? The same goes for the Galaxy games.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
$59.99.... worst part is I know damn we'll Nintendo isn't going to slash that price probably ever.... not sure how they pull this off

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I mentioned it earlier, but I'm surprised no one is talking about the resolution.

It looks like Wii U footage, unless the Switch version is also 720p without AA.

MonadoTsukai

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
There's separate threads for it, but it deserves getting criticized in the main thread, too:

Absolutely shameful how Nintendo went about this port.

Removing the much cheaper Wii U-version from the eshop, waiting just 5 days until after the vouchers expired. That's toxic anti-consumerism and easily on par with Sony's yesterday shenanigans. Why do these companies suck so much when it comes to these totally unnecessary things? oh man ... and of course there's fanboys defending this, too.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Mother. Fuck.

Guess I'll be shooting off an e-mail and/or calling Nintendo Support tonight if I don't have it to see what my options are.

I'm fully expecting to be told to pound sand but I figure it's worth a try.
if you have a download code you should be able to redeem it still.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
All the "can't believe they're charging $60??!!" comments feel like senseless ritualized behavior at this point. Did anyone honestly think Nintendo would charge less when every one of these "deluxe" ports have been $60. including Tropical Freeze, which had very little added content and originally retailed for $50. Given that most of these ports outsold the originals and that Nintendo is extremely paranoid about devaluing their IPs through budget-priced releases, there's really no reason to expect anything else, whether it feels fair to you personally or not.

sadfkahsdkfnsdjkflsdnfjdsf%^*&(^&^&*تلبزترنتاذغر
yess!

wiiuchart8gkp3oxky9.png

DISCLAIMER: this is just a list of the notable first-party wii u games, with the ones that are available on switch, or the ones that don't need be ported because a sequel makes them unlikely to come to switch (splatoon, smash, mario maker) crossed out. it doesn't mean splatoon 2 or smash ultimate are ports, and also doesn't mean everything has a chance of getting ported (nintendo land, kirby).

Of the remaining games, 3D World seems like it's definitely happening, given the sheer number of leaks/rumors about it. The two HD Zelda remasters seem like a "when, not if" situation too. (Next year for Zelda's 35th?)

XCX feels like it should happen eventually, but I'm a little worried by some of the comments devs have made about it.

The rest seem pretty unlikely, because they all either a) received poorly on their original release (Devil's Third, Star Fox, Amiibo Festival), b) were heavily dependent on the gamepad (Nintendo Land, Kirby, Game & Wario), c) already have sequels on the Switch (Color Splash, Woolly World), or d) were budget/niche games (Nes Remix, Fatal Frame). Of this batch, Woolly World and Fatal Frame seem like they have the best odds of happening, since Crafted World doesn't really "replace" Woolly World since the games are visually different and don't contain redundant content, so they could reasonably coexist and Fatal Frame has the kind of small but dedicated audience that might justify a quick (digital only?) port.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
There's separate threads for it, but it deserves getting criticized in the main thread, too:

Absolutely shameful how Nintendo went about this port.

Removing the much cheaper Wii U-version from the eshop, waiting just 5 days until after the vouchers expired. That's toxic anti-consumerism and easily on par with Sony's yesterday shenanigans. Why do these companies suck so much when it comes to these totally unnecessary things? oh man ... and of course there's fanboys defending this, too.
Delisting their own game, like yeah I can get the reasoning.
But the DLCs? Fuck that's so much worse.
Basically you have a physical version and there's ZERO way for you to ever have the complete version of the game.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
sadfkahsdkfnsdjkflsdnfjdsf%^*&(^&^&*تلبزترنتاذغر
yess!

wiiuchart8gkp3oxky9.png

DISCLAIMER: this is just a list of the notable first-party wii u games, with the ones that are available on switch, or the ones that don't need be ported because a sequel makes them unlikely to come to switch (splatoon, smash, mario maker) crossed out. it doesn't mean splatoon 2 or smash ultimate are ports, and also doesn't mean everything has a chance of getting ported (nintendo land, kirby).
Wind Waker

Twilight Princess

Mario 3D World
Xenoblade chronicles x

they need to come to switch

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The rest seem pretty unlikely, because they all either a) received poorly on their original release (Devil's Third, Star Fox, Amiibo Festival), b) were heavily dependent on the gamepad (Nintendo Land, Kirby, Game & Wario), c) already have sequels on the Switch (Color Splash, Woolly World), or d) were budget/niche games (Nes Remix, Fatal Frame). Of this batch, Woolly World and Fatal Frame seem like they have the best odds of happening, since Crafted World doesn't really "replace" Woolly World since the games are visually different and don't contain redundant content, so they could reasonably coexist and Fatal Frame has the kind of small but dedicated audience that might justify a quick (digital only?) port.
i like how you're thinking. of the non-obvious remaining games, woolly world and fatal frame are my most wanted ones.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I hope there's away to jump right into Challenge/Bingo modes and the side missions from the get go. I simultaneously adore the game and found Story Mode lacking compared to 1 + 2. Challenge Mode and Bingo Battle all day every day, though.

It 'seems' like the Olimar missions ditch fruit for treasure, which is nice.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Man if a rerelease of Pikmin 3 is one of Nintendo's fall games this year it continues to be a disappointing year for the Switch. I'm surprised it's not at least a bundle with 1 and 2 if its one of their big holiday releases.

I'm seriously beginning to doubt the Mario rumors if they aren't even going to bundle the older Pikmin games as the Pikmin franchise is easily one of their more niche IP's. If they are going to milk Pikmin why wouldn't they charge full price for a 64 remaster which is guaranteed to make them way more money? The same goes for the Galaxy games.

yep, this game has shown nintendo true face for the last of the year. Covid has destroyed their lineup for 2020. Maybe it was already bad but now is beyond horrible..
I'm actually considering ps5 now.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
My Nintendo transactions only go back two years and the last promo for the DLC was in 2017 when Hey! Pikmin was released, so I couldn't dig up that code even if I had it.

Searched "Pikmin" in my e-mail as well and nothing popped up.
They should be able to pull that info from your account (if you're in the EU, there's even ground for a lawsuit if they don't deliver).
Hopefully you manage to get it back.

J.Gusto

Oct 25, 2017
Binghamton, NY
I can't help but think, this is one of those minority vocal outcry things, in regards to Nintendo getting rid of Pikmin 3 for Wii-U.

Way more people own a switch than a Wii-U. And I never heard of any of you mother truckers talking about Pikmin 3 before this.

It is messed up, but I feel like people love to jump on the negativity train towards games, regardless if it affects them or not.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I've never played Pikmin 3 but I'm excited to get this.

What are we hearing about online modes?

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, local coop on the story?

I wonder if they mean the main, previously single-player main story (where only sometimes you have two characters), or just the very specific already co-op side missions (of which there are new story-based ones).

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
i like how you're thinking. of the non-obvious remaining games, woolly world and fatal frame are my most wanted ones.

I really want a Woolly World port too. I skipped the Wii U, and, while I enjoyed Crafted World's design and the Yoshi costumes were adorable, I was dissappointed that the music (usually one of the best parts of a good Yoshi game) was so meh. I've heard Woolly World's soundtrack was far superior.

I've never played any of the games in the Fatal Frame series, so I would jump on a port of that too.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I already have pikmin 3 for wii u. Should I really bother with this again?! I might actually boot it up and play it this weekend.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want a Woolly World port too. I skipped the Wii U, and, while I enjoyed Crafted World's design and the Yoshi costumes were adorable, I was dissappointed that the music (usually one of the best parts of a good Yoshi game) was so meh. I've heard Woolly World's soundtrack was far superior.
same, i never played woolly world and i really want to play it on the switch. it has a completely different visual style and levels, so it's not like crafted world makes it obsolete. i have some hope that it may get ported late into switch's life, maybe even as a digital only title.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Never had a Wii U and I love Pikmin, so I looking forward to this coming out. Happy it includes all the DLC and new story content. Makes the $60 Price fine by me.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty frustrating this isn't a Pikmin 4 announcement. Didn't Miyamoto say it was mostly done like 5+ years ago?

and yes, i'll certainly get this