• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2017
Looks like a straight port visually :-/

Never got around to playing it though, so I'm definitely picking it up. Can't wait.
Yeah it's my wife's favorite game and she is going to be thrilled when I show her this trailer. Although you are right to me looks like they didn't do anything to up the visuals. I would assume though we will get 1080p docked 720p portable and that would be the only changes. It sucks though as that is almost November basically. That's a long ass wait.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean it's a great game, and I didn't get any of the dlc last time. Heck I got it free last time even...

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This was criminally overlooked because it was on a cursed platform. It's an incredible game and the challenges on the side (as well as the multiplayer) were equally amazing. Honestly one of Nintendo's best games.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I would be more pumped if we had some more new stuff to be excited for. Co-op story is probably the biggest highlight for me but Nintendo I'm gonna have to see some new software before the end of the year.

If you never played this game I highly recommend it. It was one of the best games released on the Wii U.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wonderful news! It is tempting even though I couldn't finish the final boss...

I'm also surprised Nintendo didn't want to port/remaster the first two games before Pikmin 3, but it's not like you need to play them beforehand anyway.

Feb 5, 2018
1 less game off the Wii U catalog. Now just need:

- Both Zelda's
- XBCX
- 3D World

This hopefully confirms the Mario 35th anniversary rumors (64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2 collection + 3D World) since Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Paper Mario were part of that Rumor Mill

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was this a $50 game on Wii U or was it $60? I'm just curious if this is another Tropical Freeze scenario where the port costs more than the original. lol

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
preload is up on US eshop @ $59.99
www.nintendo.com

Pikmin™ 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Pikmin™ 3 Deluxe and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

preload is only up on the japanese eshop @ 6578yen
ec.nintendo.com

ピクミン3 デラックス ダウンロード版

任天堂の公式オンラインストア。「ピクミン3 デラックス ダウンロード版」の販売ページ。マイニンテンドーストアではNintendo Switch(スイッチ)やゲームソフト、ストア限定、オリジナルの商品を販売しています。

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe no new Nintendo first-party games until the end of October wth

I understand Covid, but Nintendo HAS to be sitting on multiple games

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Ok seems like 2020 is just a miss for me in terms of Nintendo first party.
Covid must've really hit them hard

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, will joy-con gyro be able to recreate the wiimote pointer experience?
One of the few games that is objectively better with motion controls.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
This was criminally overlooked because it was on a cursed platform. It's an incredible game and the challenges on the side (as well as the multiplayer) were equally amazing. Honestly one of Nintendo's best games.
All main series games have been released on cursed consoles (as much as I enjoyed both) with ports to more popular ones. I just want a new mainline game to have a proper shot on a popular system.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, really weird cut trailer - just rewatched some WiiU trailers and it comes off much better over there.

How are they pretending that they are brand new games ? It literally called deluxe and they are mentioning whats been added compared to the OG release.

It's at the expense of Mario Kart 9, Pikmin 4, Tropical Freeze 2, etc.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
"lazy" people should really stop using that word, especially considering that there's new content
I mean, they took a WiiU game with outdated textures (that IIRC were a consequence of an early Wii development), and released it again at full price without fixing them. If you prefer "limited", "partial improvement", or other phrasing it's fine, but from the trailer it's clear they didn't work that hard on the game re-release.

After playing XC:DE, all Nintendo 1st party remasters look worse and worse, for games like Mario Kart that looked good on the WiiU the resolution upgrade is enough, but Pikmin 3 needs new ground/terrain textures to look decent on 2020.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
I just finally finished DKC on my Switch. Hmm, maybe it's time for another Wii U port.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
As much as it's cool Wii U games are getting a second life on Switch, they have to be complementary to new experiences. I am quite surprised they haven't just made a Pikmin 4 after all these years.

blund

Oct 28, 2017
Day one. Put 500 odd hours into wiiU version, loved mission mode so much. Will do so again. Piklopedia a great addition.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Oh fuck yeah. It's not Pikmin 2, but 3 was an amazing game nonetheless. All the DLC, extra missions and Piklopedia too? Hell yeah I'll go buy a pair of vouchers and throw one at this.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Price is not optimal but if you like what you see, you should play it. The addition of the side-stories and Piklopedia makes sure I'll be getting this some day.

I mean, they took a WiiU game with outdated textures (that IIRC were a consequence of an early Wii development), and released it again at full price without fixing them. If you prefer "limited", "partial improvement", or other phrasing it's fine, but from the trailer it's clear they didn't work that hard on the game re-release.

After playing XC:DE, all Nintendo 1st party remasters look worse and worse, for games like Mario Kart that looked good on the WiiU the resolution upgrade is enough, but Pikmin 3 needs new ground/terrain textures to look decent on 2020.

Uprgading the ground textures (which were outdated at release) won't suddenly make this version worth $60 - and it probably took more work developing new content than actually replacing some textures so saying "they didn't work that hard" is bullish. I take new content - new side-stories and Piklopedia - tenfold over some new upgraded textures.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't get why people think this means nothing else will release before this, there are no rules. I highly doubt Super Mario Party 2 doesn't come out in early October

NSMBU Deluxe is definitely worse since Funky doesn't get in the way of anything, he's just an extra option.
Forgot about that port. Was more thinking about how TF was 50 dollars brand new though...I dont remember NSMBU's proce tho.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
All main series games have been released on cursed consoles (as much as I enjoyed both) with ports to more popular ones. I just want a new mainline game to have a proper shot on a popular system.

Even though it's the third entry in the series, I guess this is the best shot it is has :)

Anybody who has not played the series or this game, be sure to give it a shot! It's some of Nintendo's best work.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
They can eat a dick at 59.99
9NJRQhZ.gif

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore this year at full price, will probably pick this up as well. It's lame but I never bought them the first time so...

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't belorve thid just randomly drops but then I remember that it was like this before directs

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
that Nintendo is charging 60€ for a port of a seven year old game (which was available as a Nintendo Selects) with pretty much no visual enhancements is pretty ridiculous. they could have at least improved texture resolution.
a higher difficulty mode and additional story content should improve the game a lot, these were my main criticisms about it.
won't buy it though.