• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Today i was looking at some pigeons drinking from a lake. I think it was the first time i saw pigeons drink.

I got nothing against pigeons. I think they are ok.

What do you good people think about pigeons?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw two pigeons the other day sitting on the fence outside while I was washing the dishes, they were snuggling together, it was so cute, curling in to each other. Continued washing the dishes and looked up, pigeon goes from behind, boning momentarily as birds do, Attenborough said it's quick, she was left hanging by herself afterwards, maybe dude pigeon went to get some coffee or pumped and dumped. Perhaps mates for life, I dunno.

It's was Disney then it wasn't.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
When I was a kid I used to feed the birds in my grandparents' garden and the pigeons were the only ones ballsy enough to land on me to receive food. Therefore I like them

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Bird-Control.jpg

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Even when I lived in the big city I didn't mind pigeons. Though in Minneapolis they were less common than bunnies.

I think I have a pigeon living in the tree outside my window, I hear "coo coo" every evening around dusk. Personally, I think it's an owl, but my friends insist it's a pigeon. One even thinks it's a loon. I say THEY'RE the loon! 🤣🤣🤣

Oct 27, 2017
Feed some from time to time when I'm at work. I notice there are loads that are missing a toe or two and some even whole parts of the leg below the knee. Made small talk with peeps at work and none of us can work out why.

komodothefist

Oct 30, 2017
Pigeons mate for life and that's pretty cute. I always wanted a pair of pet pigeons, I hear they are much more chill and fit for home life than parrots.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Don't mind them. Just wish people didn't feed them. That becomes rat food.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I like pigeons, they're everywhere so must be a pretty successful species. They don't care about cars, they don't care about you, they're just out there eating their crumbs and flying around.

Some people call them rats with wings, I like rats too they're cute.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen pigeon chicks in real life. Where the hell do they come from?

Probably from hell.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Love pigeons. Years ago, we nursed baby pigeons from eggs that a momma pigeon laid in our window grill. Cutest little things, and their momma was super protective of them, wouldn't let our hands come within two feet.

Jun 17, 2019
Morning doves, a type of pigeon have one of the calmest calls to listen to. I had some near my house when I was growing up, they are very cute, and yes apparently are very smart too.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pigeons are cool, just birds trying to survive like the rest of us.

We had a pigeon standing on the walkway outside our flat about a year ago. Didn't fly away when we walked past it so we knew something was up. Seemed it was injured and couldn't fly so we decided to pick it up and put it in a cat basket on our balcony. We didn't want it trying to get up to the side and falling off and injuring itself so we gave it water and food and after a few days let it out, about a day later it was gone so seemed to have healed up enough to get going.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I had my kitchen window open full the other week and one flew in, knocked over my favourite pint glass and smashed it, then fucked off back out the window. Wee bastards.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Pigeons are more amazing that people give them credit for. They've been used for experimental plane navigation. Look it up.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I love the slender, non-overfed pigeons. And it's so cute how they bob their head while walking and it matches their walking speed. Underrated.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I've always liked pigeons because of their ability of persevere in the face of human development. So few animals are able to survive in our concrete jungles but pigeons thrive. Even when we do things like shove spikes or barbed wire on buildings they just don't give a fuck.

Respect.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Pigeons are really nice birds, it's a pity they're so filthy.

When I was a kid I used to feed the birds in my grandparents' garden and the pigeons were the only ones ballsy enough to land on me to receive food. Therefore I like them
Despite being feral for hundreds of years, pigeons are still pretty easy to tame.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
We have a bird table, and whenever we put food out, the pigeons arrive first. They're cute chunky goofballs. Then the smaller birds arrive, and the pigeons try to peck them in the head. They always fail because they're slow, but they're relentless. Like imagine going to a buffet and people are like "watch yourself, Gary's here" and Gary is this 20 foot tall dude, slowly lumbering around the room, trying to smash everyone's heads in. That's pigeons. A bunch of fucking Garys.

Pigeons are really nice birds, it's a pity they're so filthy.
Nice huh

Dec 4, 2017
They're stupid and they shit everywhere. Only reason I avoid running them over is because I don't want my car to smell like rotting flesh.