• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
It's the only user I have on my ignore list, just because of this thread... and even with that, yes, we could take out the "make you laugh" from the title...
I also don't enjoy the non-funny and have far less engagement with the thread than I ever used to. But I don't post anything, so whatever.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
We could institute new threat rules.
Post something unfunny - thread banned for a week. 😈
Things being unfunny isn't a problem because funny is subjective.

Posting things that aren't actually trying to be funny in the first place, i.e a cool clip from an anime etc is.

This isn't a "cool pics/vids' thread, so getting spammed with non humour based posts is not only off-putting but also goes against the thread premise.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
When something is funny in a show or game then I edit it and upload it to share, like one would use Imgur for a GIF, or something.
I'm obviously not making anything off of it with my 21 subscribers and mostly just streaming for my friends and family.

Ah that makes sense, like I mentioned I don't really click videos often at all in this thread so had no clue on the context of any of them, just one of those things that looks weird out of context lol.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, aren't we a crabby bunch this morning.

2MKQS0P.jpeg

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
cmon now, calling out specific posters? Lame. I would say either contribute something to the thread, ignore users, or ignore the thread, but don't whine about what people post
lolol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
cmon now, calling out specific posters? Lame. I would say either contribute something to the thread, ignore users, or ignore the thread, but don't whine about what people post

lolol
This

Not everything posted will be to your taste, people. Y'all are free to post stuff that makes you laugh if you wanna skew that ratio. Be the change you want to see and all that.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Awww poor thing :( It tried its best.

Car must have been ceramic coated. The cat was not ready for that level of slickness.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
What does the button mean on the Apple store toilet?
And why does the up right button look like a slicer?

FMfNIHcVEAAQPYH

And air and water come out of this, but it's not touch.
FMfmNF3VEAIajHF

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i used one of those dyson things once, well used is perhaps being too nice about it because i gave up after thirty seconds of not understanding how to turn it on

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I hate to complain, especially because I haven't been contributing at all compared to previous OTs but I have to say this thread has gone extremely down hill and for me, become worthless.

It's not even that I don't find the stuff funny, I'm all for people having different tastes. It's that now it's filled up with stuff that isn't even meant to be funny. I get that there was a pivot to include sweet animal stuff and that was fine but now it's just getting random shit posted for either no particular reason or because the poster likes the clip.

I also hate to pick specific people out but SilentPanda, are you simply posting anything you find and like, regardless of it it fits this thread, or are you farming engagement because it's starting to feel that way.

Again, I feel shit for saying anything since I could help change things by posting myself but this thread has devolved into SilentPanda posting a nonstop stream of randomness and I just don't know if it's worth saving.
I agree, but this is why you should use the ignore feature

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but this is why you should use the ignore feature

The only issue with that is it still bumps the thread to the top of the "watched" list even if the user that posted is on your ignore list

I wish there was a way to ignore a user only in a defined thread and have it not bump the thread in your watched list when they post.

Then again, that feature would probably only be used in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.