• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
When someone is reading a license plate for an announcement they'll always (If they're sensible) read it as individual characters to make it as clear as possible what they're saying.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so cheating in two ways with this; first, this is just audio that makes me laugh; second, it might not make anyone else laugh because the subject of cloning voices is pretty terrifying.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
If I had a kid

mayr6ev795i41.jpg

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I would have read it as "Any fourteen a BJ" and ruined the joke (by accident. If I knew they were doing a prank, I'd have went along with it.)
They were trying to get a car moved so the announcer understood that to be a tag number. You read tags like that instead of individual characters, especially when you're trying to get someone to recognize it's their car you're talking about?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is just a straight up YouTube video. But I saw this in a thread about makeup. And I was on the verge of tears.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
They were trying to get a car moved so the announcer understood that to be a tag number. You read tags like that instead of individual characters, especially when you're trying to get someone to recognize it's their car you're talking about?

"License plate N E 14 A B J"

Eh what he say 14? Nah close but my plate is 1, 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.