• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
aBgL9gP_700b.jpg

Lol I didnt choose the cat life. The cat life chose me.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018

There's this weird thing I've noticed in shows and movies where good, heroic, strong, etc. characters have their hair parted on the left, and evil, villainous, weak, etc. characters have their hair parted on the right, but I don't think I've ever seen it this explicit before.

So this got me curious, and I did some googling and found some interesting results:
The underlying premise of the Hair Part Theory is that parting one's hair on the left calls subliminal attention to left-hemisphere brain processes -- associated with logic, verbal acuity, and "activities traditionally attributed to masculinity in our culture" -- and tends to be regarded as natural for men. Similarly, parting one's hair on the right evokes right-hemisphere processes -- associated with visual, artistic, and musical skills, and "nonlinear tasks traditionally attributed to femininity in our culture" -- and tends to be regarded as natural for women.

In the movies Clark Kent parts his hair on the right. Appropriately, Superman parts his hair on the left.
Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.