• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
EsYA1TZUcAAyUpe

EsYA4RDVcAAnWbd

OP
OP
Kyougar

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
i guess video game stealth isn't that unrealistic after all

I can only speak of my experience as a drafted youngling with 2 months of training (rest of the 10 month draft was office work) but as a green groundpounder, you will get annihilated by more senior and experienced soldiers who are playing stealthy in those training sessions/wargames. Can remember one instance with a night attack (getting woken up in the middle of the night and have to get to your mini-trench (with another person) as fast as possible to defend the position) where one noncom/instructor just "killed" the second guy on his way to the trench, pretended to be the second guy (made easier by the order to be as silent as possible, so no talking between buddies) "killed" the dude already in the trench and crouched to the next trench "killing" both of them from behind.

of course, we were green drafters, I should expect more from those paintball dudes.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Just more appreciation, since this is incredibly well made. Thanks to whoever did! Also:
lmyfjlp9j97.gif

And some relatable picross content

edit: I embeddeda video, Guppeth then gave context to the youtuber that sexually harassed several people through social media. Here's an article on the Youtuber. Here's the video in question (not embedded any longer, but here's the link if you're really interested. I now think the joke is not worth it. And it's really not all that funny. Link), it's a stupid joke about Picross puzzles. But parting his video content from his person seems to be part of his strategy. As Guppeth's article puts it:
"The algorithm recommended some fucking video about, I don't know, the guy who worked on TimeSplitters 2 doing jumping jacks or whatever, and when I got to the end it said 'made by Nick Robinson.' I don't want to watch a video made by some sex creep! Literally no video game YouTube essay is worth that!" Cooper said. "It's like he knows, too, because he wasn't in the video at all. It was all voice over. And sure, his voice sounded dumb and recognizable, but I figured that's because it was a YouTube video about video games and they all sound like that. Fuck!"

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
And some relatable picross content

thehardtimes.net

Gamer Disgusted to Discover They Just Watched Nick Robinson Video

NEW YORK — Local gamer Jesse Cooper was reportedly horrified to discover the 15-minute YouTube video they just finished was made by disgraced former Polygon…

"Hasn't Nick suffered enough?" said one of many comments on the YouTube video. "Are you saying that he should never have a job again? Not even the exact same job he had when he was a creep? Specifically the kind of job that allowed him to be a creep in the first place? Leave him alone!"

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
thehardtimes.net

Gamer Disgusted to Discover They Just Watched Nick Robinson Video

NEW YORK — Local gamer Jesse Cooper was reportedly horrified to discover the 15-minute YouTube video they just finished was made by disgraced former Polygon…

"Hasn't Nick suffered enough?" said one of many comments on the YouTube video. "Are you saying that he should never have a job again? Not even the exact same job he had when he was a creep? Specifically the kind of job that allowed him to be a creep in the first place? Leave him alone!"
Oh damn. Saw the recommendation when searching for a Picross retrospective. Haven't heard the persons name before. Your article didn't link to the allegations, this one goes a little more into detail (and then links to a NeoGAF thread from 2017). Short version is: The youtuber sexually harassed several people through social media. Thanks for the info!

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
There's this Twitter account that posts two videos of seals every day, and this is one of the best days yet

Status
Not open for further replies.