• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
tttOp1L.jpeg

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017

Many Americans were great fans of supporting Irish republican paramilitary groups during my childhood in Northern Ireland, including helping them purchase weapons similar to the one that man is holding. Irish republicans have no grounds for any animosity towards Americans, Republican or otherwise. Do you know what a "black and tan" is?

Apart from the picture being strange, out of date and inaccurate, I would imagine it is at least semi-offensive to Irish republicans by painting them as terrorist thugs (randomly attacking Americans?)

Oct 27, 2017
Many Americans were great fans of supporting Irish republican paramilitary groups during my childhood in Northern Ireland, including helping them purchase weapons similar to the one that man is holding. Irish republicans have no grounds for any animosity towards Americans, Republican or otherwise. Do you know what a "black and tan" is?

Apart from the picture being strange, out of date and inaccurate, I would imagine it is at least semi-offensive to Irish republicans by painting them as terrorist thugs (randomly attacking Americans?)
I showed this to my friend whose father "may or may not" have been involved with IRA activities in Belfast in the 80s and 90s (she grew up in West Belfast but wasn't born until 97), and she laughed. Anecdotal but that's my two cents.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
What is the story of that blind cat?
Is he using his teddy as a cane to get a better feel of his place or he is just playing with it?
Didn't see the source of the media.

sadly, I don't have the source, I was also just stealing it from an imageboard. But my first thought was also that he uses the plush as a kind of collision detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.