• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
That doesn't make me laugh. It's just cute. To make me laugh, the kitten would have to leap at the guy waiting to rescue it, and make him fall in the canal. Or jump off the "boat" and swim back under the bridge.
User banned thread whining. 😜
That said the proportion of cute pics has grown significantly over recent months.

Oct 26, 2017
I've nothing against the cute/uplifting stuff being in this thread. But, it could also make a good thread topic on it's own.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

www.youtube.com

Cat Rides Turtle|They see me rolling

And its my first video,and yeah new channel cuz my old channel cant change name so,HERE IT IS :)-------------------------------------------------------------...
tenor.gif

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's believe it's been discussed before (maybe not on this forum, but in the old place) and it almost always boils down to "put shit that's funny / amusing / cute in one thread that stays active instead of half a dozen pics / gifs / videos of things that are funny / cute / meme threads that die slowly." Easier to moderate, gets bumped more often so people can see it, easier to see everything that's all in one place. Everything else is semantics.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I mean, it's only annoying because you watch it waiting for the punchline and then there's nothing. The tiniest bit of context is nice

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I should point out that my initial comment was not a serious complaint. You should be in prison, but a nice prison for good people.
my reply to you was in the same spirit :)

But it would be a good thing to have confirmation on it. I like the cute animal stuff because it raises my mood and hopefully for many other people.
For everything else, you can't slap a seal of funny-ness on something, that's highly subjective. My Star Wars vid from moments ago, somebody could say it isn't funny, but for me, it was. I did not see the movie and just the ridiculousness of it all with Darude's music underlying it made the deal. :)

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
a "pics that make me cute" thread would actually be a good idea though.

i find a lot more "unique" stuff posted here (funny or cute) than i do on aggregate sites and twitter etc.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
"A curated collection of digital images and audio that makes the poster feel good in some way (even if they feel good because some fool fell over and broke a bone, or shit themselves in front of a whole school). You may also feel good if you have a similar sense of humour to the poster but don't count on it, alright?"

Might be over the character limit though. What about "LOOK!🤣"

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread for cute pics and vids but it slowly died. And most of what was posted in it was cute/funny anyway, so I think this thread is ultimately the best place to post this stuff.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
this thread often treads the line of 'look what I found on the front page of reddit'. Let's not push it over the edge with cat videos.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Recently, in Germany, we had a nation-wide test of our alarm systems. It failed spectacularly. The minister in charge was sacked.
We got back to our roo(s)ts and use proven methods again.

Status
Not open for further replies.