• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Anyone who hires someone other than a professional tree cutter for a tree that tall deserves to get their roof caved in.

Even if the tree landed where he wanted, how much road would have been damaged by the tree crashing down? How much would that have cost?
Is everybody in the US allowed to cut trees if the tree is on their property? Because I know (iirc) you are not allowed to cut shit in Germany. At least not a tree as high as this one.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I am surprised their insurance company were so willing to pay up, here in the U.K. I suspect there would of been a 'so you hired an unqualified tree surgeon to cut down a tree close to your property, it went wrong and now you want us to pay for it?'

Maxximo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised their insurance company were so willing to pay up, here in the U.K. I suspect there would of been a 'so you hired an unqualified tree surgeon to cut down a tree close to your property, it went wrong and now you want us to pay for it?'

Followed by a big laugh.

If in Milan i'd do something like this no one would pay for it.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm pretty sure someone seriously uses that defense for the witchcraft trend and I don't like it
At the risk of getting too serious:

To counterbalance that seriousness:
How-do-you-think-we-keep-the-cars-here-so-shiny-Polish-Sorry-meme-4786.png

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
At the risk of getting too serious:

To counterbalance that seriousness:
How-do-you-think-we-keep-the-cars-here-so-shiny-Polish-Sorry-meme-4786.png

- Without having watched the video -

In France, the "witch" trend started with a book from feminist author Mona Chollet, where she spoke about the social dimension of witchcraft and the persecution of women. That part, I understand. My problem is with the most esoteric aspects, with the rejection of science and the actual belief in magic. This, to me, is dangerous, in the sense that it reminds me of new-age beliefs that came with alternative culture in the 70's, many of which brought trends like anti-vaccination, pseudo-medicines, conspiracy theories etc. that are, unfortunately, working very well today - and very often don't have much to do with leftism. Quite the opposite, even, which isn't helped by the essentialization of womanhood.

(and yes, I know the rationalist / atheist movement has questionable figures to say the least, but I think understanding what science is makes it easy to question these figures. The same cannot be said about... for lack of a better word, "witchcraft").

Now, a funny pic :

iQ6cskW.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Had the exact same thing happen when I was a kid with my older sister. She was drunk and got into an argument in a local shop and ended up punching some guy over it.

We walked out and a policeman was walking by and she thought he was coming for her so she started drunkenly explaining and apologising and he was just standing there confused. Think I ended up convincing her to go and she got away with it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sucks that the tree hit the house, but that probably was the safest result all things considered.

A car drove by a few seconds later and could have fallen on that, or someone could have been walking in the sidewalk. Could have killed someone.

My dad cut down a tiny little tree in their backyard and even that was enough to break his knee when it fell the wrong way (very tiny break, he's fine now).

The dudes reaction in that video is priceless though.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of the thread at the old board where someone thought Polish Car Washes were run by Polish people and he was wondering why there were so many of them around, were Polish people just so good at cleaning cars.
Missed opportunity to lead them down the garden path about Sztuka lśnienia - the ancient art and discipline of making things shiny. Beginning in blacksmiths cleaning up the armour of crusading knights and passed down from father to son down to the modern day, it finds its expression in applying wax to a good paint job.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

With Lenin about to destroy the Romanov family, Rasputin sends Anastasia through a magical portal.

Rasputin helps Anastasia escape Lenin's murderous plot through a time travel portal. Landing in Madison, USA, in 1988, Anastasia is befriended by a teenage girl, Megan while hiding from Rasputin who bound by an evil spell is out to capture her.
EiA1eo5XgAEQVbI

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has watched Yuka for years I often forget how horrifying it can seem to someone who accidentally discovers her:

Oct 26, 2017
I just sent this to a mate in the hope that it upsets him greatly :D

Quick reminder that sometimes trees do what they are told.

Who am I kidding this guy is legit.

It's either this guy or another tree feller who posted a video on Reddit, then posted more when requested of the same level of precision. That's a professional at work.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
It's either this guy or another tree feller who posted a video on Reddit, then posted more when requested of the same level of precision. That's a professional at work.
You have to assume from his reaction though that it sometimes doesn't go to plan. He definitely had buy in from the property if it went awry - he had, what, maybe a foot either side to play with?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

This is some goddamn quality content, thanks for this round butt.
I also am a fellow appreciator of round boys, and this Instagram account is always here to provide me my daily fix, thought you'd enjoy this too!

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is some goddamn quality content, thanks for this round butt.
I also am a fellow appreciator of round butts, and this Instagram account is always here to provide me my daily fix, thought you'd enjoy this too!

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
Lol i love that account, been following them for a while. Definitely recommended to everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.