• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif
Play it backwards and it's surprisingly heartwarming.
ezgif-6-a0820116e994.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any indication that Melania is a genuinely awful person, or might she just be trapped with Donald ? It sometimes looks like she wants to be anywhere but with him.

Why would she be 'trapped'? She's been married to him for 15 years. Plenty of time to divorce him if she was unhappy, but instead she jumped on board the birther train and apparently renegotiated a better pre-nup in order to play ball after he became president.

She's just as fucking awful as the rest of the Trump family.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Why would she be 'trapped'? She's been married to him for 15 years. Plenty of time to divorce him if she was unhappy, but instead she jumped on board the birther train and apparently renegotiated a better pre-nup in order to play ball after he became president.

There's some evidence given that Donald beat his last wife that she's in an abusive relationship, let's face facts, she's an immigrant, Donald pays for everything, he's likely abusive, and she doesn't want her family to suffer any consequences that may be threatened to them by Donald. You shouldn't judge her so easily, especially that she's likely a domestic abuse victim. She didn't ask to be first lady, she wanted an easy life for herself and her family being married to a rich man, not a tin pot dictator

Oct 27, 2017
There's some evidence given that Donald beat his last wife that she's in an abusive relationship, let's face facts, she's an immigrant, Donald pays for everything, he's likely abusive, and she doesn't want her family to suffer any consequences that may be threatened to them by Donald. You shouldn't judge her so easily, especially that she's likely a domestic abuse victim. She didn't ask to be first lady, she wanted an easy life for herself and her family being married to a rich man, not a tin pot dictator

Sorry, excuse me while I don't give a shit.

There are plenty of people out there who genuinely struggle or are really trapped in abusive relationships. I couldn't give two shits about the fucking first lady married to a billionaire who has done plenty of gross shit by herself. Trump has been interested in presidency since at least the year 2000, so if she really didn't want to be part of that either don't marry a gross piece of shit like him when his intentions are well known or fucking divorce him before he makes that step.

Boo fucking hoo. I'll save my sympathy for people who actually deserve it.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Sorry, excuse me while I don't give a shit.

There are plenty of people out there who genuinely struggle or are really in abusive relationships. I couldn't give two shits about the fucking first lady married to a billionaire who has done plenty of gross shit by herself. Trump has been interested in presidency since at least the year 2000, so if she really didn't want to be part of that either don't marry a gross piece of shit like him when his intentions are well known or fucking divorce him before he makes that step.

Boo fucking hoo. I'll save my sympathy for people who actually deserve it.

Sorry I don't care who it is but domestic abuse is domestic abuse, and sometimes the people being abused don't feel they have the choice.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I don't care who it is but domestic abuse is domestic abuse, and sometimes the people being abused don't feel they have the choice.

So you feel sorry for her because of something you made up? Cool.

The only thing trapping her in this relationship is the pre-nup she signed which no doubt says she can't divorce him while he's in office.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017

I've read the other replies to my post, and while it seems like she's genuinely awful, not divorcing while being in a toxic relationship doesn't mean much. Many women are trapped with an abusive companion and don't divorce because they fear punishment, have nowhere to go or just blame themselves and paint the companion as someone who's abusive because they love them.

Not saying Melania is one of them (indeed, it seems she's not at all), but this argument shifts the blame on the victim.

Oct 27, 2017
I've read the other replies to my post, and while it seems like she's genuinely awful, not divorcing while being in a toxic relationship doesn't mean much. Many women are trapped with an abusive companion and don't divorce because they fear punishment, have nowhere to go or just blame themselves and paint the companion as someone who's abusive because they love them.

Not saying Melania is one of them (indeed, it seems she's not at all), but this argument shifts the blame on the victim.

I agree, and I don't mean to diminish the plight of women who are trapped with abusive partners. I'm specifically talking about Melania Trump, and I don't think she needs sympathy when there are plenty of people out there who are really in difficult situations.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Hilarious bc it's true. I must say though while I'm usually more chatty than your average German there is nothing worse than someone small-talking me up during my morning commute in the train.

And nothing is a bigger faux pass then trying to chat up someone with earplugs on. Even if it is your co-worker, friend, or family member. That's just so wrong on many levels!

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
And nothing is a bigger faux pass then trying to chat up someone with earplugs on. Even if it is your co-worker, friend, or family member. That's just so wrong on many levels!
The horror! Happens quite often to me now ever since I got small wireless earplugs, which are almost invisible (and very hard to put away since they have their own charger box). Damn you technology!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Kind of an older video, but I couldn't stop laughing as someone who used to go with friends to the worst buffets we could find while drunk

ODD

Oct 25, 2017

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, imagine walking into a doctor's office, and like all the other patients waiting are socializing like it's a cocktail party or something. I think I'd switch doctors

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

This would have been purrfect if the video cut at the point when the cat dropped the food.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Is that... not how it is in every country anyway? Pretty sure it's true in all of Europe at least
Sadly it isn't if you don't wear headphones here there is 90% change that old people will talk to you.
Honestly, imagine walking into a doctor's office, and like all the other patients waiting are socializing like it's a cocktail party or something. I think I'd switch doctors
That's your typical waiting room in the DR. It's impossible to find one were strangers aren't talking with each other. Headphones don't help much in those spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.