• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
1RqWpm4.png

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

I like this.

When will deepfake magic be sophisticated enough to perform a gender swap on the entire Bond franchise?

I love this, but Craig needed more time in the deepfake oven. It just looks like him with a beautify filter. Also, they all look so much younger than the male versions. Like, Brosnan looks like a teenager

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Great!

I really think in X years deepfake dark magic + audio witchcraft will be able to churn out a modified feature films with completely different casts and shit

its gonna be wild

There are upsides and downsides. complete rewriting of the cast to pander to specific local audiences is only the first controversial point I can think of. (positive and negative), i.e. correcting instances of whitewashing and the exact opposite with "whitewashing" a complete cast for local audiences. You can be sure that John Boyega's character in the Force awakens wouldn't only be scrapped from movie posters but completely changed to whatever ethnicity the movie bosses thought would pander to the specific country.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Watching people fuck with the cops in other (outside the US) countries is so hilarious. I envy you guys. They just shoot us here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I like this.

When will deepfake magic be sophisticated enough to perform a gender swap on the entire Bond franchise?

Hmm... so taking my best guesses here at who would play who...

Connery - Cara Delevingne
Lazenby - Monica Bellucci
Moore - Laura Prepon
Dalton - Olivia Wilde
Bronsan - Katie Holmes
Craig -Christina Ricci

Bring on the alt-universe Jane Bonds.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017

I like this.

I ran these through some gender swap filters myself and a lot of the results still end up looking off. I don't know if it's because they specifically choose hyper-masculine guys to play Bond (which throws off the swap) or because they're usually approaching middle age when they play Bond which further masculinises men's features, but the results just end up looking like the actor put on a wig and makeup. With less rugged looking guys, the results are usually more dramatic.

2bl4rFZ.jpg

As an added bonus, when you gender swap Sean Connery, he looks a little bit like Rachel Maddow:

so1u6Kg.jpg

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I ran these through some gender swap filters myself and a lot of the results still end up looking off. I don't know if it's because they specifically choose hyper-masculine guys to play Bond (which throws off the swap) or because they're usually approaching middle age when they play Bond which further masculinises men's features, but the results just end up looking like the actor put on a wig and makeup. With less rugged looking guys, the results are usually more dramatic.

2bl4rFZ.jpg

As an added bonus, when you gender swap Sean Connery, he looks a little bit like Rachel Maddow:

so1u6Kg.jpg
neat!

obviously, we are conditioned to code particular features as feminine/masculine (differing culture to culture + one's taste, education etc etc), and to an extreme extent in the hollywood context.
the ones you produced appear somehow more genuine/realistic compared to the highly filtered near-cartoonish original examples.

perhaps the off-ness is the knowledge that they have been altered, placing them somewhere in the uncanny valley

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

2bl4rFZ.jpg

so1u6Kg.jpg

Brosnan doesn't look off in either case. That's a good looking fake lady ngl.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
neat!

obviously, we are conditioned to code particular features as feminine/masculine (differing culture to culture + one's taste, education etc etc), and to an extreme extent in the hollywood context.
the ones you produced appear somehow more genuine/realistic compared to the highly filtered near-cartoonish original examples.

perhaps the off-ness is the knowledge that they have been altered, placing them somewhere in the uncanny valley
You're right, I think, about the oddness coming from the fact that I still recognise the actors underneath the face warping. If I ran into Rochelle Moore or Timothea Dalton while I dropped my son off at school, I wouldn't think anything of it, apart from maybe noting how pretty their faces are.

It's funny you should mention that my filters aren't cartoonish though - the results are pretty heavy on the makeup.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

Asking Cops The Same Silly Questions They Ask Us - Arizona Cop Gets Flustered short version

This video is for news and education purposesMusic in this videoLearn moreListen ad-free with YouTube PremiumSongBlack HoleArtistTommy LjungbergLicensed to Y...

So it's like how you scare bears, huh. Stretch your arms out to make yourself look bigger than you are, and then they'll back down.

You'll get mauled if you're not a white man, though.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You're right, I think, about the oddness coming from the fact that I still recognise the actors underneath the face warping. If I ran into Rochelle Moore or Timothea Dalton while I dropped my son off at school, I wouldn't think anything of it, apart from maybe noting how pretty their faces are.

It's funny you should mention that my filters aren't cartoonish though - the results are pretty heavy on the makeup.
Aye, well less cartoonish than the originals i posted, i mean

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
One one level, the deep fakes are really cool... but on another, they WILL be used for nefarious purposes, and very soon. We won't be able to trust anything we don't see with our own eyes.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I swear I've seen at least three of these faces before... And the upper left is totally Dacre Montgomery. Witchcraft.
I immediately thought it was Zac Efron, and didn't even think there was anything unusual. The upper right also looks like a Disney star, but I can't place which one. Either way, it is spooky.

Status
Not open for further replies.