• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
All the games have Mega puzzles so you may be out of luck there.

They're all pretty similar really, but a few extra bells and whistles are added on as the series goes on. S2 added Clip Picross mode (smaller puzzles that make up bits of of a bigger picture), S3 introduced colour picross and giant picross came along in S4 but they're all pretty similar overall.
Oh color picross sounds cool. Thank you, I'll check out s3 then

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
One of my favorite series! I totally forgot to get P4, so I've got some catching up to do.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeeeeeeeeees! Just earlier this week I was thinking it'd been a long time since we got our last picross!

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
3DS picross games will be 50% off
y_5fb387fc4e08293kjx.jpg

What's that funny-looking number between 8 and Sanrio?

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Music in that trailer sounds lovely
I have so much of S4 left that this'll probably be a ways out for me, but maybe this announcement is what I needed to get back into that one

GimeC

Sep 2, 2020
To those who have played 'em, do any of the Switch ones have particularly interesting/new feeling spins on Picross? I played so much on 3DS but would love to try something new. Color sounds interesting?

DOA

Oct 26, 2017
WOOHOO!!! the GOAT has returned :)

i only wish they had more giant and color puzzles

Don't they release a game per year? I believe S4 was released worldwide this April.

Heh, maybe they're aware that covid lockdowns dried up our supplies of Picross and that we need some more quickly.

probably they had more time to create the puzzles, now that they are stuck at home

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
Damn, still only 30 color puzzles. I'd gladly trade Clip and Extra for a full 100-set of color puzzles.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To those who have played 'em, do any of the Switch ones have particularly interesting/new feeling spins on Picross? I played so much on 3DS but would love to try something new. Color sounds interesting?
yeah, color mode is new to these games (in s3 and s4) and it's a really fun spin on the picross formula. unfortunately tho, there's only 30 color puzzles in each game.

Did the Sega picross game ever come out?
not yet. it's been MIA since it was announced 5 months ago.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who prefers Picross 3D? Where is that Switch sequel?
i really like 3D too. it doesn't really have much to do with jupiter's series tho, since those games are developed by HAL and published by nintendo.
there's a really good picross 3D clone on the eshop called "voxelgram", you should check it out.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Good lord.

I first got into Picross with Picross DS which was an absolutely massive game (and it even had free DLC at the time). Then I played all of the first 3D Picross game which I also loved.

But on 3DS the Picross games came so fast I think I only ever bought 2 of the "E" games and then the 3DS 3D Picross but never actually finished them.
The most I played of any of them was the Pokemon Picross, the F2P one.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Oh no, every time a Picross game comes out it literally engulfs my life until I've finished it. I always both love and dread these announcements.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
only 30 color puzzles AGAIN??
cmon Jupiter. at this point im paying $10 for 30 unique puzzles and some other fluff.

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
50% off the 3DS games?! Might snatch those up. They don't seem live on the web store. It's weird but these are my comfort games when I go to a hospital and my wife thinks she might start going into labor soon....it's a sign.

Deleted member 3040

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Mega Picross had its own puzzles. Wasn't that the case in their e game they were introduced in? Never been the same since.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Nice, I'll have to pick it up. There are a bunch of these games on mobile but I haven't found any with decent presentation.

Also, Picross on the Switch was the first game to really show me how bad the pro controller's d-pad was.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Hey so, what would be a good picross game for a beginner? I'm notoriously bad at teaching and I already get picross so I tend not to pay attention to the learning curve and tutorials, and I want to recommend a good one for my girlfriend who likes the idea but struggles with it, she's only tried konami picross.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey so, what would be a good picross game for a beginner? I'm notoriously bad at teaching and I already get picross so I tend not to pay attention to the learning curve and tutorials, and I want to recommend a good one for my girlfriend who likes the idea but struggles with it, she's only tried konami picross.
pretty much always the latest one, since they have the most content. S5 will have the same number of modes and puzzles as S4 tho, which will soon to on sale. maybe start with S4. the games have good tutorials, and if she's played the konami mobile one she should have an easy time with the S games.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
pretty much always the latest one, since they have the most content. S5 will have the same number of modes and puzzles as S4 tho, which will soon to on sale. maybe start with S4. the games have good tutorials, and if she's played the konami mobile one she should have an easy time with the S games.
Well you missed my point, she's rubbish at it. She needs something easier that will explain things well.

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I literally learned how to play Picross a few days ago with the Mario one in the SNES Online. Looks like I'll have a few things to pick up.

Probably will get the Sanrio one, looks super cute.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
So, I haven't played a picross game yet, so any suggestions? Will it make sense to buy all the games available on Switch?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I haven't played a picross game yet, so any suggestions? Will it make sense to buy all the games available on Switch?
just get one and see how you like it. getting S4 once it goes on sale soon is a good idea.
if you want to check out a free version to see how you like it, you can check out konami pixel puzzle collection on mobile.