• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Oh yes, give me a myriad of Albedo puzzles pls! :D

I hope it gets localized, if only because I don't want to use noney on my Japanese eshop account. That's for demo downloads only.

DOA

Oct 26, 2017
my fav game mashes with a anime i like... damn you!!! now i have to buy it

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Any info on an English version? Don't know anything about the anime, but always looking for more Picross.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
This is a strange crossover, but sure.

How were the later seasons of Overlord? I enjoyed the first season but never kept up.

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
This is a strange crossover, but sure.

How were the later seasons of Overlord? I enjoyed the first season but never kept up.

Don't bother. S2 and S3 are purely 'Ainz strong, gruesomely murdering humans' without any meaningful plot development. I loved S1 and defended S2, but S3 was just dumb in how oddly sociopathic it was.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Zonic You know me too well

Obviously day 1, This seems closer to the Final Fantasy Picross game that came out on 3DS with it's story content

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Padding puzzle totals with Clip Picross seems disingenuous. Those are super lame.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope this is better than Kemono Friends, because that one is just anime girls in 95% of the puzzles and while I'm hard up for Picross, I'm not so desperate that I'll take a bunch of puzzles with solutions that all look the same.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Konami's Pixel Puzzle Collection was my first ever exposure to Picross. It has shittons of puzzles (which I'm nearing completion of) and it was free (with ads). Other than what seems to be higher production values, why should I be paying this much for what seems to be the exact same gameplay? Am I missing something?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Konami's Pixel Puzzle Collection was my first ever exposure to Picross. It has shittons of puzzles (which I'm nearing completion of) and it was free (with ads). Other than what seems to be higher production values, why should I be paying this much for what seems to be the exact same gameplay? Am I missing something?
no reason, basically. it's the same exact game. it's just more puzzles with [imo] the best UI of any picross game.
edit: i guess the mega mode is something that i haven't seen in other picross games. it's a really cool take on picross and adds a lot of challenge to the puzzles.

Hm, doesn't look like it's voiced, is it?
i doubt they have the budget to do VA.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Overlord completely lost me early on in season 1, when an ally to the main character got brutally murdered, her eyes gouged out and all, and the main character not being able to muster any kind of emotion. Him losing empathy is a plot point, but not one I care for.

That said, chibi Overlord works in the humorous Isekai Quartet show.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Color picross, better UI, better controls.
Also, more puzzles.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Overlord completely lost me early on in season 1, when an ally to the main character got brutally murdered, her eyes gouged out and all, and the main character not being able to muster any kind of emotion. Him losing empathy is a plot point, but not one I care for.

Can't wait to solve the puzzle of this particular bit.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I just hope this is better than Kemono Friends, because that one is just anime girls in 95% of the puzzles and while I'm hard up for Picross, I'm not so desperate that I'll take a bunch of puzzles with solutions that all look the same.
If you own a phone, there's literally hundreds of free Picross games. Many are better than the ones Jupiter keeps low-efforting.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i just remembered something! i really hope there's some acknowledgement here if you do a puzzle with no assists. normal S games have that for every puzzle as well as every mode if you do all puzzles in that mode with no assist, but [as silly as it sounds] i didn't buy the kemono friends picross game because it didn't have that.

Jan 2, 2018
It's still pretty funny that Nintendo own the "Picross" name and other companies buy a licence to develop those games like we're talking about Tetris.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's still pretty funny that Nintendo own the "Picross" name and other companies buy a licence to develop those games like we're talking about Tetris.
other companies are free to develop picross games without paying nintendo, they just can't call it picross. picross is a made-up name anyway, the original name is nonogram.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
i just remembered something! i really hope there's some acknowledgement here if you do a puzzle with no assists. normal S games have that for every puzzle as well as every mode if you do all puzzles in that mode with no assist, but [as silly as it sounds] i didn't buy the kemono friends picross game because it didn't have that.

Such a bizarre oversight on that one. It's inexplicable why they omitted it.

EDIT: Oh, sweet! Worldwide simultaneous release, wooo! Totally missed the thread title edit and skipped over the earlier posts confirming it. I guess we can expect this trend to continue with all Picross games moving forward. (Let's just forget about Picross e9 though.)

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, slay, localization is great news! I'll have to burn through a couple of volumes of the LN before next week so I'm not lost on story stuff.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
WOW, same day for the US! Nuts they're able to do that. Glad to have more Picross so soon.

.....now bring over E9 on 3DS....

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it the same with Tetris? You can make a Tetris game without the licence, you just have to name it "Falling Puzzle" or something like that?
not really. the creator of tetris came up with its concept and mechanics and trademarked them along with the name, whereas nonograms as a concept are free game and belong to no one in particular. what nintendo has done is just put a specific name on the nonograms names they've published, and since those games have been so popular their brand has become synonymous with the concept.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Don't know this anime but more picross is....too much!!! I am barely half-way through Pricross 2 and still haven't bought 3!

Jan 2, 2018
not really. the creator of tetris came up with its concept and mechanics and trademarked them along with the name, whereas nonograms as a concept are free game and belong to no one in particular. what nintendo has done is just put a specific name on the nonograms names they've published, and since those games have been so popular their brand has become synonymous with the concept.

Ah, thank you! It's always good to learn something new.