• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 23, 2017
I didn't find the gems I was looking for (Samurai Western), but I did find some other things.

Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
220px-Resident_Evil_Outbreak_File_2.jpg

Okage: Shadow King
220px-Okage.jpg

Kengo: Master of Bushido
91RcEFT2oXL._SX425_.jpg

I know what I'm getting into with Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2, I know nothing about these other two though.

Hopefully someone here who have played these games can give me some insight.

I had fun seeing all the old consoles and video games again.

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Okage, but I've heard it's amusing for having a very direct and literal localization that makes it even more strange.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I played a bit of Okage. Kage means shadow in Japanese. It was an odd game. Must've been a rental or demo. I remember it was oddly charming. I think I read there is some kind of toilet-themed mythological character in the game.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Always wanted to play the Outbreak games.

Don't forget to wipe down the cases and thoroughly wash your hands.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted to play outbreak, but I never got into ps2 online and I doubt we will ever see them released again. Shame.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Okage is pretty cool. Never played the other two. Good luck finding Samurai Western and/or not paying a huge premium for it lol

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
I played Okage back when it released. It was kind of interesting because it is is more of a comedy JRPG when most of its peers were trying to be dark and serious. The premise is that you play using the Okage, who is the ancient evil who would be the villain in a traditional JRPG.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Man i should get a PS2. Is a hdmi converted one reasonable? I dont want to risk ebaying a poor quality one

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
Kengo is a precursor to the Way of The Samurai games. Pretty alright, but even at the time it was clunky af, so probs didnt age particularly well.

Rabbit Clock

Oct 25, 2017
Okage is hilarious and has a great aesthetic and sound track. Game play is average to mediocre though. Still worth playing, imo.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I actually picked up a PS1 today with Final Fantasy Tactics. First time ever owning the console.

Oct 27, 2017
I can only speak for Okage but it's one of the most unique, amusing and enjoyable JRPGs I've ever played and is one of the few that carries on the spirit of Earthbound that I've encountered. A true hidden gem in every sense of the word.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Given the responses, it seems Okage will be a good time, that's good to hear.

Kengo is a precursor to the Way of The Samurai games. Pretty alright, but even at the time it was clunky af, so probs didnt age particularly well.

A precursor, eh? I'm a huge fan of the Way of the Samurai games, can't wait to dive in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
So, funny story..

I checked the disc that came with Resident Evil Outbreak File #2, and inside was the disc to the first one. I had to go back to the store, get it switched out for File #2.

Picked up the first one while I was there though. xD

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, maybe this is the version of Okage that's the RPG I wish it was. I can't think of a game higher on my "I wish I liked this" list than Okage.

Oct 31, 2017

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I never played Kengo, but I really enjoyed what I played of Sword of the Samurai/Kengo 2.
I really want to revisit that, because I just sort of fumbled my way through that, because I had no patience for RPG and character development mechanics back then.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Just use PCSX2 on your PC :D Thats what I do.
I've ripped my whole collection and even started collecting again.
Most games run at least as well as they do on PS2, and a lot run better and look better

too many games have issues for me. Having to change stuff mid game is a nono

ace combat 4 and 5 still ain't glitch free :(