• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one would you choose

• The Last of Us Part II

Votes: 921 40.4%
  • God of War

Votes: 1,359 59.6%

• Total voters

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Love Part II but GOW has slightly more replay value so thats a win for me. Both are excellent though.

Apr 21, 2018
Gotta say I love the diversity of opinions in this thread. How two amazing games can speak differently to people's tastes and sensibilities. This is truly the best art form.

BreakingARC

Oct 30, 2017
God of War was good, Last Of Us Part II was very good.
Might need to replay God of War on PS5 tho.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Don't really like either. But God of war is the less unfun game of the two so i'd go with that (but it still pales in comparison to the older GoW games, except Ascension).

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I picked God Of War because I'm still early in TLOU II. I can see myself changing my vote if TLOU II keeps getting better though. It's fantastic so far.

Sony Studios really killed it this gen didn't they? Unreal string of releases.

Oct 18, 2020
This is hard.
I love them both but I'd ultimately go with the last of us II.
The technology in that game is mind blowing and the narrative is wonderful.
Lots of shocks & twists and turns but ultimately, wonderful.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
God of War

tlou 2 turned into a slog the more you play
abby's part
and then by the end it's just a complete slog to the end.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
I liked gow but I loved last of us 2. I've just gotten around to playing it and I loved it and actually went out of my way to platinum it as I liked it so much.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
God of War - save for a lack of big boss variety - is about as close to perfect as a AAA 3rd person game has ever gotten, IMO.

It's definitely in my Top Ten of that genre. And in my Top Five of the generation, for sure.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
TLOU2. Atreus got on my nerves and I was a bit let down with the boss encounters.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Both incredible games, but i voted for TloU2 (and the multiplayer has still to come around).

Sony absolutely nailed it this gen.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
God of War is a competent game. TLoU2 is a masterpiece. Easiest poll ever?

(Feels like I've been saying that a lot lately)

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I liked Last of Us 2 more, and I think it's a better game and that's as someone who would probably normally prefer the type of game God of War is over some other random third person stealth/shooter game.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TLOU2 easy. I enjoyed GOW 2018 but I don't think I've ever thought about it again since finishing it. TLOU2 is my game of the generation and one of my favourites ever.

Pretty much where I am.

GOW is a 10/10, as affecting as a video-game-ass game can be, but I don't think it resonated with me in a personal way a did TLOU2.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gow was a game changer and excellent... Part II was way beyond even that, in scope, ambition and final delivery. So Part II for me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
TLoU2, no question.

Better gameplay, better story, better characters, better visuals. Everything.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'd pick tlou over both, but I don't think I can choose between the two of them. They're both amazing and both have faults. GoW was more awe inspiring, but tlou2 stuck with me longer.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
God of War isn't quite as courageous as The Last of Us Part 2, but it excels in what it achieves where I believe TLOU2 stumbles. In reference to both gameplay and story. Art is excellent in both but God of War is more to my personal tastes.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked both but I feel like LOU pt2 had way more impact with me.

GoW was polished to a mirror shine but I never felt like I was doing anything I'd never seen or done before, so it wasn't as exciting for me.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
GoW is great but in my opinion has a bunch of things holding it back from being incredible. It ultimately served to create a very solid foundation that can only be improved in future games.

However, the game hits a point in the middle where it starts to wane and by the end grows tiresome after it repeatedly throws enemies you already fought but this time in a different color.

Story was good but not great as well. The broad strokes are excellent as well as the characterization; however, the game has you going on weird MacGuffin chases all the time. You would reach a location only for it not to be the real one. After you reach the door that will lead to where you want to go, the game tells you that you need to obtain a key before you can go in. You then proceed to go to where the key is only to realize it's been split in half. By the time you collect everything Atreus all of a sudden is an angst tee but WAIT! We only did this so we can drag the game out for another hour and this plot line is so quickly resolved you wonder why it was even there to begin with.

This isn't a major deal by the way. I get it's suppose to facilitate more gameplay. I just wish the narrative didn't have to meander and start to spiral down out of control for that gameplay to happen. The way the story is constructed can only really serve a game that is 8-10 hours imo.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us II easily. I heard so many good things about God of War and really wanted to like it but it just didn't click for me and I eventually dropped it. TLoU2 on the other hand I absolutely loved and it's a phenomenal game.

Deleted member 90921

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
TLOU2. GoW is a masterpiece but mythological settings aren't as interesting to me as The Last of Us' universe.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
CR7gOx6.gif

ZK2lVzL.gif

Gifs by SunhiLegend

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Love both games. My only nitpick with GOW is that it does hinge on continuing the story in the sequel. It's still a nice self contained story but it definitely feels like we're ramping up to something bigger and left a lot of questions to answer for Ragnarok. It was the beginning, a great one though.

While TLOU2 just feels complete. GOW would beat out 9 out of 10 games but TLOU2 is the greater great.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Hard choice but I mainly liked god of war for the combat and I can go to other even better games for that. Nothing can replicate the experience of TLOU2, especially in terms of its story, so that.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
i mean, you actually could considering the genre, replace that game with many others

In terms of tone and overall production (budget, writing, acting, design, etc) I can't.
Most AAA third person action games are pure fun adventures or pure action with campy plots.

Maybe Silent Hill 2... it's a stretch but could work. Some Kojima games but those are even more different imo.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna replay GoW. I'm not sure I'd ever do the same to TLOU2.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about either. I'm unlikely to buy either of their sequels, either, and the only first party Sony game I might actually buy is Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
In terms of tone and overall production (budget, writing, acting, design, etc) I can't.
Most AAA third person action games are pure fun adventures or pure action with campy plots.

Maybe Silent Hill 2... it's a stretch but could work. Some Kojima games but those are even more different imo.
Several other games have that tone, things like spec ops the line, it just doesn't have zombies, it's story I have massive issues with like it's need to justify it's characters monstrous act, but the whole revenge is hollow aspect is not new or unique, again other games have done it. And actually being fun to play and wanting to play is you know important for a video. The last of us 2 makes you feel so bad playing it that you don't want to replay it. They experience once they may enjoy it they may not. But they won't play it again