• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
Playstation has a vast catalogue of awesome IPs, many of which are unfortunately dormant for the time being.

If you had to pick a single IP from each of the past 3 generations that you are confident will make a return with a brand new game (NOT a remake/remaster), which ones would you pick?

For me I'd say:
PS1- Ape Escape
PS2 - Siren
PS3- Resistance

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance

Give me a good, full-length, narrative-focused SP campaign and support R2 style co-op as a GaaS.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
PS1 - Wild Arms

the mobile game happened but does that really count? I could see a modern western JRPG doing well but I think Sony would give the IP to someone else rather than develop it in-house.

PS2 - Jak and Daxter

Not by Naughty Dog, but something similar to Ratchet and Clank could do well. I figure it'd be a similar reboot but more in the vein of the first game.

PS3 - Demon's Souls

Never played it, no idea if it'd work, but hey it'd technically be a way to get a new Souls game

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
Imo we will see the returns of Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, and this last one is me just hoping, but Tokyo Jungle. Twisted Metal and Sly Cooper are getting TV shows so games to go along with them would just make sense. I just really want another Tokyo Jungle game.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
PS1 - The Legend of Dragoon (Bluepoint director wondered if LoD should be a project)
PS2 - The Getaway (Blood & Truth was originally intended to be an installment in The Getaway series)
PS3 - Demon's Souls (Couldn't think about any other game)

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
PS1 - Parasite Eve
PS2 - Onimusha (though i don't know if thats still in the cards if the remaster didn't do as good as they thought)
PS3 - Dead Space

.....been replaying a lot of horror games lately

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
So this is more what I want, but hey, I can see these being somewhat likely as well. Maybe...

PS1 - Wild Arms
PS2 - Dark Cloud

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication

Do Not Create: List Threads

A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. For example: Asking members to rank their favorite characters in media. These threads tend not to generate much, if any, actual discussion or member interaction. Voting threads (threads that solicit ballot-style replies) will usually fall under this category as well, unless a lot of effort is put into them. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek approval beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.