• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
DWade deserved a longer prime. He'd have been top 15 all time if he had maintained his peak.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
I know he has a hall of fame career still one the all time great but Clayton Kershaw Man 2016 could have been the greatest pitching season ever

Tabs2002

Feb 1, 2018
brazil-r9.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Griffey and Rose are good ones that are hard to argue.

My selfish pick is Colt McCoy because it would've changed the whole course of college football and UT would've been incredible when I was there with Saban as the coach.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
NBA - Penny Hardaway
NFL - Bob Sanders
MLB - Since so many said Griffey already, I'll go with Nomar Garciaparra.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Damn, I readed the title as "cancer" and was like

7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

I probably need glasses

Dec 2, 2020
Ronaldo. What he done with two near career ending injuries was spectacular. If he hadn't gotten injured he'd have broken Pele's records and been regarded as the goat.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I've always kinda thought that the timing of this was a blessing in disguise for WWF because they didn't have to deal with his backstage politicking BS while guys like Austin and Rock were getting white hot

The injury was the best thing to happen to him in the long run. He got clean, got a fresh start, and came back with a better mindset and put some others over.

Griffey Jr and Rose are the two go to choices.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Rose is a good one.

Brandon Roy is another one. His game was similar to the style played by NBA 1s now. He could've dominated in a way the game wasn't ready for.

Sandy Koufax would've gone down as the greatest pitcher ever if his elbow didn't give out.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Bo Jackson. Even though his injury reduced his speed and agility greatly he was still able to compete at the highest level in MLB. I mean just imagine the numbers he would have ended up doing in the NFL if he had played just three or four more seasons.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Rose is a good one.

Brandon Roy is another one. His game was similar to the style played by NBA 1s now. He could've dominated in a way the game wasn't ready for.

Sandy Koufax would've gone down as the greatest pitcher ever if his elbow didn't give out.

Koufax is a great call and disappointed that I didn't think of him.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Andrew Luck is another good example I haven't seen mentioned. He had some sort of shoulder injury from snowboarding that appears to never have been treated properly. He also got beaten to hell behind a jank O line most of his career. All of that lead to him retiring so young.

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
In the MMA world, Cain Velasquez and Dominick Cruz. Two top tier champion's whos primes and careers were cut in half because of their constant injuries. Both guys might have stayed champs their entire careers until the competition caught up to them.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
The only answer is Alessandro Del Piero.
Dude was a Messi-tier player before the awful injury in the 90s. He won basically everything even with the bad knee, but he could have achieved a couple of Ballon D'Or.

Jun 14, 2019
I read the title and was thinking primarily of people going forward, so I would say Zion Williamson and Aaron Judge.

If the past, Grant Hill and Ken Griffey Jr.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Bo Jackson is a good choice, I might go with Bill Walton though because he could have easily ended up a top 10 all-time player without injuries. Maybe Magic Johnson too, he lost quite a few years due to the HIV stuff.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Derrick Rose.

It blows me away when I remember he's younger than Steph Curry. An injury free D Rose could've taken the Bulls back to the top.